Anyone want to help this gal out?

Trying to stay at Chowan!

Hello my name is Heather Owens, I am a sophomore at Chowan University majoring in Psychology. I have worked exceptionally hard to make it here and I am proud to say that I am making the most of my college experience ... I love my school and am doing well here academically, socially and emotionally. However, I am not doing well financially.

I spent most of my life living with my maternal grandmother. I was fortunate enough to have a grandmother who stressed the importance of a great education and sacrificed to make sure I was able to attend Chowan. She passed away in March. If I am able to graduate, I will be the first member of my immediate family to finish college.

After working all summer at Applebee's as a hostess, and applying and receiving federal grants and a few student loans I am still $6,800 short in tuition funds for this school year. I need help to continue making my dreams a reality and this is the crucial time when I must ask for it. If you choose to give in any amount, I'd like you to consider it an investment rather than a donation. If you invest in me, I have no doubt that I will be successful. I have always felt a strong desire to give back in my community as a way of thanking all of the incredible people who have helped me on my journey to success. Please consider investing in my future so that I may become the best version of myself.

http://www.gofundme.com/up3u3kh2