Thread: More serial killers than you can imagine

Catsratz

More serial killers than you can imagine

There are supposed to be something like 20 serial killers roaming across the U.S. at any given time...

I've been reading True Crime since the 1980's and have had Internet since 1999, but am blown away by all the serial killers, I mean bad ones, that keep turning up. Never heard their names before.

Recently I got a book about Marcus Wesson - never had heard of him - who killed 9 of his own children. And he was quite a character. Dreadlocks to nearly his knees and sought to make his many children (14?), fathered mainly with his daughters and nieces, into vampire-christians. When in jail there were many witnesses as to Wesson masturbating, often, and rubbing the ejaculate into his hair. If this wasn't newsworthy, what is? He does have a page on Wikipedia.

At the same time, the Scott Peterson case was all over the news, easy recognizable. I wonder if the media is scared to touch cases like Wesson's due to his race. And his extreme religiosity. The media will make a great stink over nothing to get a story out there, but in this recent case (2004) even the name was unrecognizable until I got the book from the True Crime listing in my library system online.

It's scary, people. It's even worse than you can imagine.

There's tens of thousands of murderers running around this country right want proof? Just look at Chicago. There were over 750 murders in that city this year. 18% of those murders were solved. And their clearance rate is going down every year. So there's thousands of murderers running around Chicago alone. And we don't know how many people criminals actually kill. Take for instance Bryan Eric Wolfe he was executed by Texas in 2005 for a 1992 murder. It turns out that through DNA evidence he also murdered a person in Louisiana in 1989. So its not a shocker that's there's potentially 20 serial killers running around the US right now.

Chicago's Crime http://heyjackass.com/category/2016-stats/
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Catsratz
    I used to live in Oceanside, CA in the 1980s right after the time it was declared to be in the Top 10 crime spots of the US -
    though no one had heard of it.

Maybe one reason these serial killers are not noticed (I don't recall one there, but there sure were a lot of bozos) is because so many of them look so mild mannered. Take Eric Frein, who lived in the county next to me now, in PA. So it was of special interest when he was on the loose for over a month, especially because I live surrounded by woods. Killed one cop and seriously wounded another. At his arraignment he looked like some kind of innocent college professor. Can't see why photos taken at the time of arrest should be inadmissible into evidence. Trial still not held over two years later for some unfathomable reason(s). What a sight one day in this rural area: Cops had put someone up in a hot-air balloon to look for him.
    (Saw later in the news from looking deep that's what it was.)

Thread Information