Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Parole for Murderers

Do me a favour Mike. Don't comment on battered wife syndrome. Unless you've lived it, and as man you haven't a clue, just be quiet.

Saying a spouse can leave but won't is so stupid and ignorant.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

My mother divorced my father because he would go into violent drunken rages. She left him after seven years of it, she has the same exact stance as me on it.

Victim blaming. Nice.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Let's not get personal here guys.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

I criticized his words, not him personally.

I stand by what I said. Every single word.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

As far as an abused spouse goes, I believe there's too much of a cooling off period for it to be voluntary manslaughter. That being said, it is a mitigating factor. I highly doubt a jury would unanimously vote for the death penalty in such a case.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Whatever..sigh..

Go watch "The Burning Bed" with Farrah Fawcett and then tell me that some men don't deserve to get offed for their evil, abusive ways.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Oh some men (and women) absolutely do. But that doesn't allow for vigilante justice. Many people share these sentiments, but the code of law must reign supreme. No matter how vile someone is, the law doesn't justify taking matters into one's hands unless defending against mortal danger. At the end of the day it's a case by case basis and nobody will get the harshest possible punishment with such circumstances.

Yes that is the point every situation is different. Granted some women lie about abuse when there is no evidence, but there are enough cases where women are doing LWOP and there was evidence of prolonged systematic abuse.

There is a girl in prison for life who murdered her abuser. She was a victim of sex trafficking and was sold to a man at the age of 16. When she killed him and escaped she stole money or his car, thats why she was convicted of 1st degree murder.

Its ludicrous how a child who was sold as a sex slave is doing life in prison.

http://wgntv.com/2017/11/22/sex-traf...ho-bought-her/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Except that case isn't as clear cut and horrible as implied. There is another side to that, and it's quite murky.

Prosecutors say Brown killed Johnny Allen, 43, in order to steal from him — she took several firearms and his pants, which contained his wallet. They also pointed to her past drug use and criminal juvenile record in an attempt to show a pattern in her life.

Allen was found dead in a pool of blood in his bed. Authorities say he was face down and had his hands under his head, as though he was sleeping when he was shot in the back of the head, court documents show.

Brown told Nashville police officers Allen picked her up at a Sonic Drive-In and took her back to his home and they got into his bed. He started touching her under the covers and Brown told police she thought he was reaching for a gun, so she pulled out a .40-caliber handgun from her purse and shot him in the head, court documents show.

Initially, she denied she was a prostitute and that they'd had sex.

Authorities say Brown then took money out of Allen's wallet, took two of his guns then stolen his pickup truck and drove to a Walmart parking lot. She had someone else pick her up but was later arrested.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsw...718766%3famp=1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information