Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Fidel Alliniece - Oklahoma Death Row

Joseph Fidel Alliniece - Oklahoma Death Row

Brittani Young

April 25, 2018

Metro Woman Murdered, Family Fights For Justice

By Bonnie Campo
    News9.com

NORMAN, Oklahoma - Police have identified the victim from a homicide at a Norman apartment complex on Tuesday as 27-year-old Brittani Young.

Family said Young had only lived at the Emerald Green Apartments for about a month, but was found dead inside her home.

“She was tiny, she was so tiny, but she could not have defended herself from this man,” said cousin Destiny Traster.

Officers were first called out to the scene in the 2800 block of Dewey Avenue just before 3 p.m. on Tuesday. There they found Young with apparent trauma to her head. One of the 911 calls came from Young’s own mother.

Dispatch: what's wrong with your daughter?

Dispatch: ma'am I can not understand you, what's wrong with your daughter?

Caller: she's dead

A witness told police she saw the suspect, 29-year-old Joseph Alliniece, stomping on Young’s head as she was on the ground. Another witness said she heard Young screaming from inside the apartment before seeing Alliniece running from the scene.

After a manhunt, Alliniece was taken into custody in Oklahoma City near SW 89thStreet and S. May Avenue, Tuesday evening.

“She was not just somebody who got murdered, she was our family. She was everything, and now he took that from every single one of us,” said another cousin Shelby Anderson.

Alliniece was transported to the Norman Investigations Center for questioning before being booked into the Cleveland County Detention Center on a complaint of first-degree murder.

http://www.news9.com/story/38044475/...ts-for-justice
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

April 28, 2018

Loved Ones Want Death Penalty For Norman Murder Victim’s Killer

By Jessie Mitchell
    News9.com

NORMAN, Oklahoma - Family and friends of a homicide victim in Norman spent Saturday paying tribute to her memory. Brittani Young was brutally murdered in her apartment on Tuesday.

Her loved ones are focusing on remembering happier times and seeking justice. Brittani's beautiful face will never be seen in person again, and her family says because of this heinous crime, her killer deserves the death penalty.

They released balloons in remembrance and prayer, as their tears flowed freely, mourning a life cut short at just 27 years old. “She was fun,” says Brittani’s father Todd Roberts. “She smiled all the time. You won’t see a picture where she wasn’t smiling.”

Brittani's loved ones are all trying to understand why her killer decided to turn on her, stomping on her head until she was gone. Her husband Steve Young tells me the suspect, Joe Alliniece, was a shadow from her past, who made threats to her over text messages multiple times.

An ex-cop himself, Young wishes he could have protected his wife. He says, “Never in my worst dreams did I ever think this guy would ever show up again, but here we are.”

Young and Roberts now say there is only one punishment that fits the crime. “I hope he gets the death penalty,” says Roberts. “I hope the DA is strong enough not to plea bargain, because I don’t want to accept anything less than a death penalty.”

Young adds, “If it was your own daughter, if it was your wife, what would you want? All I want is justice.”

They hope to address domestic violence on a wider scale, so Brittani's spirit can live on, with a purpose. “We’ve got to look toward the future, not the past,” says Young. “She’s in heaven she accepted Jesus. She’s in heaven. Let’s stay focused on that.”

Once her autopsy is complete, Brittani's funeral will be held in Kentucky. Her family is collecting donations for expenses. To donate, click here.

http://www.news9.com/story/38066418/...victims-killer
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Norman Mother Speaks Out After Her Daughter Was Brutally Murdered

By Bonnie Campo
    News9.com

NORMAN, Oklahoma - The mother of murder victim, Brittani Young described the justice she wants after her daughter was brutally murdered inside a Norman apartment last month.

Brittani's mother, Stacy Roberts-Rasberry said she found her daughter at the Emerald Green Apartments with severe head trauma, lifeless on the floor.

"I went on my knees and put my hands on her to ask if she was ok, and I knew she wasn't ok, but I just wanted to make sure that she was not there no more," said Stacy.

Stacy said she wasn't alone in the room. Brittani's best friend, and her friends child had been kidnapped by the suspect, 29-year-old Joseph Alliniece.

Police said Alliniece ran from the apartments, but was caught hours later in Oklahoma City.

The suspect had known the victim for years.

Brittani's family is hoping Alliniece will receive the death penalty.

"He doesn't deserve to breath. He doesn't deserve to eat bologna sandwiches. He doesn't deserve anything," said Stacy.

Days before the murder, Stacy said he told her he wanted to marry her daughter. Now, she's warning others about the dangers of domestic violence.

"I hope no mother ever has to see their daughter laying dead and her face, her face. He didn't just punch her. He kicked her and he caved her face in. He caved her face in. For what? Why? Why? Why? Why? She was so beautiful," said Stacy

Joseph Alliniece has a history of assault in his home state of Texas.

The victim's family said had they known that, they might have been able to protect Brittani.

http://www.news9.com/story/38165826/...tally-murdered

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Legend CharlesMartel's Avatar
    Cleveland County DA Seeking Death Penalty In Norman Murder

BY JESSI MITCHELL
    NEWS 9

NORMAN, Oklahoma - A murder trial is moving forward in Norman, with the death penalty now on the table as a possible punishment.

Joe Alliniece is accused of brutally murdering Brittani Young earlier this year, and her family has been seeking capital punishment since the beginning.

District Attorney Greg Mashburn says this case meets four out of the seven qualifying factors for a death penalty trial, due to the nature of the crime and Alliniece’s criminal history.

Alliniece is a convicted felon with a violent past, who Mashburn says is a continued threat to public safety. Additionally, he is accused of stomping on Brittani Young's head until she was dead back in April, and eyewitnesses say he continued to do so as they were held hostage in Young's apartment.

“We don’t ask for the death penalty in every murder case,” said Mashburn. “There has to be those aggravating circumstances. And so, it should be reserved for the worst of the worst.”

Young's family feels a sense of relief that the case is moving forward with capital punishment because they agree it fits the crime. Her husband Steve says the grief is still fresh. “I didn’t make the law, but I do believe in the law, and that’s what the law calls for, for what he’s done,” he said.

Mashburn says he has been consulting the family throughout the process, and says a plea deal was never an option for Alliniece. He says a conviction will not happen overnight, though. “Most cases, this is going to take a long time,” Mashburn says, “so this is one of those were we, you know tell the family, it’s a marathon not a sprint. There’s going to be ups and downs, and these cases take a long time to get to trial.”

Young's family says they are prepared for the long haul, as long as in the end they find justice for a life taken too soon. Her husband says, “I don’t care if I’m 120 years old. I’ll be at every single appeal. I’ll be at every single time he tries to get parole for the rest of my life.”

Alliniece will appear for his preliminary hearing in this case on Nov. 16.

http://www.news9.com/story/38801172/...-norman-murder
    In the Shadow of Your Wings
    1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!

This is being prosecuted in the same county and by the same DA who put Alton Nolen on death row.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

We don't most of the times ,have the correct news on the web.
    1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!

Key Witness Gives Emotional Testimony In Norman Murder Case

By Lisa Monahan
    9 News

CLEVELAND COUNTY, Oklahoma - A witness confronted an accused killer with an emotional testimony in a Cleveland County courtroom.

Joe Alliniece is accused of stomping Brittani Young to death inside her apartment in Norman in April.

Prosecutors called only one witness during the preliminary hearing.

Kelly Nipper, the victim's friend, and two-year-old daughter were held captive when they stumbled upon the crime scene, according to authorities.

Nipper offered vivid details about the scene and Alliniece's behavior after the killing.

"He was sweating, it was so hot in there because of all the energy he put into it," she testified.

District Attorney Greg Mashburn alleges Alliniece had been arguing with the victim.

He allegedly stomped on her head repeatedly and left her lifeless on the floor.

The medical examiner determined Young died of blunt force trauma to the head.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Mashburn said Alliniece has a history of violence and is a threat to society.

The state also indicated the crime was heinous and cruel.

The defense did not dispute the brutality of the crime but Alliniece's attorney, Mitch Solomon, said, "the brutality does not suggest he intended to kill."

Prosecutors disagree.

"We believe the fact that he stomped her on her head shows his clear intent in this case," said Mashburn

A Cleveland County jury will have to decide. The judge ruled there is enough evidence for Alliniece to stand trial on murder, kidnapping, and robbery charges.

He is due back in court on Thursday, December 20.

http://www.news9.com/story/39497972/...an-murder-case

Trial Date Set for Man Accused in Heinous Metro Murder Case

By Bonnie Campo
    News 9

It was a dramatic day in Cleveland County Court following the formal arraignment of Joseph Alliniece.

A trial date was set for February in what investigators are calling a “heinous” and “brutal” murder.

Joseph Alliniece is accused of killing Brittani Young in her apartment in April of 2018.

Police said he appeared to have used brute force, and stomped Young’s head in.

Alliniece is facing the death penalty, and family hopes that will be his final sentence.

They are also advocating that this send a message to suspects of domestic violence.

“To just have her ripped from me for no reason, no reason at all. It's so senseless,” said Brandi Murphy, the sister of the alleged victim.

Young's own mother discovered her daughter’s body.

She said she came by her apartment to check-on her, and instead walked into the crime scene.

But she said she wasn’t the only one to witness what happened.

Alliniece is also accused of kidnapping two other victims while he was inside Young’s apartment.

Kelly Nipper said she was forced to stand there with her young daughter and watch in disbelief.

She is expected to testify in the case.

“I am afraid of reliving that day, but I know when the day comes, God is gonna give me the words,” said Nipper.

Family watched Alliniece leave the courtroom, and tensions were high.

Reporter: Joesph anything to say?

Alliniece: (No Response)

Young’s Family: Little b****, that's what you are.

Alliniece: F*** Y'all.

Family ran to confront the suspect, but deputies prevented any physical altercations.

Young’s loved ones said they will continue to be patient, and have faith that justice will eventually be served.

https://www.news9.com/story/40814365...ro-murder-case

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Death penalty jury trial set to begin Monday

by Jamie Berry, Norman Transcript

Cleveland County District Court will begin a new set of jury trials April 12, including a death penalty case involving a Texas man.

Joseph Fidel Alliniece, 32, of Missouri City, Texas, will stand before a jury in District Judge Lori Walkley’s courtroom following the 2018 death of Norman resident Brittani Young, 27.

According to a Norman police affidavit, officers found Young on April 24, 2018, dead inside her Emerald Greens Apartments residence. Police believe Alliniece stomped her to death.

Alliniece also faces two counts of kidnapping and one count of robbery by force or fear — all felonies — because one of Young’s friends and the friend’s 2-year-old daughter were inside the apartment and witnessed the alleged murder.

According to the affidavit, Alliniece fled the scene, but was arrested that night by Oklahoma City Police Department officers around South 89th Street and May Avenue in Oklahoma City. He was taken to the Norman Investigations Center for questioning, where he told police he couldn’t remember anything that happened that day.

He is being held on $5 million bond at the Cleveland County Detention Center, state court records show. According to the Oklahoma State Courts Network, Alliniece’s attorneys include Benjamin Charles Brown, Shae Sealy Raven, Shae Lynn Smith and Mitchell Solomon.

The Cleveland County District Attorney’s Office filed for the death penalty in August 2018. The office last sought the death penalty in a 2014 beheading case involving Alton Nolen.

Nolen was convicted of six counts, including first-degree murder and five counts of assault and battery with a deadly weapon. The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals upheld Nolen’s conviction and death sentence in mid-March.

In unrelated charges, Alliniece was charged Wednesday in county court with a felony count of sexual battery for allegedly touching a woman’s chest inside a bathroom April 2.

A Cleveland County Sheriff’s deputy was told about 12:05 p.m. April 2 that a woman claimed Alliniece followed her into a bathroom and grabbed her chest without her consent. Alliniece was interviewed Tuesday and admitted to going into the bathroom, but told deputies “I didn’t do anything, bro.” He refused to say more and was returned to his cell.

Cleveland County District Judge Jeff Virgin, who is serving as chief judge this year, said 120 jurors are coming in for Alliniece’s case. Those will be narrowed down over a week to a jury pool of 12, with at least four alternates.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Virgin said jurors’ initial reporting times will be staggered between four times: 8:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.

Walkley is bringing in her own jury pool due to the prosecution’s death penalty request. Her jurors must fill out questionnaires, then meet in groups of 15 at a time over several days until the pool has been narrowed to 70. The prosecution and defense will then begin choosing jury members.

Virgin said jurors must wear masks, and social distancing will be implemented. Jurors also will be asked if they have COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in close contact with someone who has it. Additionally, during the trial, hand sanitizer will be available and door handles and microphones will be wiped between witnesses.

Virgin said temperature checks at the door could be possible, but that process was still undecided Thursday morning.

https://www.normantranscript.com/new...d42f2c2c8.html

Jury Selection Begins For Trial Of Man Charged In 2018 Beating Death Of Norman Woman

By Brittany Toolis
    news9.com

Jury selection is underway for a Norman man charged with stomping a woman to death.
    Joseph Alliniece is charged with killing Brittani Young in 2018 and if convicted could face the death penalty.

Monday’s jury selection for the murder trial of Alliniece was delayed for a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic; but prosecutors said the delay won't hurt their case.

The first small group of jurors was reduced from 15 to 8 in the first round of jury qualification.

"We have over 100 jurors scheduled to come in,” Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn said. “[We want to] get it narrowed down to 70 jurors to do the actual jury selection. The remainder of that 15 will then come back to be part of our 70 that we’re going to talk to.”

Investigators said in 2018, Alliniece beat Young to death in her Norman apartment. It’s because of the gruesome nature of the case, the death penalty is on the table.

The Cleveland County district attorney said right now, both sides are focused on finding the best jurors to hear the case.

“We’re just making sure jurors can consider all three punishments, life with parole, life without parole, and the death penalty,” Mashburn said. “The law requires the jurors to meaningfully consider all three of those punishments so both sides will go through and ask questions to try and determine that.”

The trial is starting a year late because of the virus, but the DA said time lapse is something they're used to.

“Three years is still not uncommon in a death penalty case. We’ve tried death penalty cases four years after the murder so anything from a year and a half to three or four years is not uncommon,” Mashburn explained.

Officials said this week will be for jury selection with the trial beginning next Monday. Alliniece is facing kidnapping and robbery charges on top of first-degree murder.

https://www.news9.com/story/6074c8f0...f-norman-woman

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information