Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What mitigates a murder?

Senior Member Frequent Poster Fact's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by one_two_bomb View Post

You are literally missing the entire point of this thread. If you read the original post I am asking people specifically if it was your loved one who was murdered, what would mitigate, or make the situation less severe/serious/painful for you?

Please provide an example of one scenario where someone cold-bloodedly, intentionally murders your child/spouse/parent/sibling that would be less severe/serious/painful for you had it happened differently.
    I don't know if it would be less painful, but if someone was profoundly mentally ill (organically, not by the means of voluntary intoxication) to the point where when they were murdering my loved-one, they thought they were doing something completely different, they would be less culpable in my mind, and thus I wouldn't harbor as much resentment towards them.

I suppose genuine remorse could help a little bit, but I'm generally skeptical when killers show remorse.

If the person did it because they felt like killing, the answer is nothing.

The full truth is that I don't know and I hope that I will never know.

I agree with Heidi. No mitigating. What about all the people that had a bad childhood, were on drugs or were mentally ill and DIDN'T kill or rape anyone. I may sound cold but I feel there are enough good people in this world that we do not need to keep "evil doers" around. They just cost money and use up oxygen that could be better utilized by someone else.Just get rid of them and quickly and move on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information