Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brad Hunter Smith - Arkansas

Brad Hunter Smith - Arkansas

Brad Hunter Smith and Jonathan Guenther

2 men arrested for murder, kidnapping of missing Ark. woman

On December 3rd, Cherrish Allbright stepped outside of her Rison home to answer a phone call and never came back.

Now, authorities say, they know what happened.

Jonathan Guenther and Brad Hunter Smith, both 20, are accused of luring Allbright to a field, shooting her with a "crossbow", then beating her with a baseball bat. Guenther and Smith were arrested for capital murder, kidnapping, and abuse of a corpse.

According to the probable cause affidavit, Smith was "upset because Allbright was pregnant and was telling people the baby was his."

Monday, the Cleveland County Sheriff's Office announced they'd charged two men, 20 year old Jonathan Guenther and 20 year-old Brad Hunter Smith with Capital Murder in the disappearance of 22 year-old Cherrish Allbright.

"Somebody you've known your whole life could do something like that? I mean, it wasn't a stranger that did it. I don't feel safe at all. You don't know nobody anymore”, said Hannah Gay, Allbright’s step-cousin.

The woman was reported missing on December 7th. She was last seen at her Rodgers Road home on December 3rd.

"I just wanted to believe she had run off, but in the back of my mind, I knew something wasn't right because I knew she wouldn't disappear that long. I knew she wouldn't be gone that long without contacting her grandmother”, added long-time friend Christian Pottmeyer.

After an extensive search by deputies and the Arkansas State Police, Allbright's body was found Thursday in a wooded area near her home.

"I know she fought. I know she did. Cause she's a fighter. I know she fought for her life. I know she did”, Gay went on to say.

Friday, Guenther was charged with kidnapping, abuse of a corpse, and two counts of capital murder. Gay said that's because Allbright was six weeks pregnant.

"I know she wanted to make it better between them. And I know she probably left the house that night thinking that's what was going to happen. And it was a lie. All she wanted was for him to be part of that baby's life. I know”, said Gay.

"Are you talking about Hunter?"

"Yea."

Sunday, Smith was also charged. A third person was charged with hindering an arrest and posted a $200,000 dollar bond. We have no official confirmation on who that person is. The two men are being held at the Cleveland County Jail with no bond.

Those men will have their next court appearance on January 12.

An additional arrest was reportedly made of an individual for hindering arrest and apprehension. The unknown individual was released from custody after posting a $200,000 bond.

Allbright's body was turned over to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for autopsy, and the investigation is still open. Deputies said additional arrests are possible.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loca...oman/77297068/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

One More Arrest Possible From Murder

Crime Lab Report Will Determine Charges Concerning ‘Fetal Homicide’

RISON – After meeting with 13th Judicial District Prosecutor David Butler of Magnolia last week, Sheriff Jack Rodgers said he anticipates one more possible arrest in connection with the murder of Cherrish Faith Allbright of the Randall community.

Police found the body of Allbright, 22, on Dec. 10 in a grave dug inside wooded area about a mile off Rodgers Road West in northern Cleveland County. Allbright had been reported missing from her grandmother’s home on Rodgers Road West on the night of Dec. 3.

Two men from the Randall area, Jonathan Guenther, 20, and Brad Hunter Smith, 20, were arrested for their alleged involvement with Allbright’s death. They are being held in the Cleveland County Detention Center at Rison without bond.

The sheriff met with Butler last Monday, Dec. 21, in Rison to go over the case.

Rodgers said the investigation remains open, and that his department as well the Arkansas State Police Criminal Investigation Division are still finalizing their reports and statements related to the case that will be turned in to Butler. He said that information could play a role in an additional arrest.

Rodgers also noted that they are awaiting the final toxicological report from the State Crime Lab, which he said could play a role in what the final charges will be against Guenther and Smith.

http://www.clevelandcountyherald.com...e-from-murder/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Rison Teen Arrested in Murder Case

16-Year-Old Charged With Capital Murder; Will Be Prosecuted as an Adult

RISON – Joshua Alan Brown, 16, of Rison, became the third suspect to be arrested in connection with the murder of Cherris Faith Allbright, 22, of the Randall community, according to court records and the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Department Tuesday.

Even though Brown is a juvenile, Sheriff Jack Rodgers said he will be tried as an adult.

Brown is the third person to be arrested in the case. The other suspects are Jonathan Guenther, 20, and Brad Hunter Smith, 20, both of the Randall community.

All three are charged with one count of capital murder, kidnapping and abuse of a corpse. The capital murder and kidnapping charges are Class Y felonies while the abuse of a corpse is a Class C felony.

Capital murder carries a punishment of death or life in prison without parole. A Class Y felony is punishable by 10 to 40 to life in prison and a fine not to exceed $25,000. A Class C felony is punishable by three to 10 years in prison, and a fine not to exceed $10,000.

Brown, Guenther and Smith were appeared before Circuit Judge David Talley Tuesday morning at the Cleveland County Courthouse in Rison. Thirteenth Judicial Prosecutor David Butler, who is prosecuting the case, was present when the suspects appeared in court.

http://www.clevelandcountyherald.com...n-murder-case/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

October 26, 2016

Capital Murder Trial Set for January

RISON – The capital murder trial for Brad Hunter Smith, one of three suspects charged in the killing of 22-year-old expectant mother Cherrish Faith Allbright last December, is scheduled for Jan. 23-27, 2017, at the Cleveland County Courthouse in Rison, according to court documents.

Smith is one of three suspects charged with capital murder, kidnapping and abuse of corpse in connection to Allbright’s death.

Smith and Jonathan Guenther, both 20 at the time, were arrested shortly after the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Department discovered Allbright’s body buried in a wooded area about a mile off Rodgers Road West on the night of Dec. 10, 2015.

A third suspect, Joshua Alan Brown of Rison, 16 at the time, was also arrested in January 2016 and charged as an adult.

All three defendants are being held without bond. Smith is currently being housed at the Dallas County Jail in Fordyce while Guenther is in custody at the Cleveland County Jail in Rison. Brown is under house arrest, according to Cleveland County Sheriff Jack Rodgers.

Smith is the only defendant that will be going to trail in January, according to 13th Judicial District Prosecutor David Butler, who will be trying the case for the state. Butler said trials for the other two suspects will be scheduled after the Smith trial is completed.

http://www.clevelandcountyherald.com...t-for-january/
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Capital Murder Trial for Smith Set For July 24

Cleveland County Herald

RISON – The capital murder trial for Brad Hunter Smith of the Randall community, a suspect in the December 2015 murder of 22-year-old Cherris Faith Allbright, will begin as scheduled on Monday, July 24, in Rison, Cleveland County Circuit Clerk Jimmy Cummings confirmed Tuesday.

Smith is one of three suspects charged in Allbright’s death. The others are Jonathan Guenther of the Randall community and Joshua Brown of Rison. Their trials will be held at a later date.

All three are charged with capital murder, kidnapping and abuse of a corpse. The capital murder and kidnapping charges are Class “Y” felonies punishable by 10 to 40 years to life in prison, and a fine not to exceed $25,000. The death penalty is also applicable in capital murder cases.

Cummings said Circuit Judge David W. Talley heard and acted on the final motions in Smith’s case during court proceedings Tuesday at the Cleveland County Courthouse in Rison, thereby allowing the trial to move forward as scheduled. Smith is being represented by attorney Greg Robinson of Pine Bluff.

Cummings said Robinson acknowledged to Judge Talley Tuesday that his client had been offered a plea agreement by the prosecution, but his client declined the offer. The case is being prosecuted by 13th Judicial District Prosecutor David Butler with assistance from Cleveland County Deputy Prosecutor Tom Wynne.

Smith’s trail had been postponed two times previously due to motions filed by Robinson. The first trial was set for Jan. 23-27, but was rescheduled to March 27-31 after Robinson filed 30 motions in October 2016 asking the court for various changes in the case.

Additional proceedings pushed the March date back to the week of July 24.

http://www.clevelandcountyherald.com...t-for-july-24/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

dothecrimdothetime

Trial began July 23rd 2017

I live in Rison, Cleveland County. The trial started this week. There was one more person brought in on charges. Name is Joshua Brown once case is concluded I will update this thread! I figured ya'll would want to know updates and such!

13418628_1172649729476446_8690166696623946258_o.jpg

January 13, 2016

16-Year-Old Charged With Capital Murder; Will Be Prosecuted as an Adult

RISON – Joshua Alan Brown, 16, of Rison, became the third suspect to be arrested in connection with the murder of Cherris Faith Allbright, 22, of the Randall community, according to court records and the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Department Tuesday.

Even though Brown is a juvenile, Sheriff Jack Rodgers said he will be tried as an adult.

Brown is the third person to be arrested in the case. The other suspects are Jonathan Guenther, 20, and Brad Hunter Smith, 20, both of the Randall community.

All three are charged with one count of capital murder, kidnapping and abuse of a corpse. The capital murder and kidnapping charges are Class Y felonies while the abuse of a corpse is a Class C felony.

Capital murder carries a punishment of death or life in prison without parole. A Class Y felony is punishable by 10 to 40 to life in prison and a fine not to exceed $25,000. A Class C felony is punishable by three to 10 years in prison, and a fine not to exceed $10,000.

Brown, Guenther and Smith were appeared before Circuit Judge David Talley Tuesday morning at the Cleveland County Courthouse in Rison. Thirteenth Judicial Prosecutor David Butler, who is prosecuting the case, was present when the suspects appeared in court.

To read the full article, see the Jan. 13, 2016 print or e-Herald edition of The Herald.

chstigergyrl05
    Cleveland County man sentenced to death for the 2015 killing of Cherrish Allbright

Cleveland County (KATV) — One of the men accused of killing a Cleveland County pregnant woman has been sentenced to death.

Brad Hunter Smith was sentenced to death Friday after being found guilty on capital murder, kidnapping and abuse of a corpse in the 2015 death of Cherrish Faith Allbright.

Allbright who was pregnant at the time was reported missing on December 7, 2015 and was found dead a few days later in the Randall community.

20-year-old Jonathan Guenther was also arrested for capital murder, kidnapping and abuse of corpse.

http://katv.com/news/local/cleveland...rish-allbright

Smith entered Arkansas death row on July 28, 2017.

http://adc.arkansas.gov/death-row

Prosecutor Dies, Fate of Murder Suspects in Limbo

RISON – The fate of two suspects charged in the 2015 murder of Cherris Faith Allbright is currently in limbo after 13th Judicial District Prosecutor David Butler of Magnolia died Sunday, Aug. 13, from a suspected heart attack.

Butler, 63, was the lead prosecutor in the capital murder trial of Brad Hunter Smith, who was found guilty of capital murder, kidnapping and abuse of a corpse. Smith received the death penalty for capital murder, the first death sentence handed down in Cleveland County in 74 years.

Smith was one of three people charged in Allbright’s death. The other two, Jonathan Geunther of the Randall community and Josh Brown of Rison, both testified about their roles in the murder during Smith’s trial last month. Butler said in an interview before his death that they were scheduled to go to trial on Sept. 12.

During that interview, Butler hinted that there might be a plea agreement in the works for both Geunther and Brown.“There’s a good chance and I feel confident that we can successfully resolve this case,” Butler said.

The prosecution team that tried Smith consisted of Butler, District Deputy Prosecutor Greg Thomas of El Dorado and Cleveland County Deputy Prosecutor Tom Wynne of Fordyce.

Wynne said Monday that Butler’s death will have a impact on what happens next for the other two suspects. As the lead prosecutor in the case, Wynne said Butler would have been the person responsible for any plea agreements that may have been in the works on behalf of the state. Due to that fact, Wynne predicted that the Sept. 12 court date for Geunther and Brown could be delayed.

http://www.clevelandcountyherald.com...ects-in-limbo/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

dothecrimdothetime

Trial is done for all 3 men

August 2, 2017

Co-Defendants Take Stand

RISON – The climax of last week’s capital murder trial came Thursday, July 27, when all three co-defendants took the stand to testify about the events that led to the death of 22-year-old Cherrish Faith Allbright on the night of Dec. 3, 2015.

The defendant being tried, Brad Hunter Smith, 21, of the Randall community, was the last to testify that day. Jonathan Guenther, 21, of Randall, and Josh Brown, 18, of Rison, went to the witness stand beforehand.

All three are charged in the killing of Allbright, who was pregnant at the time of her death.

Smith maintained his innocence while on the stand while Guenther and Brown both gave testimony that described Smith as being the ringleader “to get rid of Allbright.”

Guenther and Brown both said they helped Smith dig a hole in the woods off Rodgers Road West on the night Dec. 2 in preparation for carrying out the plan the next night on Dec. 3.

According to testimony at the trial, Allbright was lured into the woods, shot with a crossbow and was then hit twice in the head with a wooden bat. The medical examiner from the State Crime Lab ruled that the blows to the head were the cause of death.

http://www.clevelandcountyherald.com...ts-take-stand/

October 11, 2017

Guenther, Brown Have Murder Charges Reduced to First Degree

RISON – Jonathan Guenther, 21, of the Randall community, and Joshua Brown, 18, of Rison, received reduced murder charges Tuesday in a plea agreement concerning the December 2015 death of Cherrish Faith Allbright in northern Cleveland County.

Guenther and Brown, along with Brad Hunter Smith, also of the Randall community, were all charged with capital murder, kidnapping and abuse of a corpse within days after Allbright’s body was found on Dec. 10, 2015, buried in a wooded area about a mile off Rodgers Road West near the Randall community.

Guenther and Smith were 20 years old when the murder occurred while Brown was 16. Brown was charged as an adult.
    Allbright was 22 at the time of her death.

Smith, now 21, was convicted on all three counts and received the death penalty from a Cleveland County jury on July 28 following a week-long trial at the Cleveland County Courthouse in Rison.

Guenther and Brown both entered pleas Tuesday before Circuit Judge David Talley at the courthouse in Rison. Both of their murder charges where reduced from capital murder to first degree murder. The death penalty is only applicable to a capital murder charge. The maximum sentence for first degree murder, a Class Y felony, is 10 to 40 years to life in prison.

http://www.clevelandcountyherald.com...bright-murder/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information