Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anthony James Pardon Sentenced to LWOP in 2018 OH Rape and Murder of Rachael Anderson

Excerpt:

Suspect in East Side slaying has long, violent history

By Beth Berger and Marc Kovac
    Columbus Dispatch

Archives show Pardon has a long, violent history that began in his teens and has spent much of his life incarcerated.

In March 1979, when he was 14, he was temporarily committed to the Ohio Youth Commission for raping an 8-year-old girl. In July 1979, he was made a ward of the court and temporarily committed to Franklin County Children Services. In December 1979, he was found guilty of menacing and permanently committed to the youth commission and placed in a foster home.

In February 1980, when he was 15, he was convicted of raping a 9-month-old boy, the son of his foster parents. He was babysitting when his foster mother went grocery shopping. He told Columbus police he raped the baby because he was upset after a fight with a girlfriend. A court-ordered psychiatric report stated he needed treatment and should be watched closely.

In November 1981, when Pardon was 16, he kidnapped, raped and attempted to drown the 39-year-old mother of a girlfriend who let him into her Ontario Street home to use the phone. He pulled a butcher knife on her, raped her and took $100 from her purse.

He bound her feet and hands together and gagged her before putting her in the trunk of her car. He untied her feet and threw her in Alum Creek off Sunbury Road. She was partially clothed at the time.

When Pardon saw that she was still able to keep afloat, he waded in the creek and held her head under water. Another man discovered them after he saw the woman’s car with the trunk still ajar. He took off before police arrived. The attacker, who was a student at Linden-McKinley High School at the time, took the cash he stole from the woman and purchased tennis shoes and a jogging outfit. He was on probation from the youth commission at the time.

A psychologist told the court that Pardon cannot control anti-social and aggressive behavior and has a “strong resistance to change.”

At 17, he was convicted of rape, attempted murder, and aggravated robbery in May 1982 after he was tried as an adult and served more than 24 years at Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield. He was released in November 2006, a department of rehabilitation and correction spokesperson said.

He wasn’t out long.

Two years later, he was incarcerated in Georgia for two counts of failing to register as a sex offender and two counts of forgery, according to Georgia Department of Corrections records. He was in prison for more than nine years.

Pardon was released in June 2017. That same month he returned to Columbus and registered as a sexual predator with the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office. He registered on Sept. 22 and then again on Dec. 22. He was compliant with check-ins.

About six months after his release from prison, Columbus police say Pardon struck again, killing Anderson.

https://www.dispatch.com/news/201802...iolent-history
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Anthony Pardon found guilty in the murder of Rachael Anderson

By Kevin Landers
    10TV News

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Anthony Pardon has been found guilty on all counts in the murder of Rachael Anderson.

The jury found Pardon guilty of aggravated murder, rape, kidnapping, aggravated burglary and aggravated robbery.

Anderson was found dead in her Columbus apartment in January 2018.

The jury deliberated on Wednesday and Thursday before reaching their verdict.

With the guilty conviction, Pardon is eligible for the death penalty.

https://www.10tv.com/article/anthony...erson-2020-feb
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

I’m sorry. He raped a 9 MONTH OLD BABY in February of 1980, but he was still free to kidnap, rape and try to murder a woman in November of 1981??? How is that even possible?

-Dawn

Anthony Pardon trial moves to sentencing phase

The jury in the Anthony Pardon trial will begin deliberating whether he will face the death penalty.

Pardon, a registered sex-offender, was convicted last week of nine counts in the 2018 death of Rachael Anderson, including aggravated murder, rape and kidnapping.

Anderson’s body was discovered in her east side apartment, on the day after her 24th birthday.

Several members of Anderson’s family were present for the verdict reading. Anderson is originally from Warren, Ohio.

After deliberating, the jury will make a recommendation to the judge on whether Pardon should be executed.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-new...tencing-phase/
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Watch Live: Anthony Pardon Penalty Phase in Rachael Anderson Murder

Follow the link below to watch live trial coverage

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/...derson-murder/

Jury spares life of Anthony Pardon

The jury of eight women and four men arrived at the verdict after deliberating for about 3 1/2 hours over two days. Their recommendation had to be unanimous.

A Franklin County jury has spared the life of Anthony Pardon, recommending Thursday that he be sentenced to life in prison without parole for the rape and murder of Rachael Anderson.

Franklin County Common Pleas Judge Stephen L. McIntosh set sentencing for March 16. Because the jury recommended life in prison, the judge is barred from imposing a death sentence.

The jury of eight women and four men arrived at the verdict after deliberating for about 3 1/2 hours over two days. Their recommendation had to be unanimous.

https://www.dispatch.com/news/202002...anthony-pardon

This county is garbage for getting a death sentence.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

With his violent history, he’ll probably kill someone in prison. Those jurors will regret their cowardice
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

That’s why it’s important Trump be re-elected. Look what happened with Meders in Georgia his lawyer is a criminal rights activist. He’s the one who pushed for the death penalty repeal bill in New Hampshire last year. If he’s re-elected then he can put a justice on the Supreme Court to dismantle Ring, Simmons, etc. This the most important election year for the survival of the death penalty in this country. We can not afford to trend in the direction of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsicles View Post
    With his violent history, he’ll probably kill someone in prison. Those jurors will regret their cowardice

You think the jurors would care if he killed another criminal in prison? I dont think they would.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information