Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikolas Jacob Cruz Sentenced to LWOP in 2018 FL Multiple Murders

This guy is a bad seed.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by one_two_bomb View Post
    The gun control nuts are really hammering gov scott at the press conference on cnn.
    I think we can agree about the fact that the most school shootings happen in the US. I don´t see that more guns are a real solution. Most of the mass-shooters have serious mental problems and violent fanatasies so why is it such a problem to regulate the access to get a gun? It could be quiet easy - a nation wide registered-gun-owner database where doctors, teachers, sheriff/police, military ... add informations about registered gun owners and if someone shows some remarkable points like a depression, violence against people/animals, ... if one of the registered users is triggered he gets evaluated by a competent person and he has to remove the guns or not. This would be no problem for the majority of the gun owners which use their guns in they way they should be used. This couldn´t prevent all mass-shootins, but it could safe some people. The child-offender database is something similar and I think i´s widely accepted.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

FLORIDA SHERIFF TELLS VIGIL: OFFICIALS ‘WILL NOT GET RE-ELECTED’ IF GUN LAWS STAY SAME

By ABC News Radio

PARKLAND, Fla. — Hundreds of people attended vigils remembering the 17 victims who were killed in a school shooting in Parkland, Florida, on Wednesday.

Several speakers took to an elevated stage to pray for those who died, the injured who are recovering in the hospital and the first responders and school staff who worked valiantly to keep them safe.

“We mourn for the potential that was lost — for the hopes, for the joys, for the dreams that will never be realized,” one speaker said of the young victims and the heroes who died while protecting the students.

Nearly every seat in the outdoor auditorium was filled, with an audience so large that it spilled onto the sidewalk on the other side of the fence separating the area.

Some members of the crowd nodded silently, while others cried with their hands buried in their faces, as numerous prayers were read.

Earlier in the day, 17 balloons were released during a vigil at the Parkland Baptist Church, one for each who was killed.

Multiple students were in attendance at a separate vigil at Parkridge Church in Pompano Beach, showing their support for their fallen classmates by wearing shirts emblazoned with an eagle, the school’s mascot.

Later in the evening, a candlelight vigil was held. The vigil lasted about an hour and included a solemn reading of the 17 people who were killed in the shooting.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel made pointed comments on gun control, saying, “If you are an elected official and you want to keep things the way they are and not do things differently, if you wanna keep the gun laws as they are now — you will not get re-elected in Broward County.”

The statements received a round of applause from the crowd.

Among the speakers at the evening event were Chicago Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo, who attended Stoneman Douglas High School and graduated in 2007.

“While I don’t have all the answers, I know that something has to change before this is visited on another community, and another community and another community,” Rizzo said.

“We don’t know who’s hiding their sadness or feelings of guilt and loneliness, or who needs help and is too proud or afraid to ask,” he added. “So we have to be there for each other, we have to cope with our pain, and we have to live each other’s pain.”

On Wednesday afternoon, a former student of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz, allegedly opened fire on the school campus. In addition to those who died in the attack, more than a dozen people were injured, some critically.

Cruz, who has been charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder, appeared in court Thursday afternoon and is being held in the Broward County Jail without bond.

At the vigil, prayers were read for Cruz and his extended family as well.

“We ask that you would intervene in his disturbed mind and show him the hope that can only be found in you,” one speaker prayed, holding back tears. “We pray for your miraculous work to be evident in him, and in spite of him.”

http://kticradio.com/abc_national/fl...abcid36035191/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Legend CharlesMartel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    FLORIDA SHERIFF TELLS VIGIL: OFFICIALS ‘WILL NOT GET RE-ELECTED’ IF GUN LAWS STAY SAME
    That is for sure.
    In the Shadow of Your Wings
    1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!

School shooter will offer to plead guilty, public defender says

(CNN) -- [Breaking news update, published at 7:19 p.m. ET]

Confessed Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz intends to plead guilty, Broward County Public Defender Howard Finkelstein said Friday. Finkelstein said the object is to avoid a painful trial and for Cruz not to get the death penalty.

Prosecutors could not immediately be reached for comment.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/37527920/...der-chief-says

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

No plea deal. Death penalty. There is no doubt Cruz will be found guilty. The state holds all the cards here. If someone who slaughtered 17 people isn't deserving of execution, who is?

If a Massachusetts jury was able to give Tsarnaev the death penalty, I'm sure a Florida jury can make the correct decision.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Exclusive: Group chat messages show school shooter obsessed with race, violence and guns

By Paul P. Murphy
    CNN

In a private Instagram group chat, confessed school shooter Nikolas Cruz repeatedly espoused racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic views and displayed an obsession with violence and guns.

Wednesday, 19-year-old Cruz opened fire at the school that expelled him, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Authorities say he killed 17 with his legally purchased AR-15.

CNN, investigating comments the shooter may have left on a now-deleted YouTube channel, was added to the private Instagram group by one of the active members in it. The responding group members, who appear to be younger than 18, have refused to confirm their identities to CNN on or off the record.

When asked for comment or whether they knew about the private chat group, the FBI directed CNN to the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

Most of the conversation in the group since Cruz joined around August 2017 is between six people -- including Cruz.

"I hate jews, ni**ers, immigrants"

Racism was a constant theme in the chat group, which was called "Murica (American flag emoji) (eagle emoji) great" -- a name it was given by Cruz.

The hatred he and others in the group espoused met little resistance from its active members. In one part of the group chat, Cruz wrote that he hated, "jews, ni**ers, immigrants."

He talked about killing Mexicans, keeping black people in chains and cutting their necks. The statements were not made in jest.

There are hundreds of racist messages, racist memes and racist Instagram videos posted in the group.

One member even joked about Cruz's particular venomousness, saying that although he hated black people, too, he didn't "to a point I wanna kill the (sic) like nick."

Cruz said he hated black people simply because they were black; Cruz hated Jews because he believed they wanted to destroy the world.

After one member expressed hatred for gay people, Cruz agreed, saying, "Shoot them in the back of head."

White women drew Cruz's hatred as well, specifically those in interracial relationships, whom he referred to repeatedly as traitors.

There are no indications in the group chat that any member, including Cruz, is or was part of a white nationalist or white supremacist group.

Cruz used paycheck for body armor

Cruz purchased an AR-15 rifle in Florida approximately a year ago, legally. A law enforcement source told CNN's Evan Perez that Cruz purchased at least five guns in the past year.

In a public post on his Instagram page, Cruz showed what he called an "arsenal" on a bed -- seven guns and body armor. Another post on the page is a view down the barrel of a gun with a holographic sight out a window onto the street.

His AR-15 and other guns were a frequent topic of conversation in the group chat.

They even critiqued Cruz's rifle grip. He posted a short video of himself shooting a rifle outside a window at night. The video cuts out shortly after the round is fired.

They discussed which guns they liked better: M16s or AKs.

At one point, one member told Cruz, "Nick get this for your AR." He directed Nick to a website offering an after-market accessory that would turn his AR-15 into a fully automatic weapon.

A law enforcement source speaking to CNN's Evan Perez said that the gun used in the school shooting was not automatic, and there's no indication he bought the accessory, or a similar type of accessory.

When it was payday, Cruz let the group know where the money was going to be spent.

"Guys I got paid 330. I am buying body armor," he wrote.

Cruz did purchase the body armor, according to receipts he posted in the chat -- with a $30 discount and free shipping.

Then he asked the group whether it was legal to wear body armor to school.

"School shooters," he replied, when someone asked why he wanted to know.

"I think I am going to kill people"

The bio on one of his Instagram accounts read, "annihilator."

At one point in the chat, he wrote, "I think I am going to kill people." After a member told him not to say things like that, he said he was just playing.

During one of the anti-Semitic rants in the chat, Cruz spoke of his birth mother, saying, "My real mom was a Jew. I am glad I never met her."

Roger and Lynda Cruz adopted Cruz when he was a child. Roger died in 2004, and Lynda died last fall after an illness.

In his first message to the chat group, Cruz bragged about writing a letter to President Donald Trump -- and receiving a response. CNN reached out to the White House for comment about any correspondence to and from Cruz but has not heard back.

Jim Gard, his former math teacher, told CNN's Brian Todd that although he never had problems with Cruz, he did receive an email from a school administrator around November 2016 asking to be notified if Cruz came on campus with a backpack.

In two instances, Cruz also discussed killing small animals.

He posted a photo on his Instagram account of a disemboweled frog, saying he had killed it because one had killed his dog. In the Instagram chat, he describes killing a number of birds with his gun.

Some members of the chat were worried he might have killed endangered animals.

"He seemed nice but also had some mental issues," one member told CNN. "All (I know) is that he likes guns and really hates liberals."

CNN's David Shortell, Rosa Flores, Evan Perez and Kevin Liptak contributed to this report.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/ex...oup/index.html

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Edited:

SCHOOL SHOOTING: FBI didn't act on tip about Nikolas Cruz

By Greg Pallone and Digital Media Staff
    mynews13.com

There was backlash Friday after the Federal Bureau of Investigation admitted the ball was dropped when information came in about accused Parkland school gunman Nikolas Cruz.

And now, Florida's governor is calling for the FBI director's resignation, citing Cruz's gun ownership, desire to kill people and disturbing social media posts, and the big one -- the potential of him conducting a school shooting.

Cruz was charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder and he is being held without bond after Wednesday's mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

FBI Director Christopher Wray said Friday a "person close to Nikolas Cruz" contacted the FBI tipline on Jan. 5 to report Cruz's behavior. In a prepared statement, the FBI said: "The caller provided information about Cruz's gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting."

The FBI said information from the caller should have been assessed as a potential threat to life and then fowarded to the FBI Miami Field Office.

"Lots of crying, lots of talking, trying to understand," said Sherri Palmer, whose 17-year-old daughter, Madison, lost one of her friends Wednesday.

Madison was able to talk to grief counselors Friday.

"She was able to talk it out, she met a couple other friends there," said Palmer. "They were able to share some memories."

As this family, and so many others grieve, the question is now -- could this tragedy have been stopped?

It's the FBI tip, and Cruz' social media posts that has Gov. Rick Scott calling for Wray to resign.

Scott says, "We constantly promote 'see something, say something,' and a courageous person did just that to the FBI. And the FBI failed to act."

Sen. Marco Rubio says the FBI "utterly failed victims of (the) Florida shooting," also saying, "It is inexcusable that the FBI failed to follow protocols, warning the Bureau over a month ago of his desire to kill and erratic behavior."

Wray said the FBI is still investigating what happened.

"I am committed to getting to the bottom of what happened in this particular matter, as well as reviewing our processes for responding to information that we receive from the public," he said. It's up to all Americans to be vigilant, and when members of the public contact us with concerns, we must act properly and quickly.

"We have spoken with victims and families, and deeply regret the additional pain this causes all those affected by this horrific tragedy. All of the men and women of the FBI are dedicated to keeping the American people safe, and are relentlessly committed to improving all that we do and how we do it."

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions ordered a review of FBI and Justice Department procedures after bureau failed to investigate the tip on Cruz.

Scott called what happened unacceptable.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news...ting_gun_.html

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    What they need to do is get a change of venue to the most rural conservative county in Florida.

Senior Member CnCP Legend CharlesMartel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I think we can agree about the fact that the most school shootings happen in the US. I don´t see that more guns are a real solution. Most of the mass-shooters have serious mental problems and violent fanatasies so why is it such a problem to regulate the access to get a gun? It could be quiet easy - a nation wide registered-gun-owner database where doctors, teachers, sheriff/police, military ... add informations about registered gun owners and if someone shows some remarkable points like a depression, violence against people/animals, ... if one of the registered users is triggered he gets evaluated by a competent person and he has to remove the guns or not. This would be no problem for the majority of the gun owners which use their guns in they way they should be used. This couldn´t prevent all mass-shootins, but it could safe some people. The child-offender database is something similar and I think i´s widely accepted.
    But, nothing is going to change unfortunately . Cruz is going to plea guilty, and in schools they'll continue to live in fear. Why we can't have a dp for Cruz, even with his plea.
    Last edited by CharlesMartel; 02-17-2018 at 10:33 AM. Reason: to finish my comment
    In the Shadow of Your Wings
    1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information