Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stanley Ford Sentenced to LWOP in 2017 OH Multiple Arson Murders

Wilso
    Ohio is hilarious, between this decision and not executing people. Sometimes you just have to awkwardly laugh at dumb decisions at this!

Edit: Created a meme.

20211001_205949.jpg
    Last edited by Wilso; 10-01-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Ohio will never execute again.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Ford has been sentenced to 9 life sentences plus 21 years
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    Disgruntled neighbor who killed 9 by arson gets life term

AP

AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A man convicted of killing nine people in arson fires in his neighborhood was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison without parole for each death.

Judge Christine Croce also ordered that Stanley Ford, of Akron, serve the terms consecutively.

Ford, 62, has maintained his innocence. He was found guilty Sept. 21 of 26 of the 29 counts against him, including aggravated murder and aggravated arson. A jury recommended this month that he be sentenced to life in prison instead of the death penalty, though the judge had the final say.

Besides the life terms for the murders, Croce also imposed an additional 21-year sentence for attempted aggravated murder with a violent offender specification.

Ford did not speak at the sentencing. His lawyer —who asked the judge Tuesday to not impose consecutive terms — said Ford plans to appeal the sentence.

Summit County prosecutors said Ford killed a couple in 2016 and two adults and five children in 2017. They used surveillance video footage, security alarm records and the testimony of neighbors to show Ford was responsible.

Prosecutors said Ford set the fires because of disputes with his neighbors. Ford’s attorney argued at trial that his client could not be identified in the surveillance videos and added that other potential suspects were identified.

Ford’s initial trial began in March 2020. After a week of testimony and several delays, Summit County Judge Christine Croce declared a mistrial the following June at the request of Ford’s attorneys, who cited concerns about Ford’s ability to get a fair trial during the coronavirus pandemic.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...928ee74812587d

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information