Thread: Intellectual Disability and the Death Penalty

QueenBee13

Talking Intellectual Disability and the Death Penalty

Dear Participant:

My name is Camille Malcherczyk and I am a Doctoral level graduate student at the California School of Forensic Studies at Alliant International University. I am conducting a research study for my doctoral dissertation and I would really appreciate your participation. My study proposes to assess the self-reported understanding and relationship of intellectual disability in the context of death penalty cases. This is an anonymous survey and you will not be asked to report any personally identifying information. The survey material will take around 15 minutes to complete. Participation in this study is completely voluntary, and there will be no negative consequences should you decide to not participate or to withdraw at any point.

To be a part of this study, you must be over the age of 18 and you must be eligible to serve as a US juror. You must also be able to understand and read English fluently as all the materials will be in English. If you do not meet these criteria, you cannot take part in this study.

Your willingness to participate will be implied by your completion of the survey materials. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, Camille Malcherczyk, M.A. (CMalcherczyk@alliant.edu), or my dissertation chair, Tamar Kenworthy, Psy.D (TKenworthy@alliant.edu).

This study has been reviewed and approved by the IRB of Alliant International University.

Thank you for your help
    Camille Malcherczyk, M.A.
    Alliant International University, Los Angeles
    California School of Forensic Studies
    CMalcherczyk@alliant.edu

Follow this link to the Survey:
    https://alliant.qualtrics.com/jfe/fo...KnrA6ogYCLPheR - Copy and paste this link

https://alliant.qualtrics.com/jfe/fo...KnrA6ogYCLPheR
    Last edited by QueenBee13; 10-30-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Senior Member Member
    I clicked on the link and it said it was a dead link.

QueenBee13
    Hey, thanks for letting me know. Not quite sure what happened but it should be working now.

Thank you

QueenBee13
    Hi All, still looking for more participants...I'm getting closer to my target of 254...only 130 left to get. Please take part in my survey, it only takes 10-15minutes and will help further research in psychology. It's completely anonymous and has been approved by IRB.

I see there is alot of cases with the intellectual is exempt from being executed across many US States. Intellectual disability can happen from the time many inmates have spent many years even decades sitting on death row awaiting execution. As i'm from the UK, we do not have the death penalty. As i have been a pro-dp member on this site for many years, there have been many cases where intellectual has been brought up in states like Texas. Marvin Wilson in 2012 who was put to death and this past week Bobby Moore was a highlight in the United States Supreme Court. I hope you finds what you need whilst studying

QueenBee13
    Hi Ryan, I'm from the UK also and took an interest in the death penalty as we do not have it anymore. Thank you for sharing. Only 30 participants off my total now. Hopefully I will have some interesting data to analyze.

pro pro
    It all depends on how functional the person is. If the condemned has something like aspergers or high functioning autism I see no reason why they should be exempt from execution.

Alabama, Georgia and Texas have a list beyond imaginable. I hope you get to know all the information necessary, it is real especially on death row.

Thread Information