Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry William Correll - Florida Execution - October 29, 2015

Ya ' know ..... Perhaps I've got it all wrong but it seems to me that if you are the " Supreme Authority " for a State .. ie Governor or, for that matter SCOTUS ..then its your job to enforce the will of the people of that particular State. And if " the people " decide that a particular defendant is guilty of a crime that is deserving of the death penalty and " the people " vote to have such penalty enforced then there should be absolutely no question regarding clemency There is none.

The only question might be surrounding the 8th amendment is which case the answer is really simple.... " Mr. Convicted ..would you prefer lethal injection, hanging, electrocution or the firing squad ? "

Goinggoinggone
    Well at least the scum bag is on the schedule to be gone real soon course not soon enough

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    This execution will probably get stayed. As I predicted, his lawyers have asked for a stay based upon the midazolam issue.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/p..._Execution.pdf

Senior Member Frequent Poster elsie's Avatar
    Florida has had no problems. Hopefully it will be a go.
    Proverbs 21:15 "When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evil doers."

ganeshn2
    I read the court filing for stay by Correll's attorneys with FL Supreme court, in which they narrate some of the experiences that executed inmates had in this LI protocol. Although, I hate to say that, to me it was convincing enough to win a stay.

It does not appear that Florida has any issues administering the lethal dose.

Johnny Shane Kormondy, 42, was pronounced dead at 8:16 p.m. at Florida State Prison, shortly after the lethal injection was administered.
    "I am the warden! Get your warden off this gurney and shut up! You are not in America. This is the island of Barbados. People will see you doing this." Monty Delk's last words.

ganeshn2
    Thats true that there were no issues with Kormondy's execution. But the hearing in US-SC is specifically about the use of Midazolam in LI protocol, which FL also uses. OH, OK, and AZ, not only screwed their executions but also potentially screwed future executions in FL.

I am not a doctor, but if memory serves me correctly FL administers a much larger dose then the other states you bring up. The Killer from Miami they executed a year or so ago taught them a lesson. Half measures avail us nothing. Go BIG or go home
    "I am the warden! Get your warden off this gurney and shut up! You are not in America. This is the island of Barbados. People will see you doing this." Monty Delk's last words.

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    Agreed FLMETfan the purpose is to inject a lethal dose not a small amount used as in surgery where the person is supposed to wake up. The dosage should be IMO triple the recommended dose if not more.

ganeshn2
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMetfan View Post
    I am not a doctor, but if memory serves me correctly FL administers a much larger dose then the other states you bring up. The Killer from Miami they executed a year or so ago taught them a lesson. Half measures avail us nothing. Go BIG or go home
    OK used to pump up 100 mg of Midazolam till last year. But now, they jacked it up to 500 mg, the same as that used in FL. OH and AZ uses two drug protocol consisting of Midazolam and Hydromorphone. Since all three states had issues with executions, and the only common factor was Midazolam, it is assumed, Midazolam is the culprit.

Although, this time, OK did not have issues with executions, US-SC still want to have an hearing if using Midazolam in any form during execution is appropriate.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information