Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State Supreme Courts

what vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Simmer down Darlin' Strong DP states have the vote of the citizens. It will never be abolished. All state Supreme Courts are not appointed by said Governor ex.. KANSAS
    KANSAS. executions in that state are hundreds of times less likely than a tornado picking up my house.

LOL RIGHT! in 2016 they ad the op to vote 4 off the SC, they did not. Dave let's coke and joke on this on Tuesday.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

I have to check but I thought several had to retire at age 70.

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    The primaries in Washington State did not look good for the GOP and Inslee said he will keep trying. If they loose what they're now projected to that's sure to send the repeal bill to Inslee's desk next year.

Colorado too.

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I hope to see that WV evolve back into a DP state. What does the governor or the WV Supreme Court have to do to, to bring back the death penalty in a reformed unanimous judicial vote? Assuming the Senate Committee would approve of such a move, it could be years for a bill to come to fruition.
    West Virginia is one of the poorest states in the country and evidently has problems with political corruption. To bring back the DP would cost millions of taxpayer dollars, for what may result in an execution or two, decades from now (if the DP isn't ruled unconstitutional by then). Bringing back the death penalty would in no way, shape or form benefit the citizens of West Virginia, or any non-DP state for that matter.

Republican Ron DeSantis will be sworn in as Florida governor today just hours before 3 of the 4 liberal FL Supreme Court justices must retire due to reaching mandatory retirement age, letting DeSantis flip the court to 6-1 conservative.

https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Supreme Court Justice Roger Page announces plan to retire

Former chief justice will leave the bench next year

By Stephen Elliott
    The News

Tennessee Supreme Court Justice Roger Page on Monday announced plans to retire on Aug. 31, 2024.

Page was first appointed to the bench in 2016 by then-Gov. Bill Haslam and was chief justice from 2021 until earlier this year.

Haslam also appointed Page to the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals in 2011. In addition, Page served as a trial court judge in his native West Tennessee.

Formerly a pharmacist, Page later graduated from law school at the University of Memphis.

"I have been a pharmacist, an attorney and a judge," Page said in a release. "If I hurry, I might have time for one more career."

Gov. Bill Lee will have the opportunity to nominate a successor. Upon confirmation, the new justice will mean Lee has appointed three of the five members of the Tennessee Supreme Court.

https://www.thenewstn.com/news/supre...3970a1798.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information