Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Letter to Governor Scott

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    Exactly. If Arkansas can attempt to execute 8 in 10 days then there is no reason why Florida cant have 40-50 a year.

Florida replaced midazolam with etomidate starting with the Mark Asay execution.
    Scott might be apprehensive with signing alot of death warrants since he is running for US Senate. The loud mouth antis would be all over him accusing him of using the death penalty to further his political career. I would hope he would order at least 2 a month.There are numerous inmates who have exhausted all appeals who did not get any benefit from Hurst. This was well known before the Florida Supreme Court began turning down around 100 claims the past few months.

You are right about etomidate. My mistake. And yes, that is the point, to hold him accountable to do his job. If people in Florida were more vocal of their support for capital punishment, I bet he would be signing dates left and right.

Before you send an e-mail, may i have a look at the draft e-mail by PM? We are interested to see what you write but have to remain private. Thanks!

The original post is the draft. I am asking everyone's input, and for everyone to comment or PM any suggestions and/or corrections.

The use of exclamation points and capitalization in the letter is unprofessional.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

If I were governor I would probably try to pull 3 doubles every month, given the current backlog. But getting that many doses is nigh impossible, for sure. Hopefully Scott at least signs a couple more. Imagine if the colossal waste of time that was Glossip v. Gross and the abomination that is Hurst v. Florida hadn't happened. He'd have way more.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    The use of exclamation points and capitalization in the letter is unprofessional.
    Good. Not trying to sound professional. I'm trying to show that we are ordinary citizens, who are extremely pissed off that these people committed murder, extremely pissed off that death sentences have taken so long to carry out, and absolutely, flat-out outraged and disgusted at governor's refusal to do his job, and we are holding him accountable.

But getting that many doses is nigh impossible, for sure.
    Is it really though? I'm sure if they fork over the cash, they can get their hands on it. We've already spent millions on trials, incarceration and appeals, so what's a few more tens or hundreds of thousands?
    Last edited by one_two_bomb; 04-22-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Governor Scott has overseen more executions than any other Florida governor. He has done more for the DP than almost any other governor in a state where the governor is involved in the death penalty. I don't think a lot of your accusations are really fair. I wish he would sign more too right now but he's better than a lot of governors.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Just because he has signed more warrants than his predecessors, does not mean he is doing as much as he can. The previous governors did not have 127 warrant eligible inmates. The majority of them exhausted their appeals during Scott's tenure as governor.

To be fair, I am not placing the blame squarely on Scott's shoulders. In fact, the majority of the blame rests with us. If more people were angry about murder, and displayed this anger, politicians would take action. That is what I am trying to do, by rallying the citizens together to show that we do have an opinion. The antis voice their opinion. You know on twitter on an execution night, 90% of tweets are from anti-death penalty activists. While I commend you and people like 'The Death Watch' for getting out there on social media, the antis are actually lobbying and writing politicians as well. They are very passionate about their cause, and they are winning.

Furman wasn't decided until public support for capital punishment was at an all time low, and that was the beginning of the end of the death penalty. Furman is the root cause, while Hurst, Atkins, soon to be Madison, etc are just direct symptoms. There will continue to be more and more restrictions placed as a result of Furman, which is a result of public opinion. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the courts rule imposing the death penalty for murder committed by shooting with a gun is unconstitutionally cruel. Pretty soon, in order to qualify for a capital murder, you will have to rape someone, stab them 1,000x with a knife, decapitate them, take a crap down their neck while masturbating, and afterwards pray to satan. Oh, and the victim has to be under the age of 6.

We may not be able stop the eventual abolishment of capital punishment. But, it's possible we can help increase the number of executions that take place before then.
    Last edited by one_two_bomb; 04-22-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information