Thread: Anthony Richards Sentenced to 50 Years in 2016 TX Slaying of Charlesetta Telford and her Unborn Child

Anthony Richards Sentenced to 50 Years in 2016 TX Slaying of Charlesetta Telford and her Unborn Child

Charlesetta Telford

Prosecutors seeking death penalty in trial of man accused of killing pregnant woman at Amarillo apartments

By Kaitlin Johnson
    KFDA News

POTTER COUNTY, Texas (KFDA) - Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in the case of Anthony Richards, the man accused of killing a pregnant woman at an Amarillo apartment complex in 2016.

The 47th District Attorney’s Office filed the notice on Friday, August 23.

On the same day, court-appointed defense lawyer Joe Marr Wilson asked a judge to remove him from the case. Wilson said he is not on the list of attorney’s approved to defend capital murder cases.

Richards is facing capital murder charges for the murder of 38-year-old Charlesetta Telford, which also resulted in the death of her unborn child.

The shooting was originally reported at an apartment complex on Plum Creek Drive.

Court records show police say they recovered bullet shells at the crime scene that match shells from an earlier shooting Richards confessed to.

During a follow-up of the Telford murder investigation, a cell phone belonging to Richards’ girlfriend pinged off the tower which covers the Plum Creek Apartments on June 20, during the time of the Telford murder.

Richards is currently being held on $500,000 bond at the Potter County Correction Center.

https://www.newschannel10.com/2019/0...lo-apartments/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Related:

Billy Glenn Ivy Jr. arrested for charges related to murders of pregnant woman and missing woman

By Kaitlin Johnson
    newschannel10.com

AMARILLO, Texas (KFDA) - Billy Glenn Ivy Jr., the man who is accused of mulitiple cases of murder-for-hire, has been arrested for charges related to two different murders.

On Thursday, April 30, the Amarillo Police Department Homicide Unit arrested Ivy for charges related to the shooting death of Charlesetta Telford and her unborn child, which happened in June of 2016.

Ivy also faces charges for the murder of Nicole "Nikki" Moore in December of 2016.

Ivy is charged with capital murder by remuneration of Telford and capital murder by terror/threat or other felony of Moore.

Ivy is currently serving 41 months in jail for having rifles with silencers that weren’t registered, which is against federal law. He faces six murder-for-hire charges.

MORE: A timeline of Belly Glenn Ivy Jr. incidents

https://www.newschannel10.com/2020/0...missing-woman/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Related:

Death penalty sought in new Billy Ivy murder case

By myhighplains.com

AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The death penalty will be sought against Billy Ivy after two new murder charges were brought against him earlier this month.

According to the Amarillo Police Department, Ivy has been arrested on the charge of Capital Murder by Remuneration in the shooting death of Charlesetta Telford and her unborn child.

He was also arrested on the charge of Capital Murder by Terror/Threat or Other Felony for the murder of Nicole Moore.

Moore went missing in December of 2016 and has yet to be found. Amarillo Police is still offering a $10,000 reward for information that helps them find her.

Ivy was booked into the Potter County Detention Center for both charges May 4.

Ivy is also facing six charges of Attempted Capital Murder for Remuneration and charges of arson between Potter and Randall County.

FBI testimony implicated Ivy as possibly being the father of Telford’s unborn child.

https://www.myhighplains.com/news/to...y-murder-case/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Related:

‘The Lord’s dealing with him now': 47th District Attorney gives update following death of man charged with murder-for-hire

By Bailie Myers and Kaitlin Johnson
    KFDA News

AMARILLO, Texas (KFDA) - We have received reports that Billy Glenn Ivy Jr., a man accused of murder-for-hire, was found dead in his jail cell this morning.

Ivy was in jail facing six murder-for-hire charges.

According to the Potter County Sheriff’s Office, officers found an unresponsive inmate alone in his cell around 1:40 a.m.

AMS personnel pronounced him dead at 2:32 a.m. An autopsy will be performed Thursday morning.

The Texas Rangers were called to investigate the death.

In a news conference, 47th District Attorney Randall Sims spoke about the cases involving Ivy.

He said Ivy’s death means the cases will not move forward. When speaking about Ivy, Sims said he was never going to stop trying to have the victims killed.

He said that Ivy stated, “They won’t ever stop me. They can’t stop me. I’ll never quit.”

When asked about what Sims would say to the victims' families, Sims said he was sorry for the way this turned out, but “The Lord’s dealing with him now.”

Amarillo police arrested Ivy on April 30 for charges related to the shooting death of Charlesetta Telford and her unborn child, which happened in June of 2016.

Ivy also faces charges for the murder of Nicole "Nikki" Moore in December of 2016.

According to Potter County court records, prosecutors say they intended to seek the death penalty in two of the capital murder cases.

The investigation into the death is ongoing.

The Amarillo Police Department will host a news conference on Thursday morning at 11:00 a.m. The department says Chief Birkenfeld and the APD Homicide Unit will discuss Nicole Moore’s case an the connection to Billy Glenn Ivy Jr.

https://www.kcbd.com/2020/09/16/repo...ead-jail-cell/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Sentenced to 50 years on October 15, 2020

https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/Offe...n?sid=07335312
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Another person indicted in connection with the Billy Ivy, Jr. murder for hire plot

By myhighplains.com

AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Another indictment has come down in Potter County in connection with the Billy Ivy, Jr. murder for hire plot.

Jessica Black, 40, was indicted for the June 2016 murder of Charlesetta Telford and her unborn child.

She was charged with capital murder of multiple people.

Telford was shot and killed at her apartment complex.

In May of last year, Billy Ivy was indicted for capital murder for remuneration in connection to the death of Charlesetta Telford and her unborn child.

According to court records, Anthony Richards was sentenced to 50 years for his involvement in the case last October.

Ivy was found dead in his cell in the Potter County Jail last September of a suicide by overdose.

Ivy was facing a number of charges in both Potter and Randall County ranging from arson to murder for hire.

https://www.myhighplains.com/news/lo...for-hire-plot/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information