Thread: 'Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G.' Episodes 5 & 6: Beef Intensifies Between Bad Boy and Death Row

Senior Member CnCP Legend CharlesMartel's Avatar

'Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G.' Episodes 5 & 6: Beef Intensifies Between Bad Boy and Death Row

By Scott Glayshe
    Billboard

Episode 5 of Unsolved opens through Tupac’s hazy eyes as he comes to consciousness in the hospital after being shot in NYC’s Quad Studios in 1994. After being assured that he will make a full recovery by doctors, he’s greeted by his mother Afeni (Sola Bamis) who asks: “Do you know who did this?” Flashbacks show Puff, Jimmy and regrettably Biggie – all of whom cross Pac’s mind as his potential hitmen.

Things get even worse for Pac as he proceeds to get convicted of the sexual abuse charges laid against him from Ayanna Jackson. He’s wheeled out of the courtroom and into prison, and despite getting love from other inmates; he’s put in isolated protective custody due to his celebrity status. The silence that fills the room when the cell door slams shut is utterly deafening, as you can feel Pac’s normally proud spirit dwindle.

Fast forward to 1998, detective Poole who is now firmly off the Biggie case, is assigned to another case in which a dirty cop has been accused of stealing confiscated cocaine from the evidence facility. After connecting a few dots between all the LAPD’s dirty cops, Poole is led to believe once again that Death Row Records was closely intertwined with (and protected by) a plethora of crooked police officers.

The case files that Kading and his task force rummaged through lead them to another convicted informant, Michael Dorrough (Kareem J. Grimes). They work out a deal to transfer Dorrough to the prison where his father is serving life, and in exchange, the informant divulges that “Suge had Biggie killed," and that it was carried out by Keffe D and the Southside Crips.

The testimony sounded too good to be true, and turns out to be shaky at best. Luckily, a clever look into forensics from guns seized around the the time of Biggie and Pac’s murders brings the task force back on track. Headway is also made back in 1998, where Poole and the LAPD start cracking down on the crooked cops allegedly tied to Death Row Records. They arrest their own officer Rafael Pérez for stealing that confiscated cocaine, which is quickly followed up by an offer of immunity -- in return for telling the LAPD “everything.”

The beginning of episode six opens as Suge Knight makes his infamous speech at the1995 Source Awards. While accepting the best original motion picture soundtrack award for Death Row’s work on Above the Rim, he takes some sot-so-subtle shots at Bad Boy and Puff Daddy, urging artists that don’t want a producer “all in the videos, all on the records” to come to Death Row.

2007’s task force also hits a speed bump, as what they believed to be their ballistic breakthrough turns out false, rendering their trip to Las Vegas a disaster. Things go from bad to worse for Kading and the force when one of their best officers, Tim "Blondie" Brennan (Scott Michael Campbell), is needed back at the sheriff’s department and walks out. Days later, Kading is put in front of the LAPD chief of police to debrief on his task force’s concrete findings, which of course, are nothing. Chief William Bratton reminds Kading that Voletta Wallace’s lawsuit could cost the city 400 million dollars, and time is running out.

Simultaneously, Detective Poole debriefs the 1998 chief of police, Bernard Parks, about his findings with Ray Perez and the string of crooked LAPD officers. Poole’s emotions get the best of him as he spills his assumptions about how the corrupt officers were working for Death Row and are covering up Biggie’s murder. Yet again, Poole is reminded he has been removed from the case for a reason – although the determination in his eyes to get to the bottom of Biggie’s murder is more than crystal clear. In an act of desperation, Poole ends up drafting a report titled "Chronology of Christopher Wallace’s Murder aka Biggie Smalls" and giving it to the District Attorney.

The most heart-racing sequence to date in the show takes place in 1995, when Pac is released from prison and none other than Suge Knight is there to pick him up, and officially welcome him to the label with his own Death Row chain. Pac wastes no time hitting to studio to record the infamous “Hit Em Up” diss track, while Biggie reactively retaliates by demanding New Yorkers to side with him. This back and forth leads to Snoop Dogg’s (Skylan Brooks) tour bus being shot up -- no one is injured, but tensions between the two camps remain at an all-time high.

Kading, on the other hand, decides to focus his force onto one man; Keefe D. The Southside Crip, who refuses to talk, runs a car shipping business where kilos of cocaine are stashed stealthily in the wheels. Kading and company manage to apprehend one of his drivers, and successfully flip him to become an informant, in an elaborate plan to trap Keefe into divulging what he knows on Biggie’s murder. The episode wraps with Suge and Tupac threatening Bad Boy promoter Mark Bell (Calvin Tenner) to give up Puffy’s Los Angeles address, so they can carry out what appears to be an assassination. For the first time in the series, Puff seems visibly shook, as he mutters to his assistant, “They want to kill me.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...odes-5-6-recap
    In the Shadow of Your Wings
    1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!

Tupac murder 'SOLVED' as suspect Keefe D sensationally confesses to part in the killing - now he's dying of cancer

The rapper was gunned down in a drive-by shooting in 1996 and his murder has never been fully resolved - until now

Tupac Amaru Shakur's murder is one step closer to being solved after a suspect sensationally confessed to playing a part in the killing - 22 years down the line.

The rapper was gunned down in a drive-by shooting on September 7 1996 and died in hospital six days later, but nobody was ever caught or tried for his shock death.

His murder remains one of the biggest unsolved mysteries in the entertainment world... until now.

A new Netflix series, Unsolved: The Tupac And Biggie Murders, contains expert analysis of the gang war between LA's Bloods - the gang Tupac was affiliated to - and their mortal rivals the Crips.

One of the most popular theories surrounding Tupac's murder is that he and Death Row Records CEO Suge Knight were involved in the beating of a Crips member, Orlando 'Baby Lane' Anderson, on the night of Pac's death.

And now Anderson's uncle, Keefe D - real name Duane Keith Davis - has confessed that he knew who pulled the trigger that fateful night.

"I was a Compton kingpin, drug dealer, I'm the only one alive who can really tell you story about the Tupac killing," said Keefe D, the Daily Star reports.

"People have been pursuing me for 20 years, I'm coming out now because I have cancer. And I have nothing else to lose. All I care about now is the truth."

Keefe's shocking confession was caught on tape when he had immunity from prosecution, which aired in a different documentary, Death Row Chronicles.

He revealed that he, Anderson and two others - Terrence 'T-Brown' Brown and DeAndre 'Dre' Smith - were in a Cadillac driving around Vegas looking for Tupac on the night of the murder, as revenge for his nephew's beating.

They were on their way to the 662 Club where Tupac was due to perform, but got bored of waiting when the rapper was running late.

The foursome went to buy alcohol, but heard women on the sidewalk screaming Tupac's name and 'bust a U-turn' to pull up alongside Tupac's BMW, which was being driven that night by Suge.

"All the chicks was like 'Tupac!', and he was like 'hey' like a celebrity, like he was in a parade," said Keefe.

"If he wouldn't even have been out the window we would have never have seen him."

However, he refused to tell the Death Row Chronicles documentary makers who pulled the trigger.

"Going to keep it for the code of the streets. It just came from the backseat, bro," he said on camera.

However, in the taped confession filmed during his immunity, Keefe said it was his nephew Orlando who fired the gun.

"I gave it to Dre and Dre was like 'no, no, no' and Lane was like – popped the dudes," he claimed.

"He leaned over and rolled down the window and popped them."

Anderson himself continued to deny responsibility for Tupac's murder his whole life - he was killed during a shootout in LA in 1998.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...keefe-12837183
    1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!

Arrest warrant being considered in Tupac's murder

Duane "Keffe D" Davis, the uncle of the prime suspect in Tupac Shakur's murder, made a shocking confession on television.

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — Duane "Keffe D" Davis, the uncle of the prime suspect in Tupac Shakur's murder, made a shocking confession on television.

Keffe D said he was in the car when a person riding with him fired shots into another car, killing Tupac.

Retired Las Vegas Metropolitan Police detective Phil Ramos said gang members rarely talked to police. Even Tupac wouldn't say who shot him back in 1996 before he died.

Now, there’s a change.org petition demanding LVMPD seek justice in Tupac’s murder.

Investigators have never been able to close the door on this cold case.

According to reports, Keffe D also confessed back in the 90s during a recorded police interview and with immunity, that his nephew, Orlando Anderson, fired the shots that killed Tupac. Police say Anderson was the main suspect in the case, but never faced charges up to his death.

A source close to the investigation tells News 3 that LVMPD is considering an arrest warrant for murder. Police are trying to figure out at how they can get that warrant processed.

Ramos is now retired from the department, but he said getting a warrant takes convincing prosecutors you have a case.

"You only get one shot. You can only try a person once,” Ramos said.

A source familiar with the investigation also said LVMPD was given a gun from Los Angeles Police Department, but after testing the gun for ballistics it showed the gun they were given was not the one used to kill Tupac.

That person also says LAPD told Metro investigators they had another weapon possibly used in Tupac's murder, but authorities in Las Vegas have never been given access to that test that weapon.

In an interview on the BET show "Death Row Chronicles," Keffe D explained he is the only person still alive with the details of Tupac's death, and the reason he is speaking up now is because he has cancer.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/38574262/...-tupacs-murder

New revelations alleged regarding the death of Tupac Shakur

By KTVU Staff
    FOX 5 DC

Las Vegas police investigators are responding to claims made by a former gang member that he knows who shot and killed Tupac Shakur, a rap legend who lived in Oakland.

Duane Keith Davis, aka, Uncle Keefe D, a former gang leader from Compton says he was in the car when Tupac was killed in 1996 in a drive-by in Las Vegas. He also said in an interview for “Unsolved, the Tupac and Biggie Murders” that it was his nephew Orlando “Baby Lane” Anderson who killed Tupac in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas on Sept. 7, 1996, Fox News reported.

The Netflix documentary has been released in the United Kingdom only.

In a separate documentary about the murder, Davis revealed he was battling cancers and wants to confess to what happened on that night before it was too late.

Anderson, who has long been a suspect in this case, died two years after Shakur's death, in a shooting in Los Angeles. He had always maintained his innocence.

But police in Las Vegas say they've since spent months reviewing the case and that it's still an open homicide investigation.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Officer Laura Meltzer said in a statement that police are "aware of the statements made in the BET interview regarding the Tupac case. As a result of those statements we have spent the last several months reviewing the case in its entirety. Various reports that an arrest warrant is about to be submitted are inaccurate. This case still remains an open homicide case."

A change.org petition with nearly 2,500 signatures is calling for police to finally wrap up the Shakur case.

"It is time for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department to declare that the Tupac Shakur murder case has been "cleared," and to finally bring closure for Shakur's family, friends and fans," the petition reads "We are not demanding that Davis be arrested; that is for our justice system to decide. But it is a charade for law enforcement to continue to pretend that we still don't know who killed Tupac Shakur. And Las Vegas Metro PD can declare a case 'cleared' even if they don't present anyone with charges. All that it takes is the will to do it."

http://www.fox5dc.com/entertainment/...f-tupac-shakur

Binging this...really worth the watch!
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Police Serve New Warrant in Connection With 1996 Murder of Tupac Shakur

No arrests have ever been made in the case involving the killing of the rapper in Las Vegas

BY: MATTHEW STRAUSS

Police in Nevada are still actively investigating the unsolved 1996 murder of Tupac Shakur and recently executed a search warrant, CBS News reports. In a statement, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said, “LVMPD can confirm a search warrant was served in Henderson, Nevada, on July 17, 2023, as part of the ongoing Tupac Shakur homicide investigation. We will have no further comment at this time.”

Shakur was shot in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas in September 1996. He died from his wounds in a hospital six days later. No arrests have ever been made in the murder case, but the state does not have a statute of limitations on homicides.

In 2018, USA Network aired the show Unsolved about the murders of Tupac Shakur and the Notorious B.I.G.

https://pitchfork.com/news/police-se...ac-shakur/amp/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information