Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul Durousseau - Florida

This thug raped and murdered at least 7 women, possibly more. The two who voted against death at his first trial are cowards and should have their identities exposed
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsicles View Post
    This thug raped and murdered at least 7 women, possibly more. The two who voted against death at his first trial are cowards and should have their identities exposed
    They only tried him on the one murder and I think that was a lazy mistake. I don't think the other murders ever came up in sentencing.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Wilso
    After death sentence thrown out, convicted killer gets life in prison

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Paul Durousseau, a convicted murderer who is also suspected in the deaths of five other women, was resentenced Friday to life in prison.

In 2007, Durousseau was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death for the 1999 murder of 24-year-old Tyresa Mack, one of six murders he was accused of committing from 1997 to 2003 in Jacksonville and Georgia. Only the case involving Mack went to trial.

Durousseau was a taxi driver at the time of the suspected killings, which were spread out in Jacksonville for years until his arrest in 2003.

After the first conviction, the jury’s verdict was 10-2 for the death penalty. But state law has since been changed to require a unanimous verdict, including in some cases retroactively. The high court rejected arguments for a new trial.

This week was Durousseau’s new sentencing, with a newly selected jury. That jury on Friday arrived at a 10-2 majority recommendation, but it was not unanimous. Durousseau was then subsequently sentenced to life in prison.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...ife-in-prison/

Jacksonville is becoming less and less reliable for a 12-0 death sentence. Of course the Florida Supreme Court destroyed Hurst last year but DeSantis has no intentions of ever going back to their old law. Of course non of these retrials would be happening if his justices just reinstated everyone’s death sentence that won Hurst relief. Instead they just nixed the 12-0 law.
    Last edited by Neil; 12-10-2021 at 05:03 PM.

He can still be tried for the other six murders. Get a change of venue to a reliable county
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

The only good thing DeSantis has done is allow people to pay fees with crypto currency’s lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information