Thread: Dennis Lane Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 GA Slaying of Mirsha Victor and Conteshia McCoy

Dennis Lane Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 GA Slaying of Mirsha Victor and Conteshia McCoy

Conteshia McCoy

Mirsha Victor

Murder suspect took cellphone video as he violated DeKalb woman’s body, police say

By Henri Hollis
    Atlanta Journal Constitution

A man suspected of murder in the death of a DeKalb County woman is also accused of sexually violating her lifeless body and filming it on his cellphone.

New details have emerged about the killing of 23-year-old Mirsha Victor, whose remains were found Tuesday in Henry County and later identified by the coroner. A second set of remains were found in the same area, also belonging to a woman, but they have not been positively identified.

Dennis Lane, 41, was arrested July 9, just one day after Victor was reported missing from the Panthersville area. Along with two other suspects, Cleounsee Fisher and Ronisha Preckwinkle, Lane is charged with murder, false imprisonment and tampering with evidence, jail records show.

Lane is also facing a charge of necrophilia related to the footage Henry County police said they found on his phone, according to an arrest warrant obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Henry County police became involved after Lane used Victor’s phone to call her mother July 9, asking her to meet him at his apartment on Hudson Bridge Terrace in Stockbridge. The woman brought along police reinforcements, the Henry agency said in an initial report.

While Lane was being detained in a patrol car, investigators noticed a mattress with possible bloodstains in a dumpster across the street from his apartment, the report said. Inside the apartment, they found “blood on the floor, in the bathroom, and a mattress missing,” a Henry officer said in the report.

Though Victor’s body had not been located at that time, the arrest warrant revealed that the woman appeared to be dead in a July 8 video investigators found on Lane’s phone. That video and other information gathered during the preliminary investigation allowed police to proceed with charges even before Tuesday’s grisly discovery.

“After killing and raping the victim, the accused disposed of the body and physical evidence with aid from Cleounsee Fisher and Ronisha Preckwinkle,” an officer said in the warrant. “Other physical evidence of this murder and other possible murders have also been discovered in the residence.”

Officials have not said what led them to the busy area near the intersection of Hudson Bridge Road and Oakwood Manor Drive, where the two women’s remains were discovered. Last week, police announced they had located Victor’s car, a black Ford Mustang convertible, but did not provide further details.

According to a police spokesman, investigators are following leads “for any potential additional victims.” Only two sets of human remains connected to the case had been found as of Friday, Capt. Randy Lee confirmed to the AJC. Another set of remains found in the Campground Road area earlier in the month is not related to the homicide investigation, he said.

Lane is registered as a sex offender and was convicted of predatory criminal sexual assault in Illinois, according to the GBI. The 1999 case involved the rape of a 10-year-old girl, Channel 2 Action News reported. After serving a 20-year sentence, Lane was released on parole in May 2019, Illinois court records show.

He has lived with Fisher, his brother, in the Stockbridge complex for about a year. In that time, police had been called to their home five times, according to Channel 2.

One of those calls, according to a police report obtained by the AJC, was June 21, 2020, in response to Fisher shooting and killing his adult nephew, Lane’s son. The shooting was preceded by an argument between Fisher and Travion Lane, who was wanted on a larceny charge in Illinois at the time and was considered armed and dangerous, the report said. Fisher and his brother allowed the younger Lane to keep guns hidden in a cable box behind their apartment, so Fisher knew that his nephew had easy access to weapons, police said.

In the course of the argument, Fisher went upstairs to get his own gun, according to the report. When he returned, he found Travion Lane “advancing aggressively toward him” with a kitchen knife, the report said. Fisher fired one round, hitting his nephew in the neck. The injury proved fatal, but investigators determined the shooting was in self-defense thanks to Travion Lane’s history of violent crime, possession of a deadly weapon and access to additional weapons nearby.

The warrants for Fisher and Preckwinkle, also obtained by the AJC, brought their suspected roles into focus. Police believe Fisher helped remove the bloodstained mattress from the apartment, according to the warrant for his arrest. Investigators also believe Preckwinkle was present at the apartment when the killing and rape happened, and that she removed items from the home to her car after the incident, her warrant said.

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-hu...B32MZL4GCOF3Y/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Body found in Stockbridge confirmed as missing DeKalb County woman

By Heather Middleton
    Henry Herald

STOCKBRIDGE — One set of remains found in Stockbridge on July 19 has been identified as a woman reported missing earlier this month.

Henry County Coroner Donald Cleveland confirmed one of the bodies found was that of Mirsha Victor near Oakwood Manor Drive and Hudson Bridge Road.

The 23-year-old DeKalb County woman was reported missing July 8.

On July 9, Henry County police arrested Dennis Lane, Cleounsee Fisher and Ronisha Preckwinkle at the Hudson Bridge Town Homes and charged them with murder, tampering with evidence and false imprisonment. Lane has also been charged with necrophilia.

DeKalb County detectives were led to the home after Lane called Victor’s cell phone and spoke to her mother, Marie Elien, requesting he speak with her in person at his home. A search of Lane’s home revealed blood on the floor, in the bathroom and a missing mattress. A mattress that appeared to have blood stains on it was found in the Dumpster across from Lane’s home.

It’s unclear what involvement Fisher and Preckwinkle’s allegedly had in Victor’s death.

Cleveland said he is still waiting for identification confirmation on the second victim.

https://www.henryherald.com/news/bod...13d189fae.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

2nd set of remains found in Stockbridge are Locust Grove woman, coroner says

By Henri Hollis
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Henry County officials have identified the second set of remains found in the woods near a Stockbridge shopping center July 20.

The remains belonged to 19-year-old Conteshia McCoy of Locust Grove, the Henry County Coroner’s Office confirmed to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Her body was found at the same time as DeKalb County woman Mirsha Victor, 23, who was killed nearly two weeks before the discovery of the remains.

Three people have been arrested and charged with murder related to Victor’s death: Dennis Lane, Cleounsee Fisher and Ronisha Preckwinkle. Police have not said if the deaths of the two women are connected.

McCoy had been missing since mid-February, according to Locust Grove police. She left her home the evening of Feb. 13 with an unknown person in a gray sedan, according to a police flyer.

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-2n...OG5KYAEV6OVCE/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Dennis Lane charged with murder of Locust Grove woman found in Stockbridge

By Heather Middleton
    Henry Herald

STOCKBRIDGE — An additional murder charge has been added to the list of crimes Dennis Lane is facing, according to Henry County police.

Lane has been charged with the murder of Conteshia McCoy, 19. Her remains were found alongside Mirsha Victor, 23, in Stockbridge on July 19.

Lane, Cleounsee Fisher and Ronisha Preckwinkle have been charged with the murder of Victor, tampering with evidence and false imprisonment. Lane was also charged with necrophilia.

Both women had been reported missing.

Lane reportedly worked with Victor. It’s unclear how he came to know McCoy.

The cause of death has not been determined for either woman.

https://www.henryherald.com/news/den...981540636.html

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Judge denies bond for 3 accused of killing women, dumping bodies behind shopping center

By Tynisha Fernandez
    WSBTV News

HENRY COUNTY, Ga. — Three suspects accused of killing at least two women and burying them behind a shopping plaza were denied bond Tuesday.

Dennis Lane, his brother, Cleounsee Fisher, and Ronisha Preckwinkle are facing several charges, including murder.

Channel 2′s Tyisha Fernandes learned Tuesday that the case has not yet been presented to a grand jury because there is no official cause of death for one of the victims.

The district attorney’s office said an autopsy report is key to the case.

Judge Brian Amero denied bond for Lane, Preckwinkle and Fisher on Tuesday. They are accused of killing Mirscha Victor, 23, and burying her body behind a busy shopping plaza.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/hen...HSTJEPXRZKGME/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Man Who Recorded Himself Raping Co-Worker’s Corpse Sentenced to Life for Double Murder

By Alberto Luperon
    Law & Crime

A Georgia man pleaded guilty on Tuesday to murdering two young women. Henry County Superior Court Judge Brian J. Amero immediately sentenced Dennis Lane, 42, to consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole.

According to prosecutors, Lane murdered Conteshia McCoy, 19, sometime between Feb. 12 and April 3, 2021, then hid her body. Months later, on July 8, he shot and killed co-worker Mirsha Victor, 23, in his home in the city of Stockbridge, then made a video of himself raping her corpse. Both bodies were found together in woods.

Lane pleaded guilty to two counts each of malice murder, felony murder, and concealing the death of another. He also admitted to one count each of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, necrophilia, and tampering with evidence.

The women’s friends and family asked for maximum sentences, Henry County prosecutors said.

Lane was previously convicted in Illinois of raping a 10-year-old girl. He moved to Georgia after leaving prison, according to Atlanta ABC affiliate WSB-TV.

The mothers of both McCoy and Victor each shared similar accounts: Lane claimed he wanted to marry their respective daughters.

Cocoa McCoy said Lane had been stalking her daughter and said he wanted to marry the 19-year-old, according to NBC affiliate WXIA in a July 29 report.

Victor’s mother Marie Elien likewise said Lane called her from the then-missing woman’s phone the day after her daughter’s disappearance and was “telling stories.”

“I was going to propose to her,” the defendant reportedly told the mother.

“Propose?” she responded. “When did you meet her?”

“Oh, yeah, at work,” he reportedly responded, as per a WGCL telling of the events.

“I have to tell you something, but I need to see you personally,” the defendant continued.

He reportedly also referred to people at work as “fake.”

Victor’s mother had previously confirmed to WSB that her daughter and Lane worked together at a food processing plant, but she emphasized that the two were “just friends.”

Prosecutors rubbished the defendant’s conduct.

“The crimes committed by this individual were heartless and vile. I am unable to comprehend this level of depravity and wickedness,” Henry County District Attorney Darius Pattillo said. “Despite the horror that this defendant brought to these innocent women, their families and this community, I am pleased that he will spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole. I am thankful for the hard work of our team at the Henry County District Attorney’s Office and everyone who contributed to securing this guilty plea.”

There are pending charges against Lane co-defendants Cleounsee Fisher, 41, and Ronisha Preckwinkle, 40, who are charged in Victor’s death with with malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, concealing the death of another and tampering with evidence.

Cocoa McCoy said in July that police failed to look into Lane as a possible suspect after her daughter’s appearance, despite her urging them to do so. She suggested they could have at least saved Victor.

“And I hate it for the Victor family, that they had to endure that,” she said. “You know, all this could have been avoided if you [police] would have just went to his house like we kept telling you to do. If you just would have went — you couldn’t save my daughter, but you could have saved somebody else[‘s] child.”

The Locust Grove Police Department did not immediately respond to a Law&Crime request for comment.

“She was a very loving girl, fun, outgoing,” Marie Elien previously told WSB-TV with regards to her daughter Victor. “Always complimented people, you know, anyone she met with. She was friendly. Not scared of adventure, of meeting new people.”

“I know at this point I’m tired of crying,” mother Cocoa McCoy said in July. “I am. Last night I cried myself to sleep.”

Jerry Lambe contributed to this report.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...der/ar-AATnzcv

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information