Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Jenny - unfortunately from Pennsylvania

Catsratz

Smile I'm Jenny - unfortunately from Pennsylvania

I'm new here; so new that I just began posting today.

As an old dawg of 66 who's been reading since age two (comic books) and having lived on both East and West coasts and in-between, moving about 60 times in my life and having lived around so many different people, I'd like to state my feelings on this subject. Because they seem rather unique. I'm neither Liberal nor Conservative: when I took the quizzes before the recent election I came out "Centrist" - a term I'd never even heard before. No party I know of incorporates my ideas of criminal justice. And though female, I prefer to view things objectively rather than emotionally, and I guess you could say I'm a pretty deep thinker.

I'm very sorry, really I am, for the violent criminals and the pervs who have had a horrible childhood and "act out" due to it. Think about how weird it is that so many prostitutes were victims of sexual abuse; you'd think they'd go the exact opposite way. But things sink into the brain and become activated with a pull one towards it when one wishes it or not. SO. I think it's better, in cases of homicide, if torture/kidnapping is involved, to pretty much automatically institute the death penalty. It has to stop somewhere. And I think psychological defenses should be thrown out the window. Psychology is inexact at best, and in every major trial there's always one who always testifies for the defense and one who always testifies pro-prosecution. After all the time and money wasted - and maybe the innocent is shown as guilty and vice versa - no one seems to realize what a farce it is. And, isn't a mentally unstable person, even when "cured" more likely to again become mentally unstable and harm society again? They get off while others fry.

At the same time, I deplore the incarceration of so many convicted of victim-less crimes currently incarcerated. The number is astounding, and not only is it unfair, it removes the focus from the really bad guys. By one estimate, if the trend keeps up, 1-in-6 will be in the slammer by the year 2020.

One of my beliefs might be actually to the right of Hitler. I'd like to see a test developed - only if it can be proven accurate - to determine sociopathy/psychopathy. Give anyone who fails it a painless injection. And only after intensive review.

And if someone kills their abuser after years of abuse, they are brought to trial like a criminal, when if this country gets mad at another and invades, the more people you kill who have never done harm to you makes you a hero.

And if someone hangs themselves in jail or prison, just let the person go. Revive them just to kill them?!

I'd also like to see the death penalty, if it occurs, implemented quickly for everyone's sake. Anti-death-penalty activists cite one reason against it because it takes so long and costs so much. But there's no need for that. The Russians give them a shot in the head pretty damn quick.

Nice board, and thank you for letting me have my say. It is really refreshing.

Catsratz
    Hate this big, cold, stupid state. Born and lived a lot New York but now even that area (10 miles away) has gone to the yuppies. And the hill-bills, who used to be fun, have turned decidedly mean.

Um, wishing I had seen this thread before I began posting, but I guess it's still All Good...

I was born April 27, 1950 in Flushing New York. I'm pro-death penalty though not conservative. (Nor, a liberal.) I live by myself with 4 marvelous pet rats in a wooded, country setting. Retired now, not from any specific occupation, but a plethora of them. Everything from egg-packing to high-school secretary.

I became interested in criminal justice/crime around the 1980s through my reading. One of my first books was The Basement by Kate Millett, a book which I've never forgotten, about the torture-killing of Sylvia Likens in Indiana in 1965. Have read dozens - hundreds? more since about True Crime. Also biography, medicine, good historical fiction - anything that seems snappy. Currently reading about Rasputin. He has a bad rep though not a criminal. Did you know he died 100 years ago in this same year on December 30? Or possibly December 16/17. (The Russians used a different calendar at that time.)

I really like this board and hope to make a go of it. Have not had a close friend or email buddy in years. I have a lot to tell - and a lot to learn. Thank you, Heidi and everyone!

ProDP
    Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site Jenny.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Welcome aboard!

Welcome! Join us for what should be a nice rise in executions in 2017
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Welcome to the site. Pennsylvania isn't all that bad.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    Welcome to the site.

I had the pleasure a long time ago to train National Guardsmen and Reservist in a small town called Fort Indian Town Gap Pa. It's located close to Lebanon and Annville Pa. Beautiful country if I ever hit the lottery will build me a cabin there.

Catsratz
    Thank you everyone, so much! I really got going the other day so it may take a while to get up some steam again

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    Hi Jenny welcome to the site you will find we are a fun lively group of people who love to see justice served.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information