Thread: Brandon Rapier Sentenced to 2 Life Sentences in 2016 MO Murder of Ciera Kolb and Micah Hall

Brandon Rapier Sentenced to 2 Life Sentences in 2016 MO Murder of Ciera Kolb and Micah Hall

Ciera Kolb and Micah Hall

Cole County prosecutor to seek death penalty in Jefferson City double homicide case

By Dan Claxton
    KRCG News

JEFFERSON CITY — Prosecutors announced they will seek the death penalty for a man accused of stabbing two people to death in November.

They filed documents Friday, seeking the death penalty for Brandon Rapier, 27, of Jefferson City, who allegedly killed Ciera Kolb, 27, of Cole County, and Micah Hall, 27, of Jefferson City. At the time, both victims had orders of protection in effect against Rapier, one of many aggravating circumstances the Cole County Prosecutor's office cited in seeking death for Rapier.

Officers were called to the 100 block of Grant Street after an assault was reported in the area at around 7:30 p.m. November 9. When officers arrived, they found Kolb and Hall suffering from injuries inflicted by a sharp object. Both needed medical attention, but later died from their injuries.

While an active search was on for Rapier the following day, he was seen coming out of the woods in the lower parking lot area of Riverside Park suffering from previously-inflicted wounds that required medical attention.

Assistant Prosecutor Aaron Maness, in his court filing, cited several aggravating circumstances which led the office to seek the death penalty, including the fact that Rapier had prior convictions for serious assaults, and that the murders were outrageously wanton and vile in that it involved torture or depravity of mind. He also cited the fact that Rapier was on parole at the time of the murders, and at least one of the victims was a potential witness in a past or pending investigation.

Rapier has a plea hearing set for May 16 in Cole County Circuit Court.

http://krcgtv.com/news/local/death-p...ght-for-rapier
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Jury trial set for Cole County man accused of killing ex girlfriend and her boyfriend

By Marie Bowman
    ABC17News.com

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Brandon Rapier, a man accused of killing his ex girlfriend and her boyfriend in 2016, has a jury trial on March 11, 2019.

The victims were Ciera Kolb, a 27-year-old Cole County female and Micah Hall, a 27 year-old Jefferson City male.

Police said they responded to the 100 block of Grant Street
    at 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 9, 2016 for an assault. When they arrived, they found Rapier's ex girlfriend and her boyfriend with serious wounds. They both died from their injuries.

Court documents show Rapier posted to Facebook nearly twelve hours before the stabbing happened.
    ABC 17 News looked into the several Facebook posts from Rapier, which stated the following:

"I will have it no other way. I am judge, jury, and my favorite, executioner."

"Never wanted to put anyone down so much in my life. Welcome to degradation."

"If you caught your friend that you would betray in bed with your x that you loved to absolute death... How would you react? What would you do?"

A motion hearing will take place on Feb. 8, 2018. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

http://www.abc17news.com/news/crime/...iend/631436274
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Trial set for 2020 in Jefferson City double murder case

By Jefferson City News Tribune

The trial for a Jefferson City man charged in a double fatal stabbing in November 2016 will take place next year.

During a Tuesday hearing before Cole County Presiding Judge Pat Joyce, the trial for Brandon Rapier, 29, was set to start Sept. 21, 2020.

A jury from Clay County, near Kansas City, will hear the case.

Rapier is charged with fatally stabbing Micah Hall and Ciera Kolb, both 27, after posting a comment on his Facebook page complaining about a "betrayal" involving his ex and a friend of his, according to allegations in a probable cause statement filed in Cole County Circuit Court.

Two counts of first-degree murder were filed against Rapier just before he was captured at Ellis-Porter Riverside Park in Jefferson City. Police said he had previously been involved in a romantic relationship with Kolb.

Detectives located Rapier coming out of the woods in the lower parking lot of Riverside Park. He appeared to be suffering from previously inflicted wounds that required medical attention.

http://www.newstribune.com/news/loca...r-case/779695/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Man accused of double homicide faces new charges

Grand jury indicts man on three additional counts

By Matt Ragsdale
    ABC 17 News

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - A man accused of a 2016 double homicide faces new charges linked to the original case.

A grand jury indicted Brandon Rapier on two counts of armed criminal action and one count of aggravated stalking. He already faces two counts of first-degree murder.

Cole County Prosecuting Attorney Locke Thompson filed a superseding indictment to review the new charges against Rapier. The grand jury indicted Rapier on Tuesday.

According to Thompson, the new charges should have been filed originally.

"In my review of the case, I felt that there were some counts that should have been filed in the first place," Thompson said.

Rapier is accused of stabbing his ex-girlfriend, Ciera Kolb, and another man, Micah Hall to death.

Court documents filed this week show Rapier emailed Kolb from a falsely named email account when he was court-ordered not to speak with her. Prosecutors allege Rapier threatened his ex in the emails and even spoke directly to Kolb. The documents say he was ordered not to speak with Kolb as part of a protection order she was granted against Rapier.

https://www.abc17news.com/news/crime...ges/1112369835

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Man accused of double homicide files to have separate trials

By Matt Ragsdale
    ABC 17 News

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMIZ) - Attorneys for a Jefferson City man accused of a 2016 double homicide filed on Monday to have separate trials in the case.

Brandon Rapier faces two counts of first-degree murder accused in the deaths of Ciera Kolb and Micah Hall.

In 2019, Cole County Prosecuting Attorney Locke Thompson filed new charges in the case, including a count of aggravated stalking. Rapier's attorneys filed to have the stalking charge severed from the other charges.

Rapier's attorneys say keeping the charges together would violate their client's rights. The attorneys allege in the court documents that the supposed crimes committed before the killings do not relate to the murder charges.

Court documents say the aggravated stalking charge was allegedly committed in 2014, two years before Rapier allegedly committed the killings. The court will decide whether to sever the charges.

Thompson filed the felony stalking charge based on alleged communication between Rapier and Kolb, his ex-girlfriend. Rapier allegedly emailed his Kolb under a fake name and threatened to kill her while he was court-ordered not to speak with her.

Online court documents don't show a court date has not been set.

https://abc17news.com/news/crime/202...parate-trials/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Edited:

Jefferson City man pleads guilty to fatally stabbing man and woman in 2016

By Megan Smaltz
    KRCG TV

COLUMBIA — A Jefferson City man who fatally stabbed two people in 2016, pleaded guilty today in exchange for the court's withdrawal of intent to seek the death penalty and dismissal of an aggravated stalking charge.

The State announced Wednesday that it dismissed Rapier's charge of felony aggravated stalking and withdrew its intent to seek the death penalty upon a guilty plea to two counts of felony first-degree murder and two counts of felony armed criminal action.

Rapier has been given two life imprisonment sentences for the two murder charges. These sentences will run one after another.

He has also been sentenced 15 years in prison for the first charge of armed criminal action and 15 more years for the second charge of armed criminal action. The first 15 year sentence will run concurrently with the first life imprisonment sentence. The second 15-year sentence will run concurrently with the second life imprisonment sentence.

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/jeffer...-woman-in-2016

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information