Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama Death Warrant Discussion

Alabama Death Warrant Discussion

Well we've got one of these for Florida, so we may as well start one for AL now that they've got a large number of people ready for warrants. Go ahead and state who you think/hope AL will choose next.

I'll float my predictions:

Vernon Madison: Previously scheduled for execution, SCOTUS just cleared way for a new date.

Jeffrey Borden: Previously scheduled for execution.

Charles Burton and Geoffrey West: Both remaining litigants of the lawsuit Melson and McNabb were part of.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

I'm throwing some money on Hammonds and Samra right now. AL is getting very hard to predict since it seems that the AG goes and asks for a warrant instead of local DA's. Then again we only know the names of 8 of the 50ish guys that picked gas.
    Last edited by Mike; 02-08-2019 at 12:16 AM.

There's also the fact that the media has gotten bad with reporting. The AG sought an execution date for Ray in August, and yet we heard nothing until the date was set in November. I'd say there's good odds that Samra or Hammonds may have not chosen nitrogen gas. But I have no idea who chose it. Maybe I'll try to contact the DOC or AG's office.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Could you please list which inmates are warrant ready?
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Helen, here's the appeal statuses.

0000Z460 Vernon Madison - execution scheduled for 1/25/18 (stayed)
    0000Z489 William Ernest Kuenzel - execution scheduled for 3/19/15 (stayed)
    0000Z521 Gregory Hunt - execution scheduled for 4/16/15 (stayed)
    0000Z537 Charles Lee Burton, Jr. - cert denied 10/15/18
    0000Z546 Christopher Lee Price - execution scheduled for 4/11/19
    0000Z549 Michael Shannon Taylor - cert denied 1/23/17
    0000Z560 David Lee Roberts - cert denied 10/29/18
    0000Z563 Robin Dee Myers - execution scheduled for 6/18/15 (stayed)
    0000Z578 Anthony Boyd - cert denied 3/19/18
    0000Z598 Carey Dale Grayson - execution scheduled for 4/12/12 (stayed)
    0000Z608 Demetrius Terrence Frazier - cert denied 10/1/12
    0000Z630 Artez Hammonds - cert denied 10/1/18
    0000Z635 Michael Brandon Samra - cert denied 4/18/16
    0000Z641 Anthony Tyson - cert denied 3/1/04
    0000Z658 Geoffrey Todd West - cert denied 3/25/13
    0000Z661 Bobby Wayne Waldrop - cert denied 10/1/18
    0000Z674 Jeffery Lee - cert denied 3/24/14

West, Lee, Frazier, Grayson, Myers, Roberts, Burton, and Hunt chose nitrogen gas. The others I am unsure about.

I believe that William Kuenzel, Christopher Price, Bobby Waldrop, or the 2 Mike named are most likely assuming they didn't choose gas. If SCOTUS denies Vernon Madison he will definitely be executed in 2019. He has never challenged injection and almost surely didn't choose gas.

My final prediction for the next Alabama execution is Price. Evidence strongly suggests he didn't choose nitrogen gas. He was a litigant with the aforementioned 8 inmates that chose gas, but he wasn't named with them. Furthermore, the other 8 dismissed their lawsuit as moot once they chose gas. Price, however, had a challenge to Midazolam denied in September. The deadline to choose nitrogen gas was June 30, 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

My final prediction for the next Alabama execution is Price.
    I need to apply my crystal ball to the Powerball next.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    0000Z641 Anthony Tyson - cert denied 3/1/04
    Tyson shouldn't be on this. He was part of a lawsuit that made it to the 11th and SCOTUS denied cert to it. He's still at district level.

Nice pick though hopefully more guys didn't pick gas.

Any guesses on the next one?
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Anthony Boyd is my guess. There's a reason to believe he didn't choose gas - I'll corral that evidence later.

My post back in March thought it would’ve been Hammonds now the next one is Smith. Bets on the ones after Smith? Bobsicles wants Waldrop.
    Last edited by Neil; 12-01-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information