Thread: Morrrieo Allen Sentenced in 2014 TN Murder of 50-year-old Cleate Davis

Morrrieo Allen Sentenced in 2014 TN Murder of 50-year-old Cleate Davis

SCSO Arrest 1, Issue Arrest Warrant In Burned Truck Homicide

By Alex Flores

MILLINGTON, Tenn. (FOX13) - Aleasha Cox was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the Dec. 18 homicide of Cleate Davis, whose body was found in a burning pickup truck in Millington, a Shelby County Sheriff spokesman said.

The 34-year-old Cox admitted to sheriff detectives her involvement into a robbery that lead to the 50-year-old victim's death.

Detectives also issued a warrant for the arrest of Morrieo Allen, Cox's boyfriend. Allen is also facing a charge of first-degree murder.

The sheriff said Mr. Davis was found in his Ford F-150 that was on fire in a ditch in the 7800 block of Mudville Road. The county medical examiner's office determined the victim had also been shot twice in the face.

According to an affidavit of complaint, a witness told law enforcement he saw a man flee the scene of the burning pickup truck.

Sheriff detectives said they identified Allen as the person the witness saw leaving the scene of the burning pickup truck.

While looking for Allen detectives located Cox. She gave a confession statement to police. She is due to make her first appearance in Shelby County General Sessions Court Dec. 29.

If you know where Allen is you are urged to call CrimeStoppers at 901-528-CASH.Deputies say the couple were associates of Davis and robbed him before killing him. Rochelle Weber, the victim's daughter and other family members, are relieved to hear there is an arrest but they are equally shocked who is responsible.

"My family needs justice all the way around," Weber said. "Aleasha can't take the fall by herself because somebody had to drive the truck and somebody had to set it on fire."

Weber, who said the couple in question were friends of his father, and hopes Allen will be arrested soon.

"It was a shock to hear who did it but I feel a bit of closure that we can put my dad to rest in peace, not wondering who did this," she said.

Her father had just been declared cancer free of stage 4 lymphoma and the family were going to celebrate his health all together at Christmas.

"It does provide closure when you can solve a crime that someone committed this heinous," said sheriff spokesman Chip Washington. "It gives you a sense of satisfaction to know they won't get away with this."

As far as what the couple had robbed the the victim of, Washington said that's still part of the investigation.

"We feel very confident in the two individuals in question and we hope this brings some closure to Mr. Davis' family members," Washington said. "That, to me, is the most important thing."

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/27...urning-pick-up
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Wanted man arrested in connection with murder of man found in burning truck

BY Ashley Forest
    WREG News

SHELBY COUNTY, Tenn. — The man wanted for robbing and killing 51-year-old Cleate Daivs was arrested Saturday evening.

Deputies arrested Morrrieo Allen in the 800 block of Claybrook Street.

Sheriff Bill Oldham Fugitive Apprehension Team made the arrest.

Allen and girlfriend Aleasha Cox are accused of killing Davis more than a week ago.

Investigators said the pair robbed Davis, then killed him, shooting him twice in the face. Davis was later discovered in the burning truck.

Cox was arrested Christmas Eve for her involvement in the crime.

A date has not been given on when Morrieo Allen is expected to be in court.

http://wreg.com/2014/12/27/man-arres...burning-truck/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Family Reacts to Couple Arrested In Connection with Man Found Dead in Burning Pick-up

By Lynnanne Nguyen

Relief comes just in time for a grieving family trying to get through the holidays.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office has arrested two people in connection with the murder of 50-year old Cleate Davis. Davis was found shot in the head in his burning Ford pick-up truck the week before Christmas in Millington.

Authorities arrested Aleasha Cox and Morrieo Allen. Both are charged with first-degree murder. Investigators say Allen was seen running from the burning truck and Cox admitted to her part in the murder. Investigators also say Cox and Allen killed Davis and left him for dead in a robbery gone wrong.

“I mean how do you tell a two-year old that grandpa's not here anymore? That was her hero, and she loves her grandpa more than anything,” Davis' daughter, Rachel Davis, said.

Days after Christmas, Rachel Davis's daughter still has one gift left to unwrap; it's the one from grandpa.

“They had a bond most kids don't have with their grandparents,” Davis said, “He bought her a bike for Christmas and never got to give it to her.”

A two-time cancer survivor, Davis leaves behind two daughters and two young grand-daughters, two and six years old. Davis' daughters say they're still trying to figure out how to explain the news to their children.

“We're just still kind of shell-shocked about it,” Davis' daughter Rochelle Weber said, “We're glad that both of them are in custody now.”

“That was a huge relief to me,” Rachel Davis added, “When I knew there was a second suspect, and they were on the run, I couldn't help anywhere I went just looking over my shoulder to see if he was there, anywhere around me.”

Aleasha Cox was arrested on Christmas Day in connection with Cleate Davis' murder, and another suspect, Morrieo Allen, was found just two days later.

“They knew my dad, they knew how kind hearted he was, he'd give you the shirt off his back,” Weber said.

Now the family says their journey towards closure begins.

“I probably won't get closure until they are prosecuted and sentenced,” Rachel Davis said, “But we start healing with our family first.”

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/27...urning-pick-up

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

May 17, 2018

Rosemark man gets life in prison on first-degree murder conviction

By Linda A. Moore
    eu.commercialappeal.com

Morrieo Allen, of Rosemark, was sentenced to life in prison on Thursday after a jury found him guilty of first-degree murder in the perpetration of a robbery and death of Cleate Davis, whose body was found near Millington in his burning truck.

Allen, 39, received the automatic life-sentence from criminal court Judge Chris Craft. With maximum credits, Allen will be eligible for release in 2065, when he is 84 years old.

Allen killed Davis, 51 on Dec. 18, 2014 after looking through his girlfriend's cell phone and learning that she had planned to meet Davis the next day for a date. He told his girlfriend to keep the meeting, then rode there with her where he shot and robbed Davis.

He then drove Davis' truck, with his body, inside to a field along Mudville Road near Miller Road in North Shelby County and set the vehicle on fire.

A witness saw Allen running from the burning truck and was able to identify him the same day.

Aleasha Cox, Allen's girlfriend, has also been charged with first-degree murder in this case.

https://eu.commercialappeal.com/stor...der/621269002/

A little update on Cox, according to TDOC, she is currently serving 6 years of probation. It doesn’t say what crime she was convicted of.

https://apps.tn.gov/foil/details.jsp
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

That must be her sentence because she testified against her bf.

https://casetext.com/case/state-v-allen-122306

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information