Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kristopher Ledell Love - Texas Death Row

Love entered Texas' death row on 11/16/18.

https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/Offe...n?sid=50775019

Related:

Jury Selection Begins Friday in Dallas Murder-for-Hire Trial

Delgado fled to Mexico following Kendra Hatcher's murder

By Courtney Gilmore
    NBC 5 Dallas/Fortworth News

Jury selection begins Friday in the case of Brenda Delgado, the woman accused of orchestrating a 2015 plot to kill Dallas pediatric dentist Kendra Hatcher.

Delgado is charged with capital murder and faces a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Prosecutors allege Delgado hired a hit man, Kristopher Love, to rob and kill Hatcher in the parking lot of her Dallas apartment. Prosecutors described Delgado as being the jealous ex-girlfriend of Hatcher's boyfriend.

Delgado later fled to Mexico, before she was arrested and brought back in 2016. She spent a brief period of time on the FBI's Top 10 Most Wanted list.

Love is one of three people charged in connection with the murder. He was found guilty of capital murder and sentenced to death row in October 2018.

"He was a piece, he was a cog in the wheel," Love's defense attorney Paul Johnson said at Love's sentencing. "Kendra Hatcher was dead from the moment Brenda Delgado decided she was going to take her life."

If found guilty, Delgado will not face the death penalty as part of an extradition
    agreement.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ju...510656581.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Brenda Delgado Gets Life Without Parole for Dallas Dentist Murder

By Stephen Young
    Dallas Observer

A Dallas County took less than an hour Friday morning to convict Brenda Delgado of Dallas dentist Kendra Hatcher's 2015 murder. Delgado will spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole.

According to prosecutors, Delgado paid Kristopher Love and Crystal Cortes to kill Hatcher because she was jealous of Hatcher's relationship with Ricardo Paniagua, Delgado's ex-boyfriend.

With help from Cortes, the admitted getaway driver in the case, Love tracked Hatcher for weeks, eventually shooting her in the head as she walked through the parking garage of her Uptown apartment complex on Sept. 2, 2015. Love's defense team argued that he'd merely robbed Hatcher and that Cortes fired the fatal shots.

Soon after Hatcher's death, police began investigating whether Delgado had hired someone to kill the dentist.

Delgado's rage, according to police documents, boiled over when she learned that her ex-boyfriend had taken Hatcher to meet his parents in San Francisco, something he'd not done with Delgado. She lent Cortes a Jeep, police say, and Cortes drove Love to Hatcher's garage.

Cortes agreed last year to testify against Love and Delgado in exchange for a 35-year sentence. Love was convicted of killing Hatcher and sentenced to death in October.

During Delgado's trial, prosecutors said the characterization that Hatcher's murder was the result of a love triangle gone wrong was false, according to reporters in the courtroom.

"In a love triangle, those three individuals generally know each other. That beautiful soul, Kendra Hatcher, she didn't know this lady," Kevin Brooks, the lead prosecutor in the case said during closing arguments Friday. "The only person in a love triangle is (Delgado) and it's a love triangle she created."

Delgado's defense team attacked Cortes' credibility, telling the jury that she testified against Delgado to save herself from a potential life sentence.

"They didn't give her something for nothing," defense attorney George Milner said. "This is Crystal Cortes' backup plan."

Shortly after the jury reached its verdict, Hatcher's mother addressed Delgado from the witness stand.

“You, Brenda Delgado, have earned your spot, here on this earth behind cold, steel bars for the rest of your miserable, pathetic life,” Jameson said. “And if justice could have handed you a death sentence, make no mistake, I would have been there front and center.”

Delgado wasn't eligibility for the death penalty because she fled to Mexico before police arrested her and Mexico refused to extradite her to the United States if she faced a death sentence.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...urder-11682388
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Death sentence affirmed on direct appeal.

https://search.txcourts.gov/handdown...ate=04/14/2021
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Distributed for conference October 8, 2021.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/21-5050.html

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Edited/Related:

Dallas appeals court upholds conviction in murder-for-hire of Uptown dentist

Brenda Delgado, 39, was sentenced to life in prison in June 2019 for her role in the murder plot

By Hojun Choi
    The Dallas Morning News

The Fifth Court of Appeals in Dallas Thursday upheld the conviction of a woman sentenced to life in prison in the murder-for-hire of 35-year-old pediatric dentist.

Brenda Delgado, 39, was convicted in June 2019 in connection in the murder-for-hire of Kendra Hatcher, who was shot Sept. 2, 2015 in the parking garage of her Uptown apartment building. Delgado is not eligible for parole.

The appellate court on Thursday ruled that it did not find any reversible errors in connection to the 11 issues Delgado raised in her appeal.

Dallas County prosecutors said during the trial that Delgado hired two people to kill Hatcher out of jealousy in what authorities say was intended to look like a botched robbery. Hatcher was dating Delgado’s ex-boyfriend, Ricardo Paniagua. Delgado paid

Kristopher Love and Crystal Cortes to kill Hatcher while she waited in Carrollton, Dallas police said.

The gunman, Kristopher Love, receieved a death sentence. Crystal Cortes, the getaway driver, pleaded guilty and got 35 years in prison in exchange for testifying against Delgado and Love.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cour...ptown-dentist/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Distributed for conference December 3, 2021.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/21-5050.html

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    In today's order, the United States Supreme Court DENIED Love's petition for certiorari.

Docketed: July 9, 2021
    Lower Ct: Court of Criminal Appeals of Texas
    Case Numbers: (AP-77,085)
    Decision Date: April 14, 2021

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/...22zor_19m2.pdf

It was 6-3

No appeal for Texas death row inmate who murdered Uptown dentist

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/CNN) - The US Supreme Court on April 18 denied the appeal of Kristopher Love, a Black inmate on Texas death row who claimed that one of the jurors in his trial for murdering a dentist in Uptown Dallas was racially biased.

The ruling was 6-3 with the conservatives in the majority. Justice Sonia Sotomayor, joined by her liberal colleagues, Elena Kagan and Stephen Breyer, dissented from the court’s order.

“When racial bias infects a jury in a capital case, it deprives a defendant of his right to an impartial tribunal in a life-or-death context,” Sotomayor wrote.

The majority of the court did not explain its reasoning.

The dispute arose in 2015, when Brenda Delgado hired Love to kill her ex-boyfriend’s new girlfriend, Dr. Kendra Hatcher who was a popular pediatric dentist. Love was the gunman in a 3-person conspiracy to kill Hatcher. The plot came to light after officers arrested Crystal Cortes, who admitted to driving the getaway vehicle.

Love ultimately shot and killed Hatcher as she got out of her car in the parking garage at the Gables Park 17 high-rise apartment building. Love was convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death in 2018.

At trial, during jury selection, prospective juror Zachary Niesman, who is White, was asked on his jury questionnaire: “Do you sometimes personally harbor bias against members of certain races or ethnic groups.” He replied “No.” The next question asked, “Do you believe that some races and/or ethnic groups tend to be more violent than others.” Niesman replied, “Yes, statistics show more violent crimes are committed by certain races. I believe in statistics.”

The trial judge permitted both sides to further question Niesman. The prospective juror told Love’s counsel that the statistics he referred to were those he had seen in news reports and criminology classes. But he reiterated that they didn’t reflect his personal feelings. The defense challenged Niesman’s ability to be an unbiased juror, but the trial judge allowed him to serve.

On appeal, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals did not address Love’s federal claim that he was denied a constitutional right to an impartial jury.

Instead, the court said that even if it assumed that the trial court made an error, Love could not show that he was harmed under state law. The court explained in part that Love had already been provided two extra opportunities to strike jurors for cause earlier in the proceeding.

In court papers, Texas argued that the trial judge was correct to allow Niesman to serve because he was “not racially biased.”

“It is well-settled under Texas law, as well as this Court’s precedent, that the trial judge’s ruling is entitled to great deference because it is based on her assessment of Niesman’s demeanor and credibility” during the jury selection process, lawyers for the state argued. They said that the record reflects that the trial court “conducted a diligent and thoughtful” process that took approximately eight weeks.

Sotomayor said the appeals court decision was “plainly erroneous.”

“Over time, we have endeavored to cleanse our jury system of racial bias,” she wrote and said that the appeals court should have reviewed Love’s constitutional claim. “The task of reviewing the record to determine whether a juror was fair and impartial is challenging, but it must be undertaken, especially when a person’s life is on the line.”

https://www.kwtx.com/2022/04/18/no-a...ptown-dentist/
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information