Thread: Ricky Allen Fackrell - Federal Death Row

Ricky Allen Fackrell - Federal Death Row

Ricky Allen Fackrell

White supremacists sentenced to death for murdering fellow gang member in Beaumont prison

By Sara Coella
    The Dallas Morning News

Two inmates were sentenced to death Wednesday for murdering a fellow white supremacist gang member in a federal prison in Beaumont.

Ricky Fackrell, 34, and Christopher Cramer, 36, fatally stabbed Leo Johns in June 2014 after three months of conspiring to do so, according to information presented in court.

All three men were identified as members of the Soldiers of the Aryan Culture prison gang.

"White supremacists subscribe to a repugnant, hateful ideology," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said. "This department will continue to prosecute violent criminals with the aggressiveness and relentlessness necessary in cases like these."

A federal jury convicted both men of murder in the first degree after a six-day trial ending May 9. The Beaumont jury sentenced them to death after eight hours of deliberation, and district judge Marcia Crone sentenced them accordingly.

"When the murder happens in a prison, it is clear that the defendants are always going to be a danger," U.S. Attorney Joseph Brown said. "This was an appropriate case for the death penalty and we will continue to seek that punishment in the worst cases."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-prison-inmate
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Death sentence affirmed by the Fifth Circuit.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...021-03-11.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

The panel was made up of Judges Stewart (Clinton), Duncan (Trump) and Wilson (Trump).

Petition for certiorari denied.

Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
    Case Numbers: (18-40598)
    Decision Date: March 12, 2021
    Rehearing Denied: May 17, 2021

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/21-5991.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

On March 20, 2023, Fackrell filed a habeas petition in Federal District Court.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/te...cv00119/221091

Thread Information