Thread: Christopher Emery Cramer - Federal Death Row

Christopher Emery Cramer - Federal Death Row

White supremacists sentenced to death for murdering fellow gang member in Beaumont prison

By Sara Coella
    The Dallas Morning News

Two inmates were sentenced to death Wednesday for murdering a fellow white supremacist gang member in a federal prison in Beaumont.

Ricky Fackrell, 34, and Christopher Cramer, 36, fatally stabbed Leo Johns in June 2014 after three months of conspiring to do so, according to information presented in court.

All three men were identified as members of the Soldiers of the Aryan Culture prison gang.

"White supremacists subscribe to a repugnant, hateful ideology," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said. "This department will continue to prosecute violent criminals with the aggressiveness and relentlessness necessary in cases like these."

A federal jury convicted both men of murder in the first degree after a six-day trial ending May 9. The Beaumont jury sentenced them to death after eight hours of deliberation, and district judge Marcia Crone sentenced them accordingly.

"When the murder happens in a prison, it is clear that the defendants are always going to be a danger," U.S. Attorney Joseph Brown said. "This was an appropriate case for the death penalty and we will continue to seek that punishment in the worst cases."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-prison-inmate
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Legend CharlesMartel's Avatar
    Former Ogden man is one of the first to get federal death sentence in 2018

By Jacob Scholl
    The Standard-Examiner

BEAUMONT, Texas — A former Ogden man being housed at a federal prison in Texas was one of two Utah men given federal death sentences for stabbing and killing another inmate in 2014.

Their convictions mark the first federal death sentences given out in 2018, according to the Death Penalty Information Center.

Before Christopher Emery Cramer, 36, was found guilty of killing a fellow member of a white supremacist prison gang, he was put in the federal system for a botched bank robbery in Clearfield.

On March 14, 2003, Cramer entered a Goldenwest Credit Union in Clearfield, pointed a semi-automatic Desert Eagle handgun at the teller and demanded money, according to a probable cause statement. Cramer was given more than $5,000 in cash before he fled the store.

As he left, Cramer pointed the gun at a woman and her brother, stole their truck and drove away. Later a dye pack — a device that sprays a colored smoke — hidden in the stolen cash went off in the truck, causing Cramer to abandon the truck. He was arrested by police shortly after.

Cramer was federally prosecuted for bank robbery charges in 2003 and was ordered to serve a little more than 10 years in federal prison.

After his sentence, Cramer bounced around between several federal prisons throughout the country, federal records show.

Cramer was charged and convicted multiple times while in federal prison for attacking other inmates.

While serving time in the U.S. penitentiary in McCreary, Kentucky, Cramer was convicted in 2010 of possessing a shank two years earlier in 2008. He appealed the case, but later in a letter to his attorney said that he was withdrawing his appeal.

“I got 20 more years in California and see no need to pursue this matter,” Cramer wrote in a letter.

The prison time he was referring to involved charges filed against him while he was serving time at the U.S. penitentiary in Victorville, California. Cramer and another man were convicted of trying to kill another inmate by stabbing him with a homemade shank and strangling him. Both men received 20-year sentences for the attempted murder.

While bouncing around from penitentiary to penitentiary, records show Cramer spent time at the U.S. administrative security penitentiary in Florence, Colorado, the only supermax prison in the United States.

The facility — dubbed by many as the “Alcatraz of the Rockies” — is known as one of the most secured prisons in the country and is notorious for housing some of the most dangerous people in the country.

Federal prison records show that current inmates of the Florence penitentiary include Theodore Kaczynski, better known as the Unabomber, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, one of two men responsible for the Boston Marathon Bombing in 2013.

Inside the prison, inmates are kept in solitary confinement for roughly 23 hours a day.

After numerous violent convictions while in different federal prisons, Cramer wound up in the U.S. penitentiary in Beaumont, Texas. On June 9, 2014, after months of planning, Cramer and another Utah man, Ricky Fackrell, a 34-year-old former Vernal resident, attacked, stabbed and killed fellow inmate Leo Johns.

All three men were said to be members of the Soldiers of the Aryan Culture, a white supremacy prison gang based in Utah, according to the Anti-Defamation League.

On Wednesday, June 13, Cramer and Fackrell were convicted of killing Johns and were given death sentences from the federal government.

The Justice Department issued a press release following their convictions, with Attorney General Jeff Sessions saying that “white supremacists subscribe to a repugnant, hateful ideology and use it to justify criminal activity.”

“The murder committed in this case was an act of senseless, barbaric violence. Now that the jury has spoken, justice will be done,” Sessions said in the release.

The two Utah men will be added to the list of 76 people the federal government has given a death sentence to since 1988.

The majority of people sentenced to death by the federal government are housed at the federal penitentiary in Terre Haute, Indiana, where the execution chamber is located.

It was not immediately clear if or when the two Utah men will be transferred to Terre Haute. Calls to the Beaumont prison where Cramer and Fackrell are being held were unanswered as of Thursday.

With the addition of Cramer and Fackrell, there are now 63 federal death row inmates in the United States. The only men given the same sentences in 2017 include convicted serial killer Gary Sampson and Dylann Roof, who was convicted of killing nine black members of a Charleston, South Carolina church in 2015.

It’s been more than 15 years since the last time a federal inmate was executed because the federal government has not been able to obtain the lethal injection drugs needed to carry out the executions, according to The Marshall Project.

http://www.standard.net/Courts/2018/...e-in-2018.html
    In the Shadow of Your Wings
    1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!

Death sentence affirmed by the Fifth Circuit.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...021-03-11.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

The panel was made up of Judges Stewart (Clinton), Duncan (Trump) and Wilson (Trump).

Distributed for conference March 18, 2022.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/21-5995.html

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Petition for certiorari denied.

Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
    Case Numbers: (18-40598)
    Decision Date: March 12, 2021
    Rehearing Denied: May 17, 2021

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/21-5995.html

Thread Information