Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: James Milton Dailey - Florida Death Row

Florida’s had dry spells before but there is no excuse for this dry spell. The 2007-2008 dry spell was because of the lethal injection moratorium that US Supreme Court had in place. 2016-2017 dry spell was because of legal upheaval from Hurst. This time there really shouldn’t be any excuses. It’s shameful that the senate President back in 2020, literally said that it was ok to keep Florida at the unanimous jury decisions. The Florida Supreme Court opened the doorway to go back their previous system but the legislature chose not to do so.
    Last edited by Neil; 09-24-2021 at 04:28 PM.

We will see the 100th execution under a different Republican governor. DeSantis has no interest in capital punishment as he is running for the U.S. Senate.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

The man is arguably one of the busiest in the state and can't set aside time it seems to sign a warrant on Dailey or someone else in the meantime. There is a very simple answer to that problem - let the trial court set the death warrant so the governor doesn't have to step in every time. Ridiculous.

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    Should’ve happened a long time ago FFM. As Dave once said on this forum, Florida spends so much money on capital cases only for them to be stonewalled at the governor’s office. If the circuit court actually set execution dates post Furman, Florida probably would have matched Texas by now.

Distributed for conference September 28, 2022.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/21-1411.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    In today's orders, the United States Supreme Court DENIED Dailey's petition for certiorari, but GRANTED Exonerees' motion for leave to proceed in forma pauperis in his case.

Lower Ct: Supreme Court of Florida
    Case Numbers: (SC20-934, SC20-1529)
    Decision Date: September 23, 2021
    Rehearing Denied: December 2, 2021

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/...22zor_fcgj.pdf

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    What does this mean?

Dailey is denied certiorari and the granting of forma pauperis means the petitioner won’t have to pay money for the appeal.

This is due to prisoners being poor and not able to pay their own legal fees.
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 10-03-2022 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Update information
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information