Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Nathan James, Jr. - Alabama Execution - July 28, 2022

On June 23, 2020, the Eleventh Circuit DENIED James' petition for en banc rehearing.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....ic/20-708.html

Final petition for writ of certiorari filed November 18, 2020.

Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Final appeal distributed for conference February 26, 2021

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Petition for certiorari denied.

Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
    Case Numbers: (17-11855)
    Decision Date: April 28, 2020
    Rehearing Denied: June 23, 2020

Appeals exhausted, execution date imminent.

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Now Alabama has 14 ready to go.

Is this guy at Holman or Donaldson?
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Holman

Alabama set to execute man 3 days after his 50th birthday

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The state of Alabama has set an execution date for Joe Nathan James, Jr., a 49-year-old man, for the 1994 murder of a woman in Birmingham.

On Friday, the Alabama Supreme Court issued a death warrant for James, setting his execution for July 28, just three days after the his 50th birthday, according to Leale McCall with the court clerk’s office. If his execution proceeds, James will be the first person executed in Alabama in 2022.

According to records, James has represented himself in recent court filings. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that individuals have the right to represent themselves in court, but such a move is rare, especially in death penalty cases. The court’s decision to set an execution date for James comes as Alabama moves closer to finalizing a protocol for execution by nitrogen suffocation, a method approved by the state legislature in 2018 as access to lethal injection drugs becomes more difficult. James was convicted for the murder of Faith Hall in Birmingham in 1999. Court records show James had previously been in a relationship with Hall. On the day of her murder, James accused Hall of infidelity, forced himself into an apartment where she was, and shot her twice with a pistol, killing her.

James’ first conviction was overturned by the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals, which ruled that inadmissible hearsay evidence had been introduced in his trial. James was tried again and was convicted and sentenced, once more, to death.

Alabama Department of Corrections records show that James has now served 24 years, six months, and 27 days for his crime as of June 13.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-birthday/amp/
    Last edited by Neil; 06-13-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Apparently Matthew Reeves doesn't exist...
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    On Friday, the Alabama Supreme Court issued a death warrant for James, setting his execution for July 28, just three days after the his 50th birthday, according to Leale McCall with the court clerk’s office. If his execution proceeds, James will be the first person executed in Alabama in 2022.
    I find it pretty interesting that they made light of the proximity of his birthday to his execution date. It seems hit or miss as to whether or not the media decides to pick up on this; for example when Travis Runnels was executed less than a week before his 47th birthday in December 2019, I don’t remember the press making light of it at all.
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information