Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty Trial: Ernst Cherizard Pleads Guilty in 2019 FL Triple Murder

Death Penalty Trial: Ernst Cherizard Pleads Guilty in 2019 FL Triple Murder

Eli Normil

Elizabelle Frenel

Nicole Guillume

Ernst Cherizard

'Monster' accused of killing 2 women and shooting a girl, 6, might now be in South Florida, police say

By Dan Sweeney
    Orlando Sentinel

Police in Central Florida say Ernst Cherizard, 38, shot and killed two women Friday, with a 6-year-old girl also on life support. Cherizard could now be in South Florida.

The shooting occurred at Citrus Ridge Apartments, Haines City , after which, police say, Cherizard fled in a burgundy 2011 Nissan Altima with the Florida license plate GZN C82. That license plate was picked up early Saturday morning by a toll booth in Boynton Beach.

Police are still unsure of a motive but say Cherizard was the boyfriend of one of the women, 23-year-old Eli Normil. Six-year-old Isabella Frenel, Normil’s daughter, was shot three times and flown to Orlando. She is brain dead and on life support.

According to local Polk County station WFLA, Cherizard and Normil have two children, but Frenel is not one of them. The third victim, 48-year-old Nicole Guillume, is Normil’s aunt.
    Guillume was shot and killed outside an apartment after asking Cherizard about her niece. After Cherizard fled and police arrived, they found the body of Normil inside the apartment, along with Frenel, who had been shot three times, including once in the head.

Haines City Police have asked anyone who spots the Nissan Altima or Cherizard to immediately call 911.

“It’s disgusting to say the least,” Haines City police Chief James Elensky said of the child being shot. “We need to find him before he kills anybody else.”

Police said Cherizard posted on social media early Saturday about the shooting, saying in part of a Facebook post directed at his children, “daddy is so sorry with all my heart cuz I can’t believe this happened,” the release states.

Elensky said his prayers are with the women’s family and the first responders “who did everything they could at the scene,” the release states.

“Despite his indicated remorse, make no mistake about it — this man is a monster,” Elensky said in the release. “To consciously shoot three innocent, unarmed females is nothing less than being a coward. To shoot a truly innocent 6-year-old child is disgusting and beyond comprehension.”

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/cr...413-story.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Edited:

Child dies following triple shooting in Haines City

By Elizabeth Fry
    Fox 13 News

HAINES CITY, Fla. (FOX 13) - Authorities are continuing to search for 38-year-old Ernst Cherizard in connection to a triple shooting Friday night in Haines City.

Police said Cherizard shot his 23-year-old girlfriend, Eli Junia Normil, inside a Haines City apartment complex before turning the gun on Normil's 6-year-old daughter, Elizabelle Frenel. Police said the girl was shot three times; one of those shots was fired directly at the young girl's head. The girl died just before 11 p.m. on Saturday.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-...in-haines-city
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Suspect in Haines City Triple Shooting Turns Himself In

By Spectrum News Staff

UPDATE: 2:43 p.m. - Haines City Police has confirmed that Ernst Cherizard, the suspect in Friday's triple shooting that took three lives, including that for 6-year-old Elizabelle Frenel, turned himself in Sunday afternoon.

No further information has been released.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...cmpid=breaking

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say his motive was that he was miffed about being named after a Pokemon.
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

No bond for accused shooter in Haines City triple homicide

By Chip Osowski
    WFLA News

HAINES CITY, Fla. (WFLA) - A man suspected of killing a 6-year-old girl and two other people at a home in Haines City on Friday has turned himself in. Ernst Cherizard, 38, appeared before a judge Monday afternoon. Cherizard now faces three counts of first-degree murder. The judge ordered that he be held in jail without bond.

Cherizard was wanted in connection with the shooting deaths of Elizabelle Frenel, 6, her mother Eli Junia Normil, 23, and Normil's aunt, Nicole Guillume, 48.

Police say Ernst Cherizard, 38, shot Frenel and her mother, 23-year-old Eli Junia Normil at the Citrus Ridge Apartments shortly before 7:30 p.m Friday. Normil died and the child was left critically injured.

When Normil's relatives came to the apartment to check on her, Cherizard told them they were not there. Her aunt, 48-year-old Nicole Guillume, returned to the complex and a confrontation ensued. That's when Cherizard fired a handgun and killed Guillume before fleeing. His vehicle was last seen passing a Boyton Beach toll plaza shortly after midnight Saturday, according to police.

Police arrived at the scene and Frenel was rushed to an Orlando hospital, where she died the next day.

Police said Normil and Cherizard were in a relationship and have two children together, but Frenel was not his child.

Court records indicate Normil had taken a restraining order out against Cherizard in April of 2017, but the order was lifted two weeks later.

Records also show Winter Haven Police arrested Cherizard on a domestic battery charge. The victim was listed as Normil.

In the early hours Saturday, Cherizard took to Facebook to acknowledge the crime and apologized to his children.

"Daddy is so sorry with all my heart cuz I can't believe this happened," he wrote in the post.

Centoria White lives in the complex and walked over to the apartment where the shooting happened with candles and balloons. She is heartbroken about what happened.

"I couldn't do nothing but cry. There's nothing to talk about. You just hurt inside," said White, as she held the candles so the wind wouldn't blow them over. "I was just devistated. I stay right over there. So, devistated. Especially when it comes to the baby."

https://www.wfla.com/news/polk-count...ide/1928401482

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Florida Man Indicted in Murders of Girlfriend, Daughter, 6

By SandraRose.com

A Haines City, Florida man has been indicted in the murders of his girlfriend and her 6-year-old daughter. The murders happened at the Citrus Ridge Apartments on April 12. The couple lived together with their three children in the apartment.

A Polk County grand jury indicted Ernest Cherizard, 38, on 3 counts of murder in the deaths of Eli Junia Normil, 23, daughter Elizabeth Frenel, 6, and her grandmother Nicole Guillume, 48.

Elizabeth, who was airlifted to a trauma hospital and placed on life support, died a day later from gunshot wounds to her temple, face and arm.

Normil and Cherizard's 18-month-old twins - a son and a daughter - were sleeping in another apartment in the complex and were not injured at the time of the shooting, according to police reports.

Police say Cherizard fled in Normil's car. The car was found abandoned in the Miami Area.

Hours after the shootings, Cherizard took to Facebook to express his remorse and to confess to the murders. "Daddy is so sorry with all my heart cuz I can't believe this happened," he wrote.

Police say Cherizard shot Normil after they argued about him seeing his ex-girlfriend and the mother of his 5-year-old daughter, whom he said he had not seen since 2015.

After killing Normil, her mother stopped by the apartment and asked where her daughter was. Cherizard said she'd left. Guillume and Cherizard argued and, police say, he shot the woman twice outside the apartment.

After an intense manhunt, Cherizard turned himself in to Haines City police on Sunday. He is being held without bail at the Polk County Jail.

"I can't say what I'd like to say about him. He's a male, not a man. Not much of a man to shoot two females and a child," said Haines City Police Chief Jim Ellensky.

In addition to the murder charges, the grand jury also indicted Cherizard on one count of tampering with physical evidence, a third-degree felony.

Prosecutors will decide in the coming weeks whether to seek the death penalty against Cherizard.

http://sandrarose.com/2019/04/florid...nd-daughter-6/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

State Attorney to Pursue Death Penalty in Haines City Triple Murder

By Stephanie Claytor
    baynews9.com

POLK COUNTY, Fla. — State Attorney Brian Haas announced Wednesday he’s pursuing the death penalty against Haines City triple murder suspect Ernst Cherizard.

Cherizard is accused of killing his girlfriend, Eli “Jenny” Normil, her six-year-old daughter, Elizabelle “Bella” Frenel and his girlfriend’s mother, Nicole Guillaume, on April 12, 2019.

Court documents reveal there was trouble in the couple’s relationship dating back to at least 2017, when Normil petitioned for a restraining order against Cherizard.

She accused him of punching her in the eye and wrote that she feared Cherizard would “do something stupid.” In the petition dated April 23, 2017, she said they were arguing about her pregnancy with his child, and she told him to get out of the car and get his stuff from her house.

She went on to say he constantly called her phone and popped up at her house uninvited and she didn’t want any contact with him.

The courts granted the temporary restraining order. She requested it be dismissed on May 4, 2017.

The following September, Winter Haven Police responded to couple’s apartment when Normil told officers Cherizard came home drunk and they got into an argument.

Normil accused Cherizard of grabbing her shirt and attempting to hold her in the apartment. Cherizard denied he got physical with her and said they were arguing over some money missing.

Normil told officers she was seven months pregnant with Cherizard’s twin children. Cherizard was arrested and charged with domestic battery, but Normil later told prosecutors to drop the case.

Father of Bella Frenel speaks out

Bella’s father, Henry Frenel, said he had no idea.

“Jenny used to always try to keep everything behind closed doors,” said Frenel.

Frenel said he knew Cherizard didn’t like his daughter, but he never thought he’d kill her.

“He used to say that, 'I don’t like your daughter. Your daughter look too much like you,'” Frenel explained. “He used to have another problem, too, because my daughter didn’t want to call him 'daddy.'”

Frenel said his daughter was everything to him, and he planned to pick her up that Saturday, the day after she was killed.

“I feel like I ain’t got nothing left, to be honest," he told us. "I didn’t even get a chance to say bye to her. That week I was supposed to take her to Chuck E. Cheese."

Frenel is glad the state attorney is pursuing the death penalty.

“I don’t have no type of respect. I don’t have nothing to [say] to [Cherizard]," he said. "I don’t have nothing for him but death."

Haas said there’d likely be one trial for all three victims. He anticipated several years would pass before the case goes to trial.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...-triple-murder

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Haines City man pleads guilty to three counts of first-degree murder

A Haines City man facing a possible death penalty pleaded guilty Thursday to three counts of first-degree murder.

Ernst Cherizard, now 40, was arrested in April 2019 in the fatal shootings of his girlfriend, her 6-year-old daughter and her aunt at his apartment in Haines City. A grand jury indicted him later that month on the three counts.

The State Attorney’s Office for the 10th Judicial Circuit announced that it would seek the death penalty, and Cherizard’s guilty pleas don’t change that. He entered the pleas without any agreement from the State Attorney’s Office on a sentence, spokesman Jacob Orr said.

Cherizard’s trial, scheduled for March, has now been canceled. A status hearing will be held in March before Circuit Judge Jalal Harb, and a jury will be selected for the penalty trial, likely to take place later this year.

Cherizard turned himself in to Haines City police on April 14, 2019, two days after the triple homicide. Police said that he shot his live-in girlfriend, Eli Junia Normil, 23; her daughter, Elizabelle Frenel; and Normil,’s aunt, Nicole Gillume, 48.

In a Facebook post before his arrest, Cherizard gave details about what happened. He said he got into an argument with Normil after telling her he planned to visit his daughter, whom he hadn’t seen in four years. Cherizard claimed that Normil became jealous after he spoke to the girl’s mother.

Cherizard claimed that he and Normil began to scuffle and that they battled for control of a gun before he “lost it.”

Authorities said Cherizard shot Elizabelle in the temple, face and arm. The girl, a kindergartner at Alta Vista Elementary School, died the next day at an Orlando hospital. Normil died at the scene.

Police said Cherizard shot Gillume twice after she came to the apartment looking for her niece. Cherizard then took Normil’s car and fled to South Florida, police said. As a search for him proceeded, Cherizard returned to Haines City and surrendered to police two days after the killings.

Cherizard and Normil had 18-month-old twins, who were sleeping in another apartment at the same complex as the shootings occurred, according to court records.

Assistant Public Defender Julia Williamson is representing Cherizard.

As recently as Wednesday, the case seemed to be proceeding toward a trial as Harb granted a defense request to have the jury instructed on all mitigating factors, or reasons for considering a lesser sentence than death. The same day, Harb denied a defense request to bar the prosecution from introducing evidence that Cherizard was in a familial relationship with Elizabelle (legally named Isabel in court records) as an aggravating factor.

On Thursday, though, Cherizard entered the guilty pleas in a hearing before Harb at the Polk County Courthouse in Bartow.

The only two possible sentences for first-degree murder are death or life in prison without parole. A jury would have to vote unanimously to recommend the death penalty on any of the three counts, and Harb will make the final decision on the sentences.

https://www.theledger.com/story/news...gs/6738170002/
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

No break for this guy, they're still seeking the DP.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information