Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Oneal III Sentenced to 3 Life Sentences Plus 60 Years in 2018 FL Murder of Kenyatta Barron and Ron’Niveya Oneal

Edited:

Ronnie O'Neal Trial: Jury recommends life in prison

Bay 9 News

UPDATE: The jury has recommended life in prison without the possibility of parole for convicted murderer Ronnie O'Neal.

He was convicted of brutally killing his girlfriend Kenyatta Barron and their daughter Ron'Niveya.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...-o-neal-s-fate
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

You can’t be serious. After hearing about everything he did to the victims they want to spare his life
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Member Member
    I think, in spending a week watching him and listening to him, the jury got to know him a little bit. I watched several clips and while you don’t believe him, he came across as likeable, or at least, not unlikeable, in the court room. He didn’t come across as scary or threatening, he came across as a person struggling and inexperienced in court, but trying his best to improvise and do as good of a job as he could. I think the jury saw the human in him and it’s harder to sentence someone like that to death, I think.

I think, had he let a lawyer represent him the whole time and said nothing, he probably would have got death. Probably not a conscious strategy on his part, but I think that’s what happened.

I think Ronnie O’Neal is a Jekyl/Hyde personality and the jury saw the more likeable, appealing side to him, not the obviously very ugly and horrifically dangerous side to him that landed him there in the first place.
    Last edited by Opinions; 07-21-2021 at 11:19 PM.

It’s up to the judge his fate. She’s the same one who sentenced Bobby Joe Long, Granville Ritchie and several others to death

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Wilso
    Ronnie O'Neal gets three life sentences plus 60 years

1:40 p.m. update: Our newsgathering partner, Tampa Bay Times, reports that O'Neal has received three consecutive life sentences and an additional 60 years.

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — Ronnie O'Neal, who is convicted of brutally killing his girlfriend Kenyatta Barron and their daughter Ron'Niveya on March 28, 2018, was formally sentenced on Friday.

In June this year, a jury recommended life in prison without the possibility of parole for O'Neal.

The family of Barron and Ron'Niveya were given a chance to speak during the sentencing.

"I sat in court and watched him make a mockery of the court," Barron's mother said. "My daughter should be here right now. I wish you would have gotten the death penalty, but at the end of the day, you still got the death penalty."

"I don't have any sympathy for you at all," says sister of victim Kenyatta Barron. "I pray that everyday you think about what you did to my sister and my niece."

O'Neal also got a chance to address the victims' family during his sentencing. While he said no one could love Barron or his children more than he does, he also said he is not sorry for the things he did.

“I’m not sorry for the things I did not do. And I’m not sorry for the things I did do.” Ronnie O’Neal says during his sentencing. “But I will say I’m sorry for your loss.”

O'Neal defended himself through most of the trial, even questioning his son who said his dad tried burning him to death.

It took the jury about four and a half hours to find O’Neal guilty on all counts. O’Neal argued he killed Barron but only because she killed their daughter with special needs.

The jury agreed with prosecutors that O’Neal brutally murdered them both before stabbing and setting fire to his then-8-year-old son, attempting to kill him, too.

“Please don’t hold this against my family… Hold it against me… This is your day that you get justice…. I prefer death, but I’m not going to die.” Ronnie O’Neal says to family of victims.

Hillsborough County Judge Mischelle Sisco told O'Neal on Friday that she will be haunted for the rest of her life by the evidence she saw during the trial.

"This is the worst case I've ever seen, as far as the facts go," she said.

During the penalty phase of the trial, O'Neal requested a defense attorney, but by then, it was too late to mount any kind of meaningful defense.

Because the judge allowed O'Neal to represent himself during the trial, there is a host of issues that could be open to an appeal. Those issues could be fought out in the years to come after O'Neal's sentencing on Friday.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...cing-of-o-neal

Wilso
    Ronnie is a textbook sociopath

Him being spared is an atrocity and I’ve lost all respect for that judge. I hope the other inmates make his life a living hell for the rest of his pathetic life

Wilso
    Relatives condemn Ronnie Oneal as he gets life for killing girlfriend and daughter

The Riverview man killed his girlfriend and daughter, disemboweled his son, and set their Riverview house on fire.

TAMPA — Ariana Crumb, 11, wanted to be first to speak at the sentencing of the man who killed her aunt and cousin.

But when she sat down on the witness stand next to Judge Michelle Sisco, and looked out at Ronnie Oneal III, sitting calm and collected, she lost her nerve.

“Part of my heart is missing,” Crumb told the court.

Then she fell silent, answered a few questions from sympathetic attorneys, and quietly sat back down next to her family.

Oneal, 32, appeared in court for sentencing Friday, but it was largely a foregone conclusion. The jury that had found him guilty in the brutal murder of his girlfriend and their 9-year-old daughter and the attempted murder of their then-8-year-old son had already recommended a sentence of life in prison rather than the death penalty.

Sisco’s voice choked with emotion as she addressed Oneal and delivered three consecutive life sentences and an additional 60 years.

“Nineteen years I’ve been in this job,” Sisco said. “I’ve seen human beings killed by the hands of others in every way imaginable. This is the worst case I have ever seen.”

“I know I will be haunted for the rest of my life.”

Oneal shot and beat to death his girlfriend, Kenyatta Barron, 33, with a shotgun, killed their 9-year-old daughter Ron’Niveya Oneal with blows from a hatchet, and disemboweled their son Ronnie Oneal IV, 8 at the time, before pouring gasoline throughout the house and setting fire to it.

Sisco said it was all she could do to avoid bursting into tears while listening to a Hillsborough County firefighter sob through his testimony about finding the charred remains of little Ron’Niveya Oneal in the bedroom of the family’s Riverview home.

Even in the ruins of the home, crime scene photos show how the girl’s mother had worked to make her daughter’s bedroom like the home of a princess, Sisco said. She recalled testimony that the girl, who was autistic and had cerebral palsy, sat and munched Oreos and grapes as her mother read stories to her.

Barron’s mother, Carrie Lloyd, had advised her daughter not to let Oneal into her house. Friends and family wouldn’t take him in after he suffered a gunshot wound during a drive-by shooting, but Barron did in an act of kindness toward the father of her children — even though he had left her a single mother.

“I wish you would have gotten the death penalty,” Lloyd told a smirking Oneal on Friday. “Every action has a reaction, and the reaction to your actions is going to be sitting in your prison cell for the rest of your life with your thoughts.”

Daisatta Barron, the victim’s sister, said from the witness stand, “I don’t feel sorry for you. You were sent to kill, steal and destroy like the devil himself, and that’s what you are.”

Oneal was deemed fit to stand trial during psychiatric evaluations and represented himself at trial, presenting a defense marked by loud outbursts and conspiracy theories.

He said he hadn’t planned to speak at Friday’s hearing, but felt “really, really moved” to do so after listening to testimony from Barron’s family and his own, including his estranged father and grandmother.

“At first I want to say I’m not sorry for the things I didn’t do, and I’m not sorry for the things I did do,” Oneal said, yelling at the audience as his upset family members hurried out the door.

“But I will say I’m sorry for your loss,” he said, turning towards Barron’s family. “Everybody wants to point fingers and play the blame game without knowing actual facts. Everybody wants to talk justice without giving it.”

Oneal spoke at length to family members in the courtroom, refusing to face the judge even after she ordered him to do so. He said he would have preferred the death penalty over life in prison, but was saved by “the one true God.”

He spoke of how he fixed Barron’s car when it was broken and got the oil changed. He said he took the garbage out, opened the car door for his girlfriend, and gave Barron $400 every two weeks to help care for their children.

“There is not one person in this world who loved Kenyatta Barron more than me and there is not one person in this world who loved my children more than me,” Oneal told his victim’s family.

“Do I look like I’m insane to you? And if I don’t look insane, and if I’m able to represent myself in trial, you have to ask yourself why would a man kill his own children who he loved?”

Voices shouted out from the courtroom, “Because you’re evil.”

https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/...ack-on-family/

Member Member
    The fact that friends and family wouldn’t take him in after he was shot is very telling. Either they’re all shitty, uncaring people or he’s shown himself to be a very disruptive or dangerous to the home time and time again, everywhere he stays.

This is why Hurst should’ve never happened. It let Oneal and all them other bleeps get coddled by the justice system

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information