Thread: Dekota Harvey Sentenced to LWOP in 2019 AR Slaying of his Wife, Elizabeth Dawson and Cellmate, Luis Cobos-Cenobio

Dekota Harvey Sentenced to LWOP in 2019 AR Slaying of his Wife, Elizabeth Dawson and Cellmate, Luis Cobos-Cenobio

At right Elizabeth Dawson

Dekota Harvey (left), and Luis Cobos-Cenobio

Man charged with murder accused of killing Washington County cellmate

By Tom Sissom
    Arkansas Online

FAYETTEVILLE — Dekota Harvey, charged with capital murder in the death of his girlfriend, is accused of killing his cellmate about midnight Tuesday in the Washington County jail.

About 8:33 p.m Tuesday, Harvey was moved to a different block in the detention center because he told a deputy he was afraid for his life. Harvey specifically asked to be moved to cell R-21, according to a press release from the Washington County Sheriff's Department.

Jail checks were completed at 11:25 p.m. on cell R-21 and everything appeared to be normal. About 12:23 a.m. the cell was checked again by a detention deputy.

The deputy found Harvey waiting at the cell door, and Luis Cobos-Cenobio laying on his back in the cell floor by his bunk bed.

Harvey told the detention deputy he killed Cobos-Cenobio, but he did it because Cobos-Cenobio wanted him to do it.

The deputy called for backup, opened the cell door, and began rendering aid immediately by starting CPR on Cobos-Cenobio.

Central EMS was called at 12:26 a.m. and they arrived at 12:30 a.m., but they were unable to resuscitate Cobos-Cenobio and ended their efforts at 12:57 a.m. Cobos-Cenobio was taken by the Washington County Coroner’s
    Office and his body will be submitted to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy.

Harvey was arrested in March in connection with the shooting death of Elizabeth Dawson. He has pleaded not guilty to murder in Washington County Circuit Court.

According to police reports. Dawson died from a single gunshot wound to the chest. Another woman, Courtney Willie, was shot in the leg during the incident at 900 N. Leverett Ave. Apt. 363. Police said Willie had kicked
    Harvey, her boyfriend, out of the apartment earlier that evening and he returned later to gather some of his belongings when the shooting took place.

Cobos-Cenobio was being held in connection with attempted capital murder for a November 2018 incident in which he allegedly shot at police officers during a car chase in Tontitown and Springdale. No officers were injured.

Source (Arkansas Online)
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Dekota Harvey charged with capital murder for death of inmate

By Gary Gilbert
    KFTA News

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KFTA) — Dekota Harvey has been formally charged with capital murder in the death of a cellmate.

Harvey was in jail for capital murder and attempted capital murder.

Harvey is accused of killing Luis Cobos-Cenobio in a Washington County jail cell.

Harvey will be in court next Monday, September 9.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/myfox24/...te-2/#/gallery
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

September 9, 2019

Fayetteville man charged with capital murder appears in court

Dekota Harvey told authorities his cellmate wanted to be killed

By Nkiruka Azuka
    KNWA News

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA) — A Fayetteville capital murder suspect appeared at the Washington County Courthouse on Monday (September 9).

In March, 22-year-old Dekota Harvey pleaded not guilty to shooting and killing his ex-girlfriend and shooting her friend. He was charged with capital murder and attempted capital murder and was awaiting trial at the Washington County Detention Center.

In August, Harvey was accused of strangling and killing his 29-year-old cellmate, Luis Cobos-Cenobio. Harvey told authorities Cobos-Cenobio wanted him to do it. Sheriff Tim Helder said the victim was on suicide watch but had been taken off. Harvey was charged with capital murder in this case.

Harvey could face life in prison or the death penalty.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/knw...ears-in-court/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Dekota Harvey hearing scheduled for 2020

By KARK News

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA) — A man accused of two different murders will next appear in court next year.

Dekota Harvey was in court this morning for a hearing. His next court appearance was set for February 14, 2020.

Harvey is accused of shooting two women in Fayetteville, killing one. Harvey is also accused of killing his cellmate in August.

Harvey is being held in the Washington County Jail with no bond.

https://www.kark.com/news/local-news...uled-for-2020/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

COVID pushes back trial for man facing capital murder charges

KFSM News

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KFSM) — The trial for Dekota Harvey, a man facing two Capital Murder charges – one for allegedly killing another inmate and another for fatally shooting a woman at a Fayetteville apartment complex in 2019, has been pushed back to June 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Harvey, along with several other individuals, was set to appear in court on Tuesday, Nov. 17. Due to COVID-19’s impact on local courts, his trial has been rescheduled to June 15, 202, at 8:30 a.m. in Washington County.

In Nov. 2019, the defendants for Harvey filed a motion to have a psychological evaluation held for their client. This could have an impact on his sentencing in the future.

Harvey is accused of firing several shots at two women in the South Creekside Apartments on March 14, 2019, killing 20-year-old Elizabeth Dawson. One of the women, Elizabeth Dawson, 20, died from the shooting. The incident stemmed from one of the victims kicking Harvey out of their apartment.

Later that year, Harvey made headlines again after he confessed to killing a fellow inmate at the Washington County Detention Center. Harvey claimed the other inmate, Luis Cobos-Cenobio, asked him to kill him.

Washington County Sheriff Tim Helder told 5NEWS they had no reason to believe Cabos-Cenobio was suicidal. According to Kelly Cantrell, Washington County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson, Cabos-Cenobio was initially on suicide watch following his arrest, but medical staff removed him in December 2018.

https://ktvz.com/news/national-world...urder-charges/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Dekota Harvey pleads guilty to killing two people to avoid death penalty

By Gary Gilbert
    nwahomepage.com

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) - A Fayetteville man has pleaded guilty to shooting a woman in the chest and killing an inmate at Washington County Jail in 2019.

Dekota Harvey, 24, pleaded guilty on Tuesday, March 9 to two counts of capital murder and one count of attempted capital murder.

Harvey received life without the possibility of parole for the two counts of capital murder and a life sentence for the attempted capital murder.

In exchange for the guilty plea, prosecutors will not pursue the death penalty.

Harvey has been in custody since March of 2019 on attempted capital murder and capital murder charges.

Harvey shot his ex-girlfriend in the leg and killed her friend by shooting her in the chest.

KNWA/FOX24 talked with the survivors of the shooting in March 2019 who said their lives are changed forever by the ‘monster’ who took their best friend and girlfriend’s life.

“It went through the door and then I looked up and I see the bullets flying and I heard two more and I didn’t know what was happening I was just screaming,” said Courtney Willie, Dekota Harvey’s ex-friend and victim of the shooting.

The incident was a breakup turned deadly.

“I thought they were all dead because there were so many gunshots and I had seen what he did to Alexis so I thought the worse had happened to Shae,” says Teanna Shaffer, shooting survivor.

Twenty-one-year-old Courtney Willie, also known as Shea, and 22-year-old Dekota Harvey dated for almost two years. Willie said after constant abuse she decided she had enough.

“He didn’t like anybody making me happy. He was very angry almost all the time no matter what I did,” said Willie.

In August 2019, Harvey admitted to strangling and killing his cellmate Luis Cobos-Cenobio while in custody at Washington County jail.

Harvey will be transferred an Arkansas Department of Corrections state prison.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/northwes...death-penalty/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information