View Poll Results: Which execution do you think deters most?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hanging

1 8.33%
  • Electric chair

5 41.67%
  • Cyanide gas

2 16.67%
  • Firing squad

2 16.67%
  • Lethal injection

1 8.33%
  • Nitrogen gas

1 8.33%

Thread: Poll: Which method of execution would deter you the most?

WillyB

Poll: Which method of execution would deter you the most?

Hi forums. New here and it's nice to have a forum such as these where we can discuss such things freely. I have a friend who is also pro-DP, but believes that as long as executions exist, it shall deter crime. This includes lethal injection and nitrogen gas asphyxiation. Of course all execution methods kill, but are some more effective at deterrence than others? I have included ''hung by the neck until dead'' since before we abolished the death penalty in the UK, this was carried out for things like serial murderers and child killers.

zs4647
    Firing Squad is effective and really can be botched this is the best option the states have in me view.

WillyB
    They don't seem to have it in many states. Correct me if I'm wrong. (I'm a UK cit.) Electric chair seems popular in the poll. Why? Curious.
    Last edited by WillyB; 07-20-2017 at 03:57 PM.

zs4647
    Misread the question. Sorry. if the goal is to deter then I would say the electric chair. I thought you meant which method do think would be the best for other reasons.

WillyB
    Which is arguably the most 'humane' method has been discussed many times and I don't care for it, as long as it's a good deterrent which is a subject more rarely discussed. Lethal injection is a lot more expensive and complicated than it needs to be, in my opinion, and renders an execution too 'clinical'.

I decided to have nitrogen gas a separate one, since according to what I've read it isn't a chamber but a mask which converts air into inert gas (100% nitrogen). So, it's different from the closed cyanide chamber.

Thread Information