Summary of Offense: Convicted and sentenced to death for the November 17, 1983 robbery, rape and murder of a University of Texas student.

Jackson and his accomplice, James Otis Clary, met in a halfway house, where they discussed stealing a car to commit future robberies. They left the halfway house on November 17, 1983 and later that night staked out the parking lot at the University of Texas campus in Austin. As UT student Rosalind Robison, 24, got in her car, Jackson and Clary forced her inside and drove away in her car. They drove to a bank and used her ATM card for $50, then took turns raping her as they drove. According to Clary, because he used Jackson's name in the presence of Rosalind, she was executed.

Clary and Jackson took Rosalind from the car, with her hands bound, and led her near a gravel pit where she was shot at point blank range in the back of the head by Jackson. After Jackson tried to hide the body by covering it with loose gravel, he and Clary left the scene in Rosalind's car. Jackson kept the car until he was arrested four days later. When Jackson was arrested, police found Rosalind's ATM card in the car.

Pubic hairs removed from the back seat of Rosalind Robison's car, matched Jackson's pubic hair. Finger prints found on Rosalind's personal effects, recovered from the trunk of the car, were also identified as Jackson's.

Jackson had a 1997 conviction for federal bank robbery (10 years); 1982 conviction for burglary of auto (four years). Accomplice James Otis Clary pled guilty, testified against Jackson, and was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Victim:
Rosalind Robison

Manner of execution:
Lethal injection

Time of Death:
6:24 p.m.

Last Meal:
None

Final Statement:
"Yes sir, I would like to address the Robinson family. There is nothing I can say here or anything I could probably do. Now you are all probably mad at me and I would probably be in the same situation you all in if anybody I thought killed anybody in my family ahh. If I knew who killed Rosalyn I would let you know, but, I am going to say this: I am going to heaven with God as my witness.

Ros was a personal friend of mine. She was a beautiful person, very educated, her. I'm very tight with the Robinson family. She was proud that she had a father that was a doctor.

My family is not here present and that is by my wish and my wish only. Now the tables is turned. You are all here, the Robinson family is her to see me executed. That is something that I would not want for my family.

In no form or fashion would I have ever want to see Rosalyn dead. I left the scene of where the incident happened. I guarantee you if I would have been there you would not be standing where you are if I would have been there.

You all have some very serious look on your face and something very serious fixin' to happen now. I will say this on my own behalf but then again I know it is not going to make any difference but what you fixing to witness is not a nice thing. It's not nice. It's not nice.

The media. I would just like to address to the media with everybody's permission. I would like to say before I go that it has been said that I have shown no remorse, but if you look at my record and my background, ask anybody that know me that in order for me to show any kind of remorse for killing that ever been done, this one time I can't show no remorse for something that I did not do and if I did I would be faking. I would totally be faking and believe me there is nothing fake about me. Nothing fake. I've done wrong, sure, I've paid the time. This is one time that I know I cannot show no remorse for something that I did not do.

I am at peace, please believe me. Wherefore, I figure that what I am dying for now is what I have done in my past. This is what I am dying for. Not for killing Rosalyn. I don't know what ya'll call her but I call her Ros, I call her Ros. That's it."