Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry William Correll - Florida Execution - October 29, 2015

Senior Member Frequent Poster elsie's Avatar
    Florida has not had any problems, so this should go forward in my opinion.
    Proverbs 21:15 "When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evil doers."

ganeshn2
    No really, I would not be surprised, if it gets a stay in SCOTUS. My reasoning: execution halt in Oklahoma, due to Midazolam being present in LI protocol. But one never knows, lets see.

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    The FSC has ordered the trial court to consider any challenges for midazolam. Correll has not raised any claims that challenge the consitutionality of it he has only asked for a stay since SCOTUS recently granted cert in Oklahoma. A decision is due Wednesday.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/p...risdiction.pdf

Inmate's Execution Argument Rejected

As the U.S. Supreme Court considers the constitutionality of a lethal-injection drug, an Orange County circuit judge Monday rejected a death row inmate's attempt to block a planned Feb. 26 execution.

The Florida Supreme Court last week sent the case to the circuit judge to allow condemned killer Jerry William Correll to make arguments about the disputed drug, midazolam hydrochloride.

The U.S. Supreme Court is weighing the constitutionality of that drug in an Oklahoma case.

But Circuit Judge Jenifer Davis issued a five-page ruling Monday rejecting Correll's arguments.

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...09346/0/search
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Can someone find and post the ruling?

On the FSC website, as always.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/p...ion_Vacate.pdf

Also, oral arguments have been cancelled.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/p...celling_OA.pdf

It doesn't matter what the state does in the end, since the USSC is going to stay this one anyway.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    You need 5 to stay and as 5 didn't want to stay the first OK execution, and Florida unlike Oklahoma is fighting the motions to stay the executions I'm sure it will go through. Also makes sense for them to allow this one to be a living example of how the drugs work or don't work.

Another thing Florida is not a party to the case before the court therefor the inmates there shouldnt be allowed relief under that case.

Senior Member Member OperaGhost84's Avatar
    Don't sleep on the fact that nobody's ever woken up from a Florida execution. It's impossible with the drug load! There hasn't been a Woods or Maguire here because our protocol is such overkill (which is a good thing, I'll argue).
    I am vehemently against Murder. That's why I support the Death Penalty.

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    I agree Florida has it right. Az and OK should apply the Florida protocol.

ganeshn2
    I agree, Florida has got LI protocol right, but so is OK with their new protocol. It is identical to that of FL's. OK, by their new LI protocol, convinces us, yet cannot convince the SCOTUS.

If SCOTUS grants using Midazolam chloride in the LI protocol, that would be ground breaking, and hopefully would expedite the execution in the US.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information