View Poll Results: How many executions will there be in 2019?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14 or less

2 11.11%

1 5.56%

1 5.56%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 5.56%

1 5.56%
  • 23 or more

12 66.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many executions will there be in 2019?

While I agree with much of your projections, Steven and FFM, you guys are selling GA short. Lance, Cromartie, Wilson, and Morrow should all be executed. Tharpe is a maybe. And Meders may be early 2020.

My optimism has me confident we can secure 30 this year (that would shut up the anti death penalty garbage for a year). But I think the grand total will be 28. Other states WILL pick up slack from last year. If Texas bags 13 again, we will exceed 30 and hit near-2014 levels. But the guarded realist in me sees some unforeseen nonsense (2017 and 2018 should have exceeded 25) dragging the total down to 28-ish. I believe TX can come through again, and I truly hope for the 30-mark.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    They can get execution date but if they will be executed is another question.

Generally speaking, stays of execution don't happen in GA. Tharpe was an "extreme" case.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    Ok then

My guess of 23

AL - 2
    FL - 3
    GA - 3
    OH - 4
    TN - 1
    TX - 9
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    My optimism has me confident we can secure 30 this year (that would shut up the anti death penalty garbage for a year).

They will never shut up until their masters tell them to stop, unless we hit one hundred in one year they will continue to claim we are at historic lows and claim the death penalty is at an end.

My guess is 33. If Bucklew loses ARK and MO will get a greenlight to do more but I'm not putting any stock in it.

NEB 1
    SD 1
    AL 4
    GA 5
    Fl 4
    OH 4
    TN 4 (Chair 2)
    TX 10

Quote Originally Posted by FFM View Post
    31 total. We will bag 13 again.

SD - 1
    FL - 4
    AL - 1
    TN - 3
    GA - 2
    MO - 1
    OH - 6
    When you say AL - 1, are you predicting that Ray will be the only execution, or that Ray will be stayed and Madison will lose at SCOTUS and face execution again?

When you say AL - 1, are you predicting that Ray will be the only execution, or that Ray will be stayed and Madison will lose at SCOTUS and face execution again?
    The former.

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FFM View Post
    31 total. We will bag 13 again.

SD - 1
    FL - 4
    AL - 1
    TN - 3
    GA - 2
    MO - 1
    OH - 6
    I like this prediction, my only criticisms are you are really shooting for the sky with Ohio, I believe Rhines will win a stay with the gay issue, and I don't trust Roberts/Kavanaugh with Bucklew (unless another Missouri inmate exhaust appeals/volunteers).

Ryan your predictions are safe but why so low for Tennessee? I think even 2 is a safe low end estimate for them.

Mike I think you are shooting for the sky with Alabama (but I could very well be wrong if they deny the LI challenges) and I don't see Nebraska executing any non-volunteers.

Generally speaking, stays of execution don't happen in GA. Tharpe was an "extreme" case.
    Sure they do. Warren Hill and Carlton Gary were both stayed several times (although eventually executed) same with that fat hog Gissendanner.
    Last edited by one_two_bomb; 01-20-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    NEW PROP BET IDEA: How many volunteers? I predict there will be 3 volunteers, two in Texas, one elsewhere.

To clarify, to be considered a "volunteer", they must not yet be exhausted at federal circuit court. Someone who exhausts normal appeals and opts against last minute appeals like troy clark last year is not a volunteer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information