Thread: Mario James Jerrell Normore Sentenced to LWOP in 2017 OK Multiple Slayings

Mario James Jerrell Normore Sentenced to LWOP in 2017 OK Multiple Slayings

Bashar Burks and Ashley Easton

James Steven Knowles

Suspect In 10 Metro Robberies, Charged With Four Murders

By Laura Hendrix
    news9.com

A man suspected in 10 robberies who has been jailed since 2017 is now facing charges in four murders.

Mario James Jerrell Normore, 27, is facing charges in 10 robberies and four homicides.

Normore has been in the custody of the Oklahoma County Jail since October 27, 2017. He is the suspect in two bank robberies and eight business robberies which occurred over approximately a two-month period.

The first murder charges were the double homicide of Bashar Burks and Ashley Easton who were found near Wilshire Blvd and N Air Depot in July of 2017. Normore worked with Burks, and Easton was Burks’ girlfriend, according to police.

The third murder is that of Searra Howe, whose body was located in a a remote area near the 7800 block of N Oak Ave. Searra and Normore were reported to be friends prior to her death, investigators said.

The fourth homicide is that of 58-year old James Steven Knowles. According to police, he was last seen by his family on October 3, 2017. Knowles was the maintenance man in the apartment complex Normore lived in and was reported to be an acquaintance, police said. Based on the investigation, Normore is being charged with Knowles’ murder, although his body has not yet been found, officers said.

The robbery charges are related to crimes at a Bank of Oklahoma, Big Buys, four at Family Dollar, Midfirst Bank, two at Dollar General, and a Little Caesars.

http://www.news9.com/story/39193561/...h-four-murders
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Daughter Of Missing OKC Man To Accused Killer: 'Tell Us Where He Is'

By Jennifer Pierce
    news9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City Police have linked an accused serial armed robber to four murders.

Police arrested Mario Normore, 27, in October 2017 for the armed robberies.

Only months after being released from prison, police said Normore went on an armed robbery spree through the metro. He has been charged for holding up two banks and eight businesses from August to October 2017.

Police said his violence did not end there.

“Investigators have been able to link him to four murders, as well from 2017,” said Officer Megan Morgan, Oklahoma City Police Department.

Police said Normore is connected to the July 2017 murders of Bashar Burks and Ashley Easton. The man's remains were found in a burned car and Easton's body was discovered the following day in the same area.

Three months later investigators found another victim.

“The second incident is related to investigators locating the body of Searra Howe in a remote area of the 78 hundred block of North Oak Avenue,” said Morgan.

Meanwhile, police were investigating the October 2017 disappearance of James Knowles. His roommate at the time ran to the store and has not seen Knowles since.

“I was only gone for probably two or three minutes,” said Quiana McCloud, witness. “I come back and he’s gone. His keys are there, his cell phone there, the doors unlocked and that’s not like him.”

McCloud said Knowles was like a father to her and the man accused of murdering him was a neighbor.

She remembers asking Normore if he had seen Knowles.

“And he was like no my girlfriend is missing too,” said McCloud. “Gave me this whole story how my dad and his girlfriend were missing together.”

Police said in all the murder cases, Normore knew the victims.

McCloud is now asking Normore to lead police to the missing man.

“Tell us where he is,” said McCloud. “So we can put him to rest and have peace.”

http://www.news9.com/story/39196431/...us-where-he-is
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

July 19, 2019

Witness says Oklahoma shooting victim begged for her life

By Associated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY — The cousin of an Oklahoma City man charged with killing four people in 2017 has testified that one victim begged for her life before being shot.

The Oklahoman reports that Brandon Butler gave the testimony Wednesday during a hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to warrant sending 28-year-old Mario Normore to trial on the charges.

Normore has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the deaths of 27-year-old Bashar Burks and 30-year-old Ashley Easton, who police initially thought were killed in a vehicle crash. He also has pleaded not guilty in the killing of 21-year-old Searra Howe and the presumed killing of 58-year-old James Steven Knowles, who has been missing since October 2017.

Butler said he planned to shoot into the air and let Howe go, but Normore appeared and shot her after being given the gun.

https://www.680news.com/2019/07/11/w...-for-her-life/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    The State of Oklahoma is seeking the death penalty for Mario James Normore. A date for his jury trial still hasn't been set (a previous date of August 29th, 2022 has been stricken).

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCase...9&cmid=3704907
    Last edited by Mastro Titta; 08-08-2022 at 06:25 AM.

Oklahoma City man makes deal to avoid death penalty for four murders

Nolan Clay
    Oklahoman

Months after getting out of prison in 2017, convicted robber Mario James Normore went on a killing spree in Oklahoma City that left four dead.

He also went back to robbing, hitting banks and dollar stores across the city before being arrested.

Since then, he has assaulted guards in the Oklahoma County jail, participated in a riot and been caught with improvised weapons.

On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to those crimes and was ordered back to prison for the rest of his life.

The outcome was the result of a plea deal. It also is the second time this month that prosecutors in Oklahoma have decided in a multiple murder case not to seek the death penalty at trial.

Prosecutors said Normore, now 31, got a deal “in the interest of justice, and to satisfy the desire of the families for a conclusion nearly six years after the murder of their loved ones."

Oklahoma County District Judge K. Nikki Kirkpatrick accepted the deal but did ask the prosecutor in court if it was fair to justice.

"Yes," Assistant District Attorney Sam Chavers said.

Normore wiped tears from his eyes in court as he listened to statements from the families of his victims.

Under the deal, he was sentenced to four consecutive life terms without the possibility of parole on the murders.

"The consecutive sentences ensure Mr. Normore is never released from prison,” prosecutors told The Oklahoman in an email.

He also was sentenced to prison for 10 armed robberies and his crimes in jail. He will serve all those sentences at the same time.

In his guilty plea, he admitted killing the first time on July 10, 2017. He had been been released from prison two months earlier, after completing an eight-year sentence for robbery.

He had asked a co-worker at a recycling business for a ride home, according to evidence in the case. He shot the co-worker, Bashar Burks, 27, of Oklahoma City, in the head from the back seat of the car. He then killed the co-worker's girlfriend, Ashley Easton, 30, of Yukon.

He later said he shot Burks after a disagreement.

"He just said he moved funny," a witness, Brandon Lee Butler, testified at a preliminary hearing. "He had it in his head ... that the guy was reaching for a gun or something. He told me the girl started screaming, the girl that was driving, and he shoots her in the head as well."

Normore then went on a string of robberies to get money "to get out of town," according to the testimony. Butler was the getaway driver.

Normore next killed an acquaintance, Searra Howe, to use her car to drive to a bank robbery. Butler said she was killed after they took her to the woods.

Butler offered to kill her himself but actually planned to let her go, according to his testimony. He told her to run or play dead and he would shoot up in the air. As he worked to untie her, Normore came up, asked why it was taking so long and took over.

Howe, 20, of Midwest City, was shot in the head on Aug. 18, 2017. Her body was not found for two months.

The fourth murder victim was James Steven Knowles, a maintenance man at an apartment complex. Normore had worked for the victim, painting apartments to rent again.

Normore admitted with his guilty plea that he killed Knowles on Oct. 3, 2017. He had told Butler that "Steve had to go" for being a snitch.

He told another witness he killed Knowles over money. "He just said he owed him $20 and he was talking some smack about it," that witness, Henry Long, said at the preliminary hearing.

Knowles was 57. His body has never been found.

Normore also tried to kill Butler later in 2017, according to testimony at the preliminary hearing. The two are cousins.

"I hear the the gun going, 'Click, click, click,'" Butler testified. "It just didn't go off."

Normore had been living in Oklahoma City with his mother for a while in 2017 before being kicked out, police reported at the time.

Butler, now 32, was charged over three of the robberies. That case and two 2018 drug cases are still pending.

Normore's case is the latest involving homicide to be wrapped up since District Attorney Vicki Behenna took office in January. The outcome is being criticized. The previous DA, David Prater, had sought the death penalty in 2019, calling Normore "a continuing threat to society."

During a campaign debate last year, Behenna said the death penalty should be considered only for the most heinous of crimes.

After the sentencing, the mother of the first victim said she was not told why prosecutors did not go ahead on their request for the death penalty.

"I'm not mad about it," Darlene Burks told The Oklahoman. "He did get four life sentences. So, it's just a blessing.

“We just praise God for giving us the peace."

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...y/70031515007/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information