Thread: Christopher Prestipino Sentenced to 10-25 Years in 2019 NV Murder of Esmeralda Gonzalez

Senior Member CnCP Legend

Christopher Prestipino Sentenced to 10-25 Years in 2019 NV Murder of Esmeralda Gonzalez

Las Vegas man pleads not guilty in death of woman found in concrete

By Bradford Betz
    Fox News

A Las Vegas man on Tuesday pleaded not guilty to killing a 24-year-old model whose body was discovered in a “concrete and wooden structure” in the desert last month.

Christopher Prestipino, 45, had been indicted on murder, kidnapping and conspiracy charges in the death of Esmeralda Gonzalez.

Prestipino and his 39-year-old roommate, Casandra Garrett, are accused of poisoning and strangling Gonzalez in May.

Gonzalez's body was found in October near the Interstate 15 community of Glendale, about 50 miles northeast of Las Vegas.

Garrett was arrested last month in Wisconsin, where she is jailed in Milwaukee pending her extradition to Nevada, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

Prestipino's 31-year-old girlfriend, Lisa Mort, is due in court next month on a charge of aiding a felon.

Prestipino has a criminal history that includes manufacturing methamphetamine and possession of a dangerous weapon, FOX5 Las Vegas reported, citing court documents.

His lawyer, William Terry, was not available for comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas...woman-concrete
    Last edited by Steven; 05-03-2023 at 07:33 AM. Reason: spacing

Suspect sentenced in death of Las Vegas model found in concrete

By Elaine Emerson

LAS VEGAS, Nev. (FOX5) - A man accused of killing a Las Vegas model and burying her body in concrete was sentenced in Clark County court in connection with her death.

Christopher Prestipino is accused of killing Esmeralda Gonzalez, a model who went missing in late May 2019. Two other suspects, Lisa Mort and Casandra Garret, were also arrested in connection with her death.

Gonzalez’s body was found in a concrete-wooden structure in a desert area north of Las Vegas on Oct. 8, 2019.

Mort reportedly knew that Prestipino killed Gonzalez in June 2019, investigators said. According to an arrest report, Prestipino strangled Gonzalez while he was high on methamphetamine.

Court records show Prestipino pleaded guilty via an Alford plea on March 13 to felony kidnapping and murder. An Alford plea is a “no contest” plea in which the court can treat the defendant as guilty without the defendant having to admit guilt.

Judge Carli Kierny sentenced Prestipino to 10 to 25 years in prison on the charges.

Garrett pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in February 2021, according to court records. Mort pleaded guilty as an accessory to murder in February 2020.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2023/04/25...outputType=amp
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information