Thread: Hello!

Carlos

Hello!

Hello, I'm Carlos. I'm from Cook County, Illinois.

I'm very interested in true crime, trials, law, I am specifically interested in Murder cases.

I'm a supporter of capital punishment on a case-by-case basis, to be honest I support the death penalty because I would want my murderer to get the death penalty.

I don't believe in capital punishment for non-murdereous offenses, I also agree with the decision in the 2005 US supreme court case Roper V Simmons really just out of principle.

Other than that I like to take things on a case-by-case basis to understand the nuance of things, and render my opinion of whether or not a particular murderer deserves the death penalty based on the aggravating and mitigating evidence and weighing them side-by-side.

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    Welcome aboard, you joined just in time for a fairly controversial execution. Join us in chat tomorrow to discuss.
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

Always great to have another poster join the site welcome!
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

In fact, you've joined right before two executions. Good timing.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Carlos
    Quote Originally Posted by NanduDas View Post
    Welcome aboard, you joined just in time for a fairly controversial execution. Join us in chat tomorrow to discuss.
    Thank you! Where would that discussion be held?

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    If you look at the top of the page, directly under the Crime & Capital Punishment Banner, you’ll see four tabs, with the rightmost one titled “X-Night Chat”. Click on that tab tomorrow around 5:30 pm Central Time, and you’ll find a bunch of us discussing it live.
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

Welcome, Carlos!

I'm in Cook County, too.

Please join us is X-Night Chat tonight and tommorow.
    "Sorry for the delay, I got caught in traffic." — Rodney Scott Berget, South Dakota, October 29, 2018 — final words.

Thread Information