Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald David Dillbeck - Florida Execution - February 23, 2023

Dillbeck has an execution date of February 23, 2023.

http://onlinedocketssc.flcourts.org/...seNumber=77752
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Too little to late.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

He’s also pushing for the 12-0 law to be nixed. That should’ve happened 3 years ago when the justices threw out Hurst.

Finally. But what about James Dailey, William Lee Thompson & Duane Owen?
    At least Desantis doesn't have to worry about Guy Gamble anymore.

I’m sure he’ll get to them eventually.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    I'm gonna go ahead and be optimistic that DeSantis will go after 6-7 of these turds this year.

That would imply a Florida execution every other month, which is possible but I wouldn’t bet on it

Donald Dillbeck could return to Tallahassee for death penalty hearings

Judge signs transport order in advance of hearings next week

Donald Dillbeck, who is facing execution next month, could return to Tallahassee next week.

Court records show the judge has signed a transport order to bring Dillbeck back to Tallahassee for a pair of court hearings now set for February 1st and 3rd.

Governor DeSantis signed a death warrant for Dillbeck earlier this week.

Dillbeck is on death row for the June 1990 murder of Faye Vann. Vann was killed as she sat in the parking lot of the Tallahassee Mall. According to court records, Dillbeck - who was already serving a life sentence in a deputy’s murder - escaped from a work detail in Gadsden County, stabbed Vann and stole her car.

(source: wctv.tv)
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Dillbeck will be only the second death row inmate from Leon County executed. The only other one was John Spenkelink.

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Judge denies Donald Dillbeck’s request for a stay of execution

By Jaclyn Harold
    WCTV

A judge has just denied convicted killer Donald Dillbeck’s request for a stay of execution as well as new claims raised by his defense team this week.

The judge had already cancelled plans to transport Dillbeck to Tallahassee for an evidentiary hearing tomorrow, saying it “is not necessary.”

Circuit Judge Angela Dempsey reaching that decision after hearing arguments this week and reading “the entire transcript of both the guilt/innocence and penalty phases of the trial.”

Dillbeck’s attorney, Baya Harrison, says “We respect the judge’s decision, but we will appeal to the Florida Supreme Court.”

https://www.wctv.tv/2023/02/02/judge...m_content=wctv

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information