Thread: Xavier Pierre Whitehead Sentenced to 4 Life Terms in 2018 FL Murder of Haley Stone, Xavier Greene, and Derek Archie

Xavier Pierre Whitehead Sentenced to 4 Life Terms in 2018 FL Murder of Haley Stone, Xavier Greene, and Derek Archie

Xavier Greene, Derek Archie and Haley Stone

Man faces three murder counts after bodies found in burning Palm River-Clair Mel home, deputies say

By McKenna Oxenden
    Tampa Bay Times

A second arrest was made Friday in connection with the triple-homicide discovered in November when three bodies were found in a burning home in the Palm River-Clair Mel area, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

Ricky Wilkerson Jr., 23, faces three counts of first-degree murder, armed burglary of a dwelling and robbery with a firearm.

The investigation started with a Nov. 15 report of a house fire at 6221 16th Ave. S. Firefighters discovered three bodies inside the home. None of them died from fire-related injuries, authorities said. Instead, investigators said all three suffered upper body trauma.

The victims were identified as Haley Stone, 20; Xavier Greene, 28; and Derek Archie, 31.

Video surveillance systems in the neighborhood captured video of a white Nissan Altima at the home, according to the Sheriff’s Office. A gray Infiniti was also seen at the residence, and one person in the car was seen setting the fiure.

It was on Nov. 20 that deputies say they identified the Nissan Altima caught on video, and learned that it was registered to Wilkerson. But the Sheriff’s Office did not say what evidence led to his arrest on Friday.

Deputies made the first arrest in this case on Dec. 1. Xavier Pierre Whitehead, 28, of Tampa, was arrested on charges of armed burglary of a dwelling, first degree arson and tampering with physical evidence. However, his role in the case was not disclosed by the Sheriff’s Office.

Wilkerson is being held in the Orient Road Jail without bail.

https://www.tampabay.com/breaking-ne...-say-20190301/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Edited:

New murder charges filed in Palm River-Clair Mel triple-homicide, arson case

Xavier Pierre Whitehead, 28, was arrested last year in connection with the discovery of three murder victims in a burning home. Now he is the second man to face murder charges in the case

By McKenna Oxenden
    Tampa Bay Times

TAMPA — One of the men connected to the discovery of three murder victims found in a burning home in the Palm River-Clair Mel area last year now faces three murder charges, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office announced Wednesday.

Xavier Pierre Whitehead, 28, of Tampa, was charged with three counts of first-degree murder with a firearm and one count of robbery with a firearm. He still faces a charge of armed burglary of a dwelling from his Dec. 1 arrest, but the charges of arson and tampering with physical evidence were dropped.

The Sheriff’s Office did not explain why the murder charges were added, what evidence those charges are based on or release any other information about the case. The investigation is still ongoing, the agency said.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/public...case-20190403/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Dec. 17, 2019

Xavier Whitehead on Trial for Allegedly Killing 3 People

Update – December 18, 2019, 10:58 a.m.: The judge declared a mistrial in the case after the defendant was found not competent to aid in his defense. A retrial is tentatively scheduled for May 4, 2020.

Xavier Whitehead, 29, stands trial in Hillsborough County, Florida. Prosecutors say he murdered three people in a burglary, and burned up a house they were in. The victims were Derek Archie, 31, Haley Stone, 20, and Xavier Greene, 28.

A key witness in the case is co-defendant Ricky Wilkerson, 23. He pleaded no contest to begin an accessory after the fact of first-degree murder, and accessory after the fact for armed robbery. This witness–who was originally charged with murder–would spend five years in prison, to be followed by up to 12 years of probation
    . By virtue of the plea, he isn’t admitting wrongdoing under the law, but he did agree to testify for the state.

According to court documents obtained by Law&Crime, Wilkerson said that he was giving a ride to Whitehead, and another co-defendant Jimmy “Jimbo” Terry. Whitehead, who he knew as “JT,” was going to get clothes from a certain residence.

“Jimbo called me to ask me can I take him and LT to some place,” Wilkerson said in a transcript. “They never told me the place. They — he just was like, can you take LT to go get his clothes?”

The defendant went inside the residence, according to this account. Wilkerson claimed to have heard sounds like from a nailgun. Terry then went into the house, the witness said.

Terry is charged with being an accessory after the fact in both murder and armed robbery. He pleaded not guilty, and the case against him is pending

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lawandc...-3-people/amp/

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    Defense points to lack of motive during opening statements of triple murder, arson trial

By Gloria Gomez
    FOX 13 News

TAMPA, Fla. - Two years ago, an emergency call for a house fire revealed a "gruesome murder scene," explained Hillsborough County prosecutor John Schinka.

A jury heard opening statements in the case about how the alleged crime unfolded.

"Three bodies were found shot to death inside of a burning home," Schinka continued.

He says Xavier Whitehead shot and killed Haley Stone, Xavier Greene, and Derek Archie before setting the house on fire to cover the evidence.

However, prosecutors say a neighbor's surveillance cameras recorded Whitehead walking around the home while holding a red gas can.

Hillsborough County Fire Rescue Cpt. Ben Harrison testified that, as one of the first on the scene, he noticed the front door was locked. He tried to force his way in but couldn’t.

"The door did not want to open. I had to shoulder the door to push something that was blocking the door," recalled Harrison.

Schinka told the jury the door would not open because the body of Derek Archie was in the way.

In opening statements, Hillsborough County public defender Jamie Kane conceded three innocent people were tragically murdered two years ago, but said there is more to the case than what meets the eye.

"You’ll notice over the next few days that the state will not put any witness on to tell you what happened inside the home," said Kane, adding that prosecutors don't seem to have a theory about what motivated the killings.

Whitehead faces three counts of first-degree murder, arson, and armed burglary.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/defen...er-arson-trial

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    January 12, 2021

Four life sentences for Clair-Mel triple-murderer

By Gloria Gomez
    FOX 13 News

TAMPA, Fla. - The day of reckoning for Xavier Whitehead has finally arrived. Recently, he was convicted of the November 2018 murders of Derek Archie, Haley Stone and Xavier Greene.

Haley Stone's mother, Dana, says her anguish is just as raw as the day her daughter was murdered.

"The loss of your child is losing your soul," she said through tears. "You don’t know how to live anymore, you just learn to exist in this world."

There were tears from Aniya Blue, the teenage daughter of Derek Archie.

"He was the only father figure in my life. He took care of me," a choked-up Blue explained.

Angela Greene, the mother of Xavier Greene, is still trying to cope with huge void left from losing her son,

"He had kids. How [are] we ever going to explain to his kids that they’ll never see their father again?"

During the trial in November, the jury was shown home surveillance video of Whitehead walking around with a gas can after the murders. Moments later, the house went up in flames.

Fire crews had a hard time getting through the front door, explained prosecutor John Schinka.

"The reason that door doesn’t open when fire-rescue were trying to get in is because the diseased body of Derek Archie is right there in the front entryway," said Schinka.

Whitehead had been defiant before his trial, and again at his sentencing.

"Justice is a truth and the truth is that I am innocent," Whitehead insisted.

As the judge handed down four consecutive life sentences, Dana Stone reminded Whitehead that his punishment is just beginning.

"I can never forgive you for taking my daughter but I will say, one day, you will be standing before God and you will have to answer for what you did," said Stone.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/four-...riple-murderer

Thread Information