Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ricky Allen Dubose - Georgia

Edited:

Dubose now sits on death row following conviction, sentence

By Billy Hobbs
    Union-Recorder

EATONTON, Ga. — Convicted double-murderer Ricky Allen “Juvie” Dubose now has a new distinction.

At 29, he is believed to be the youngest prison inmate on death row in Georgia.

After a jury of six men and six women from Glynn County convicted him of the June 13, 2017, shooting deaths of Sgt. Curtis Billue and Sgt. Christopher Monica, jurors heard emotional testimony from family members and other state witnesses during rebuttal testimony. The jurors later recommended the death penalty.

The trial judge in the case, Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit Superior Court Judge Alison T. Burleson, agreed with the jurors and affixed Dubose’s sentence as death last Thursday afternoon in Putnam County Superior Court.

During the rebuttal portion of the penalty phase, Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District Attorney T. Wright Barksdale III told jurors exactly why Dubose deserved no less punishment than death.

Barksdale was aided in the prosecution of Dubose by Chief Assistant District Attorney Allison Mauldin and Assistant District Attorney Blyne May, as well as Putnam County Sheriff Howard R. Sills.

https://www.unionrecorder.com/news/d...3aefd0f25.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Convicted murderer Ricky DuBose kills himself while on death row

By Brittany Miller
    WGXA-TV News

BUTTS COUNTY, Ga. -- Ricky Dubose has committed suicide.

According to Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills, Dubose killed himself while on death row at Jackson State Prison.

Dubose was found guilty of capital murder in June 2022 after killing two corrections officers while escaping from a prison bus in Putnam County.

After being sentenced to death, the judge ordered for the sentence to be carried out no sooner than July 18 and no later than July 25, 2022.

There are no further details at this time.

https://wgxa.tv/news/local/convicted...e-on-death-row
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

That was a quick execution. One less tax drain for us.

There are conspiracy theories going around that he was murdered by the COs.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    The state of Georgia will never be able to prove it. He's just another tragic story that fell through the system. May he rest in HELL !!!! And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. ��������

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    The only thing I'm displeased by in reading this, is that Lowe has been sentenced to life without parole, so the families of the victims will never be able to see the killers of their dear ones on the gurney.

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    aaand nothing of value was lost.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information