Thread: Sarah Nicole Henderson Sentenced to LWOP in 2017 TX Murder of KayLee and Kenlie Henderson

Sarah Nicole Henderson Sentenced to LWOP in 2017 TX Murder of KayLee and Kenlie Henderson

November 6, 2017

Texas mom planned to kill her two children weeks before, sheriff says

Fox 59 News

MABANK, Texas – A Texas mother accused of killing her two daughters admitted she had planned their deaths for at least two weeks, according to the Henderson County Sheriff.

Police were called to a home in Mabank on Wednesday night to a report a possible suicidal woman. When authorities arrived, they checked out the scene and were told that everything was fine.

Three hours later, a man called 911 from the same home to say the woman had shot her two daughters. Police found the bodies of the girls, 7-year-old KayLee and 5-year-old Kenlie.

The girls' mother, 29-year-old Sarah Nicole Henderson of Mabank, was arrested.

During the call to 911, Henderson can be heard in the background asking her husband, Jacob Henderson, "Why did I do that babe?"

Her husband, who is not the biological father of the two girls, can be heard telling the operator that his wife was "freaking out like someone is out to get her."

“What did I do, Lord? What did I do?” Sarah Henderson can be heard saying in the background. “Babe, why didn’t you tell me to calm down?”

“I told you that last night, you said you were fine," Jacob replies. "Why didn’t you say something?”

During a police interview, Sarah Henderson admitted she had planned to kill her children and her husband for at least two weeks, according to The Dallas Morning News. After shooting both girls, police say she aimed the gun at her husband but it jammed. She also planned to kill herself, according to authorities, and her husband told the operator she was trying to take the gun from him.

“Please just shoot me,” she can be heard saying.

“I’m not shooting you, no,” he said. “No, I can’t.”

The two girls were pronounced dead at the scene, both had gunshot wounds to the head.

Sarah Henderson is being held on $2 million bail at the Henderson County Jail. She has been charged with capital murder and is being held on suicide watch.

http://fox59.com/2017/11/06/texas-mo...-sheriff-says/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

DA to seek death penalty in Henderson case

By Kathi Nailling
    Athens Daily Review

Henderson County District Attorney Mark Hall intends to seek the death penalty against Sarah Henderson, the woman charged with capital murder in the shootings of her two young daughters.

“Although the state is making its election at this time not knowing the ultimate result of the evaluations, and whether the defendant is found to be competent or incompetent and later restored to competency, the state elects to seek the death penalty in this case in order to allow the jury that will hear the case the opportunity to impose the punishment it deems appropriate, should the defendant be found guilt of capital murder,” court records show.

Hall filed his election to seek death on Friday. He has said he had a June 1 deadline to make a decision on the punishment if Henderson is found guilty. A hearing was conducted on April 27 after defense attorneys filed a motion for examination to determine competency.

Judge Scott McKee of the 392nd Judicial District Court entered an order for examination to determine Henderson's competency. Dr. Tom Allen and Dr. Timothy Proctor were appointed to examine the defendant.

Henderson, 30, has pleaded not guilty after being indicted in January on two counts of capital murder, attempted murder and assault on a public servant. A jury trial has been scheduled for Jan. 28, 2019.

She was arrested on Nov. 2, 2017, at her Payne Springs home. Henderson County Sheriff Botie Hillhouse said at the time she had planned the murders of Kaylee and Kenlie for a couple of weeks and that she tried to kill her husband, Jacob Henderson, before the gun malfunctioned. The girls were 5 and 7.

In a 911 call, Jacob asked for help for his wife before asking a dispatcher to “disregard” the call. Three hours later, he made another 911 call to report that his wife had shot the girls in their heads.

“The assault on a public servant arose two days later while Henderson was being held in the Henderson County jail, where she is accused of striking a detention officer while he was attempting to release her from restraint,” according to reports.

McKee provided prosecutors and defense attorneys Steve Green and John Youngblood a restricted and protective order — that is, a gag order.

Henderson remains in the Henderson County jail on $1 million bond each on the capital cases and a combined $100,000 bond on the other counts.

http://www.athensreview.com/news/da-...59fbf28de.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Mother accused of shooting, killing daughters found competent to stand trial

By Emily Diebel
    easttexasmatters.com

HENDERSON COUNTY, Texas - An East Texas mother who is accused of shooting and killing her 2 daughters has been found competent to stand trial.

Sarah Nicole Henderson, 29, is charged with capital murder after the deaths of her 5 and 7-year-old daughters, KayLee Danielle, and Kenlie in November 2017.

Henderson had been ordered to go under a psychiatric evaluation in April. The notice of insanity defense was given August 22.

A competency hearing was held today, in the 392nd District Court of Henderson County.

Judicial records say the trial will take place January 28, 2019 in Henderson County.

https://www.easttexasmatters.com/new...ial/1391485331

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Legend CharlesMartel's Avatar
    Henderson trial rescheduled for April

By Kathi Nailling
    Athens Review

The capital-murder trial of Sarah Henderson, the mother accused of killing her two daughters, has been rescheduled for April 1.

A postponement was granted from Jan. 28.

“We plan to send out about 1,000 juror summonses sometime in February,” said Kevin Ensley, a clerk for the 392nd Judicial District Court. “The normal return on juror summons is about 21 percent.”

Because of the size of the jury pool, jury selection will be at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center. District Attorney Mark Hall said Judge Scott McKee will conduct voir dire on March 25.

Voir dire is a preliminary examination of prospective jurors.

“During this time, Judge McKee will explain to the possible jurors what qualifications will be needed to serve on the jury, such as whether the juror is a Henderson County resident or if the juror has any felony convictions. If a person is over 70 years old, they can opt out of jury duty or if they have children without supervision.”

Hall said that on April 1, he and Henderson's defense attorney will question each potential juror individually.

“This could take a couple of weeks,” he said.

Henderson, 30, pleaded not guilty after being indicted in January 2018 on two counts of capital murder, attempted murder and assault on a public servant. She remains in the Henderson County jail on a $2.1 million bond.

She was arrested on Nov. 2, 2017, at her Payne Springs home. Henderson County Sheriff Botie Hillhouse said at the time she had planned the murders of Kaylee and Kenlie for a couple of weeks and that she tried to kill her husband, Jacob Henderson, before the gun malfunctioned. The girls were 5 and 7.

“The assault on a public servant arose two days later while Henderson was being held in the Henderson County jail, where she is accused of striking a detention officer while he was attempting to release her from restraint,” according to reports.

https://www.athensreview.com/news/lo...f3bc388e4.html
    In the Shadow of Your Wings
    1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!

Edited:

Mabank woman's capital murder trial rescheduled to August

By LouAnna Campbell
    Tyler Morning Telegraph

The trial for a Henderson County woman accused of killing her two children in November 2017 has been rescheduled and slated to begin Aug. 5 with jury selection scheduled for July 30, according to Henderson County judicial records.

Sarah Nicole Henderson, 31, of Mabank is accused of killing her two daughters, ages 5 and 7, and allegedly trying to shoot her husband as well. Both girls were shot about 2:30 a.m. on Nov. 3 in their home. A third child was not home at the time of the shooting.

Henderson pleaded not guilty to the capital murder charges on Jan. 26, 2018.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/ma...98caca876.html

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Henderson County woman pleads guilty to murder of her 2 children, sentenced to life in prison

Sarah Henderson, 31, appeared in the 392nd District Court of Judge Scott McKee at 4 p.m. Wednesday for the plea hearing

By LouAnna Campbell

Tyler Morning Telegraph

HENDERSON COUNTY, Texas — A Mabank woman accused of murdering her two children has pleaded guilty to capital murder and will be sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Sarah Henderson, 31, appeared in the 392nd District Court of Judge Scott McKee at 4 p.m. Wednesday for the plea hearing.

The suspect, who was found competent to stand trial in August 2018, faced two counts of capital murder of a person under 10 years old, one count of attempted murder and one count of assault on a public servant.

https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/lo...d-5a124e4760a2

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information