Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yaser Abdel Said Sentenced to LWOP in 2008 TX Honor Killing of his Daughters, Amina and Sarah Said

Yaser Abdel Said Sentenced to LWOP in 2008 TX Honor Killing of his Daughters, Amina and Sarah Said

Yaser Said, Taxi Driver Accused of Killing His Teen Daughters in 2008, Caught in North Texas

Man accused of fatally shooting his daughters in his cab; on the run for 12 years before being captured

By Frank Heinz
    NBC News

Yaser Abdel Said, a Lewisville cab driver wanted in connection with brutal slayings of his two teenage daughters, is in custody in North Texas after 12 years on the run.

According to the FBI, Said, who was considered armed and dangerous and known to carry a weapon while driving his cab, was apprehended Wednesday in Justin without incident by agents from the FBI's Dallas Field Office.

The FBI said Said is currently in federal custody and will soon be transferred to Dallas County. According to the FBI, a $100,000 reward was being offered for his capture. It's not clear how agents knew where to find Said or if someone was eligible to claim the reward.

Said had been on the run since 2008 after police said he took his daughters, 18-year-old Amina and 17-year-old Sarah, to get something to eat on New Year's Day. He put the girls in his taxicab and left their home in Lewisville for Irving where he allegedly shot them both as they sat in his cab.

The girls, who were both students at Lewisville High School, were reportedly shot multiple times.

“The FBI-led Dallas Violent Crimes Task Force has worked tirelessly to find Yaser Abdel Said. These experienced investigators never gave up on their quest to find him and pledged to never forget the young victims in this case,” said FBI Dallas Special Agent in Charge Matthew DeSarno. “Said was placed on the Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List nearly six years ago for the heinous act he committed against his daughters. His capture and arrest bring us one step closer to justice for Amina and Sarah. We want to thank our partners at the Irving Police Department for working with us to apprehend this dangerous individual.

“On January 1, 2008, the Irving Police Department opened a murder investigation after two young girls were found shot to death. Since that night, the members of the Irving Police Department and our partners with the Dallas FBI, have tirelessly pursued justice for Amina and Sarah,’ said Irving Police Chief Jeff Spivey. “Even after 12 years of frustration and dead-ends, the pursuit for their killer never ceased. Today’s arrest of their father, Yaser Said brings us closer to ensuring justice is served on their behalf.”

The day after the shooting a capital murder warrant was issued for his arrest and Said had been on the run ever since. He was born in Egypt and investigators believed he may have been seeking shelter in communities with Egyptian ties, or in New York City, Canada or Egypt where he had known connections.

Patricia Said, Yaser's wife and the mother of the two girls told NBC 5 in 2009 that at first, she was mad at God for letting her daughters be killed, but that the anger was later redirected toward her husband whose whereabouts were unknown.

As homicide investigators intensified their search for Said, a federal Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution warrant was issued On Aug. 21, 2008. Six years later, with Said still on the run, he was placed on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List on Dec. 4.

The search for Said was coordinated by the FBI’s Dallas Violent Crimes Task Force, which is comprised of FBI special agents and officers from the Carrollton, Dallas, Texas Department of Public Safety, Garland, Grand Prairie, and Irving police departments.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ya...texas/2433246/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Good I hope he suffers child killers like him don’t last long in prison

Quote Originally Posted by Shep3 View Post
    Good I hope he suffers child killers like him don’t last long in prison
    He’s likely going to death row. If so, he’ll be safe
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Junior Member Stranger
    I never thought I'd see the day when this man was finally captured.

Texas is perhaps the only jurisdiction worth sentencing a 60 something year old to death. Hope he gets the gurney.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Texas is perhaps the only jurisdiction worth sentencing a 60 something year old to death. Hope he gets the gurney.
    Oklahoma and Virginia would be too had they not gotten screwed over
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

If the state goes after him it's Dallas County which has only secured a single death sentence in the past 7 years. He's not getting sentenced to death nor ever getting executed.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-27-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

That's not what you said on Ali Isran thread.

"If Ali Isran gets the DP in this case, then the same fate will become of Yaser Said if the feds ever catch him. Every honor killing deserves the DP."

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...ood+Awad+Irsan
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Texas cabbie accused in 'honor killing' of teenage daughters didn't want to raise 'whores,' wife recalled

Yaser Abdel Said was arrested this week after spending more than 12 years on FBI's most-wanted list

By Yael Halon
    Fox News

The Texas cab driver accused of murdering his two teenage daughters more than a decade ago was unhappy that they were dating non-Muslims and was unwilling to raise "whores as daughters," according to his family.

Yaser Abdel Said, 63, of Lewisville, was apprehended Wednesday after more than 12 years on the FBI’s “Top Ten” list of most-wanted fugitives.

His wife, Patricia "Tissie" Owens, told Fox News that her husband became upset after learning that his daughters Amina and Sarah, ages 18 and 17 respectively, had started dating non-Muslims, and shared rare details about their death and Said's disappearance in the Fox Nation special "A Question of Honor."

Owens said the family was celebrating New Year’s Day 2008, when Said invited Amina and Sarah out to eat.

"I told him I wanted to go with him," she said. "He said 'No, I just want to talk to the girls and we’ll be back in a little bit.' I didn’t think anything of it," an emotional Owens recalled to Gregg Jarrett.

Said told Owens that he would be taking their daughters to a local Denny's, but instead drove them to Irving, where he allegedly shot them inside his borrowed cab in what were described as “honor killings."

Owens sat at home waiting for her family's return when the police knocked on her door, she recalled.

"They said they got a 911 tip of a female saying she had been shot and the phone is registered to this address, and I told them that my daughters were with their dad and they were going to a Denny's."

Unable to reach Said, Owens called his brother pleading for information about the whereabouts of her husband and children.

"He said he didn’t know," she recollected, "but he said Yaser didn’t want to raise whores as daughters."

While Said remained on the run, Owens and her oldest son Islam moved in with his family. It became clear during those two months that some of Said's siblings not only believed he killed his daughters, but defended his alleged motives for doing so.

"Just hearing them talk and being around them the months that I was, I picked up on things," she said. " One of his brothers told me that I was really lucky that he [Said] left their bodies for me to find, for me to put my girls to rest. If it was him, nobody would find his girls."

An FBI SWAT team tracked down Said in Justin, Texas, about 22 miles west of Lewisville, where they arrested him without incident. His son Islam, now 32, and brother Yassein were also arrested and accused of harboring a fugitive.

Now that Said is behind bars on charges of capital murder, Owens is ready to finally get "justice" for her two daughters.

“All I can say is, there’s going to be justice,” she said. “My daughters were loving, caring, smart, loved everybody, would help anybody. They were two of the most awesome kids in the world, and they did not deserve what happened to them.”

https://www.foxnews.com/shows/fox-na...ling-daughters

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information