View Poll Results: How many executions will there be in 2019?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14 or less

2 11.11%

1 5.56%

1 5.56%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 5.56%

1 5.56%
  • 23 or more

12 66.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many executions will there be in 2019?

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar

How many executions will there be in 2019?

Here's a fun idea! Just like we have the TOD derby, lets guess how many executions there will be in 2019. My guess is 16.

Winner(s) will win an unspecified prize at the end of the year from me!
    Last edited by one_two_bomb; 01-18-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Nanudas how many do you think there will be? If you choose the first or last options post your guess in the comments!

I voted 23 or more, because there is every reason to believe so. The facts point to such a total.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

How many do you think there will be exactly?

I think there will be a significant decrease because of the following:

1) TCCA is back on that bull
    2) Any Alabama dates will cry about not being able to choose nitrogen, kinda like Zagorski did about the chair, and someone will stay them
    3) I don't trust Kavanaugh with cases like Madison, bucklew, tharpe etc if they go before him
    4) While there is a good possibility I am wrong about this, I wouldn't be surprised of Ohio's new governor follows in Kasich's footsteps and hands out a couple commutations
    5) Sure there will be a handful from Tennessee and Georgia but I don't think Texas will get as many as they did last year.
    6) Florida's new governor has yet to set a date. Why? It should be a priority for him. Sure he will probably sign a couple but not enough.
    7) Now that I've thought about it more I think I guessed too low, I want to say 18 or 19! Too late i guess SMH

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by one_two_bomb View Post
    Nanudas how many do you think there will be? If you choose the first or last options post your guess in the comments!
    I am not confident on the exact number, but I am going to guess 27. While the Milam stay was definitely a setback, there seems to be a fairly large pool of inmates nearing the end of their appeals in Texas, and we started the year with seven on the calendar. I’m going to say Texas alone puts 15 to death this year. Georgia is looking strong too and we already have a good number of dates from Ohio and Tennessee.
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

You can't say that the TCCA is back to the worst over one stay. Texas will probably notch 7 to 10. Alabama will execute those who didn't choose nitrogen before the deadline, and SCOTUS will vacate any such stay. So AL may get 1 or 2. GA will likely get 5 or 6. TN will get 3 or 4. Gives DeSantis time, FLORIDA will hit the scoreboard. Ohio can probably get all remaining 6. South Dakota will likely have 1. We could thus get up to 28, maybe 23 to 25.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

There was a absolutely no reason for the Milam stay other than because they could. Jennings will go down because they already reviewed his claims, so will murphy and likely king and robertson. predict texas 8, tennessee 3, georgia 3, florida 2, ohio 2. I think alabama will choke. They have a knack for issuing stays at the last minute and not giving the state time to appeal. I think rhines will get tied up in the courts longer because of the gay claims. I hope i am wrong and there will be more! And pick an exact number, because the winner(s) will receive an undisclosed prize from me! I can only have 10 choices for the poll, otherwise id go up to 30.

I'm weighing a total of 23. Alabama is choked on the Nitrogen option and whether Florida gets 4-5 by Xmas. Texas should bag a good 9. Georgia should net 6. Ohio may do a 3-4. That's my predictions on some states!
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Quote Originally Posted by one_two_bomb View Post
    There was a absolutely no reason for the Milam stay other than because they could. Jennings will go down because they already reviewed his claims, so will murphy and likely king and robertson. predict texas 8, tennessee 3, georgia 3, florida 2, ohio 2. I think alabama will choke. They have a knack for issuing stays at the last minute and not giving the state time to appeal. I think rhines will get tied up in the courts longer because of the gay claims. I hope i am wrong and there will be more! And pick an exact number, because the winner(s) will receive an undisclosed prize from me! I can only have 10 choices for the poll, otherwise id go up to 30.
    Robertson will surely get a stay, and Coble will be going. I presume you said 3 or Tennessee because of Wright. Ray should go in AL. GA should get the 2 ready now plus Wilson, Tharpe, and Morrow.

Why will robertson get a stay? Yes i forgot about Coble. And yes the dude in Tennessee might die before his date or get commuted since I think they will have a new governor? Also a slight chance donnie johnson gets commuted since their daughter doesn't want him to die, although he will likely be denied and choose the electric chair. I don't trust kavanaugh and roberts not to stay tharpe.

So what is your final guess? Ryan is down for 23. Nanudas is down for 27. steven and ted what are your guesses?

Mike what is your guess?

I kinda wanna redo this poll because everyone is shooting high! I like the optimism!
    Last edited by one_two_bomb; 01-19-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information