Thread: Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Byron McBride in 2017 MS Abduction and Murder of 6-Year-Old Kingston Frazier

Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Byron McBride in 2017 MS Abduction and Murder of 6-Year-Old Kingston Frazier

Kingston Frazier

Byron McBride, D'Allen Washington and Dwan Wakefield

Three suspects charged with capital murder; no bond given

By Morgan Howard, Mary Grace Eppes and Waverley McCarthy
    MS News Now

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) - All three suspects in custody for the kidnapping and shooting death of 6-year-old Kingston Frazier have been charged with capital murder. No bond was given.
    19-year-old Byron McBride, 18-year-old DeAllen Washington and 18-year-old Dwan Diondro Wakefield have all been arrested in the slaying of the child.

A news conference was held on Thursday evening in which Hinds County Sheriff Victor Mason revealed that a deputy was dispatched to the Kroger on I-55 North in Jackson after a witness reported a woman came out of the store reporting that her car was missing. That deputy drew up a case number for auto theft.

Sheriff Mason says at that point they did not receive information that a child was in the car and missing. When that information was revealed, deputies then contacted Mississippi Highway Patrol and then the Jackson Police Department.

JPD Commander Tyree Jones says that officers then responded to the scene of the auto theft and kidnapping and were able to obtain information on the vehicles involved in the case.

A witness contacted police and was able to provide information about the last person seen driving the silver Honda Civic, used by the suspects. Police were able to get a positive identity of the driver, who they confirm is one of the three under arrest.

It was at that point that MBI issued the Amber Alert and were able to begin assisting in the investigation.

Madison County Sheriff Randy Tucker and Madison and Rankin counties District Attorney Michael Guest say that all three suspects in custody for the death have been charged with capital murder. It's possible that through the course of the investigation charges could be changed or modified. All three were given no bond.

McBride was taken into custody by U.S. Marshals in Ridgeland and Washington was taken into custody on Thursday afternoon by Hinds County Sheriff's Deputies.

Wakefield, of Ridgeland, was taken into custody on Holmes Avenue in Jackson just before 11 a.m.. We've confirmed that Wakefield attends Ridgeland High School where he played quarterback on the football team.
    Little Kingston Frazier was last seen Thursday morning at about 1:15 in the parking lot of the Kroger before he was allegedly kidnapped.

According to the Hinds County Sheriff's office, his mom, Ebony Archie, arrived at Kroger in her Toyota Camry and ran inside the store for a few minutes. She allegedly left her car running and her son inside the car.

Within a short time, authorities say two subjects in a Honda Civic pulled up to Archie's car. The passenger of the Honda, a 6 foot tall black male, got out of his car and jumped in Archie's car with the child inside. Both cars sped away.

Police found Frazier dead of a single gunshot wound in the backseat of the stolen Toyota Camry in Gluckstadt sometime before 10 a.m..

The stolen car was found on Gluckstadt Road at a dead end behind the ABC warehouse. It has been taken to the State Crime Lab, along with the body of the little boy who has been taken there for autopsy.

A multi jurisdictional investigation is underway involving Jackson Police Department, Hinds County Sheriff's Office, Mississippi Highway Patrol, Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and Madison County Sheriff's Office. All agencies are working collectively on this case.

Little Kingston Frazier was supposed to graduate from kindergarten today from North Jackson Elementary School.

"Kingston was one of our kindergarten scholars," said North Jackson Elementary School's Principal, Kimberly Smith. "He was a very fun-loving child. He was everybody's baby. He was a sweet child to be around. He was Kingston."

"He didn't get to see the rest of his young life developed," said Koretta Collins, who has an 8-year-old at North Jackson Elementary.

Tonya Harden says her daughter was friends with Kingston.

"She's heartbroken, I'm gonna have to really talk to her," sighed Harden. "I think it's going to make me hug my baby and my grandkids a little bit tighter."

The graduation ceremony went on as scheduled, but was far more bitter than sweet. Especially, says Principal Smith, for Kingston's mother.

"I cannot imagine how she feels right now," said Principal Smith. "I can't imagine."

JPS says they will be offering grief counseling for students and staff at the school

And for Kingston Frazier's parents, Principal Smith said, "Whatever North Jackson can do for the family, we will be there. All she has to do is let us know - she doesn't even have to ask, Just let us know, and we're there."

Principal Smith says the school is not going to discuss details of the crime with students - that's up to parents to decide how they want to handle that task.
    JPS released this statement today:

“The Jackson Public School District is deeply saddened by the tragic death of North Jackson Elementary scholar, Kingston Frazier. He was beloved by his classmates and teachers and will surely be missed. The District is providing grief counselors to the students and staff of the school. We ask all citizens to keep the Frazier family in their thoughts and prayers.”

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/35458...-of-6-year-old
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

“There are some people who just do not deserve to live,”
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

1st Court Appearance for 3 Teens in Shooting Death of Boy, 6

Three Mississippi teenagers accused of killing a 6-year-old boy are scheduled to make their first court appearances Monday morning

US News & World Report

CANTON, Miss. (AP) — Three Mississippi teenagers charged with capital murder in the shooting death of a 6-year-old boy are expected to make initial court appearances.

Nineteen-year-old Byron McBride and 17-year-olds Dwan Wakefield and D'Allen Washington were arrested in the shooting death of Kingston Frazier. Authorities say Frazier was found dead in his mother's car Thursday, hours after the vehicle was stolen from outside a Jackson supermarket with the child inside.

A judge is expected to decide Monday whether to set bail and also will appoint lawyers to any of the three who lack one.

A special investigator's sworn statement obtained by The Associated Press says Wakefield told police that McBride stole the car and killed Frazier. Though all three are charged with capital murder, only McBride could face the death penalty, authorities say.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...death-of-boy-6

"I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

Teens given no bond, charged with capital murder in kidnapping, death of 6-year-old

By Morgan Howard
    Mississippi News Now

JACKSON, MS - The three suspects arrested for the kidnapping and murder of 6-year-old Kingston Frazier faced court Monday morning.

19-year-old Byron McBride, 17-year-old DeAllen Washington and 17-year-old Dwan Diondro Wakefield were arrested and charged with capital murder in the slaying of the child on Thursday.

All three have been denied bond and charged with capital murder.

Byron McBride is facing life in jail and the death penalty because he is 19-years-old. Law enforcement says he is the one who pulled the trigger killing Kingston.

The other two teenagers are minors and are not eligible for the death penalty prosecution.

DA Michael Guest says multiple charges will be filed against all three teenagers.

He adds that there is no evidence Kingston's mom Ebony had anything to do with the crime and dispels rumors that have been circulating social media.

Guest says this investigation is ongoing, but they are confident the three young men charged are the only ones who will be implicated.

An autopsy completed by the Madison County Coroner Alex Breeland found that the little boy died from multiple gunshot wounds and also had head trauma.

According to Madison County Sheriff Tucker 17-year-old DeAllen Washington was arrested in 2015 or 2016 for armed robbery and was out on a $25,000 bond and is still under indictment for that.

Their court appearance will be handled through closed-circuit television and no cameras are allowed inside. We have a crew at the courtroom working to get the latest details and will update as soon as we know more.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/35486...-of-6-year-old

- Rev. Richard Hawke

Death Penalty Sought for Suspect Accused of Killing 6-Year-Old

By Sarah Fowler and Therese Apel
    Clarion-Ledger

CANTON, Miss. — Three teenagers accused in the brutal shooting death of a 6-year-old who was sleeping in the backseat of a car that was stolen last week were denied bond Monday in Madison County Justice Court.

Dwan Wakefield and DeAllen Washington, both 17, and Byron McBride, 19, are all charged as adults with capital murder in the death of Kingston Frazier, who became the subject of an Amber alert after his mother's car was taken from a Jackson, Miss., grocery store parking lot early Thursday.

The Madison County District Attorney's Office will pursue the death penalty against McBride, who is accused of shooting Kingston multiple times, Assistant District Attorney Pamela Hancock said.

"I think there is a great desire to see justice served in this case. And if at the conclusion of all the evidence being gathered, it appears justice will be served by seeking the death penalty then my office will definitely go forward on that," she said

Kingston's mom, Ebony Archie, left the grocery store about 1:30 a.m. CT Thursday and told a sheriff's deputy her car was stolen, but Hinds County officials said she did not immediately mention that her son was in the car. Two hours later at about 4:30 a.m., the Mississippi Department of Public Safety sent out an Amber alert for the missing child.

About 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Kingston's body was discovered on a dead-end road in Madison County, roughly 15 miles away from the store. His exact time of death has not been determined.

The court hearing was held via closed-circuit video, and cameras were not allowed in the courtroom for security reasons. The alleged killers have received threats, officials said.

Wakefield is a senior at Ridgeland High School in Ridgeland, Miss. He was the starting quarterback last season and has a 1-year-old son.

Washington is a senior at Northwest Rankin High School in Flowood, Miss., in neighboring Rankin County. He does not have any prior convictions but was indicted in connection with an armed robbery in Madison County.

He was out of jail on bond when Kingston was killed and has a June court date on his armed-robbery charge.

McBride told the court he has a conviction for burglary in Holmes County. He is unemployed, has not married, does not own a car and has no bank account.

McBride's father, Byron McBride Sr., yelled at reporters after the hearing.

None of the three entered a plea Monday, and they are scheduled for a June 26 preliminary hearing.

"My son did not kill that baby, but y'all gonna kill my son," he said. "My boy didn't kill anybody."

Kingston was set to graduate from kindergarten Thursday, the day he was kidnapped and ultimately killed.

http://www.wltx.com/news/nation/deat...-old/442027800

- Rev. Richard Hawke

Thread Information