Summary of Offense: Convicted and sentenced to die for the November 19, 1990 rape and murder of Carenthia Marie Bailey. 11-year-old Carenthia Marie Bailey disappeared after attending a middle school basketball game. Her body was found two days later in a nearby woods, raped, strangled and with 20 or more puncture wounds in her abdomen. Chambers made oral, written and videotaped confessions, which he later tried to recant. Several witnesses saw Chambers leave the basketball game with her.

Victim:
Carenthia Marie Bailey

Manner of execution: Lethal injection

Time of Death:
6:18 p.m.

Last Meal:
five chicken patties, ten slices of cheese, five hamburger buns (mustard on each side), two sliced pickles (whole), two bags of Doritos, two cokes, and one pint of tin roof ice cream

Final Statement:
"Mom, I just want y'all to know that I love you," he said. "No matter what in life, I want you to stay strong." He did not acknowledge the presence of the mother of his victim, who watched through a window a few feet away. As the drugs were to about to be administered, however, he addressed his father. "Dad, I want you to stay strong."