Woman Hanged in Iran

Iran Human Rights

Iranian authorities have executed a woman on murder charges, according to reports by several Iranian media outlets. No information regarding time and place of the execution was revealed in the reports.

On December 26, the state-run news website Young Journalists Club reported that Noushin, a 25 years old woman, has been executed on the charge of murdering her husband. However, Rokna website had published a similar story on December 22, and the format of the news implies that the execution took place on the same day, that is, December 22.

According to the reports, Noushin who was interviewed just before the implementation of the death sentence, said: “I was seeing Soheil. He seemed a nice guy to me and I believed that his claimed-wish to marry me is real. I started a relationship with him. However, he was not the person I thought I knew. After a while, he asked me to have sexual relations with his friends and threatened that he will publish our private pictures on social media if I refuse to do so. I could hardly tolerate his dirty demands more than a month. Finally, I decided to kill him and I did.”

Noushin was reportedly executed shortly after the interview was made.

According to Iran Human Rights annual report on the death penalty, 240 of the 517 execution sentences in 2017 were implemented due to murder charges. There is a lack of a classification of murder by degree in Iran which results in issuing a death sentence for any kind of murder regardless of intensity and intent.

https://iranhr.net/en/articles/3596/