Thread: Christopher Paul Kornegay Jr. Charged in 2023 NC Slaying of Audrey White and Ardrie White

Christopher Paul Kornegay Jr. Charged in 2023 NC Slaying of Audrey White and Ardrie White

Audrey White and Ardrie White

DEPUTIES: Man kills fiancee and her teenage son in Onslow County

By WITN News

ONSLOW COUNTY, N.C. (WITN) - Deputies in Onslow County say a man early Friday morning killed his fiancee and her teenage son.

Christopher Kornegay has been charged with two counts of murder.

Deputies were checking out a disturbance at a home on Adagio Trail near Richlands when they found the 31-year-old man armed and standing in the roadway.

Inside the home, deputies discovered 40-year-old Audrey White and her 14-year-old son, Ardrie White, both dead from apparent gunshot wounds.

Deputies say the woman was recently engaged to Kornegay, who has a court appearance set for March 6th.

There was a history of domestic violence-related issues at the home and this case appears to be related, according to the sheriff’s office.

Onslow County Schools said Ardrie White was an 8th grader at Trexler Middle School where additional counselors were on hand Friday, while the district’s Crisis Team will be at the school on Monday.

https://www.witn.com/2023/03/03/depu...onslow-county/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Father wants death penalty for man accused of killing son & ex-wife

By WITN News

ONSLOW COUNTY, N.C. (WITN) - A man is speaking out, days after his son and ex-wife were found murdered in their Onslow County home.

Audrey White, and her 14-year-old son, Ardrie, were shot to death early Friday on Adagio Trail which is east of Richlands.

Deputies say the 40-year-old woman’s financé, Christopher Kornegay, Jr., was found in the roadway with a gun. He has been charged with two counts of murder.

“I want him to get the death penalty, I already told the detective or whatever,” said Dexter White, the child’s father. “He’s gotta go. There’s no forgiveness.”

Deputies say there was a history of domestic violence-related issues at the home and the murders appear to be related.

The father said neither his son nor his ex-wife ever opened up about any violence within the home.

“They argued sometimes, and stuff like that but I always asked Ardrie if he had done anything to you and they would say no,” said White. “He really didn’t like Chris.”

An impromptu memorial continues to grow outside of the murder scene.

The teen was an 8th grader at Trexler Middle School who loved to play online games with his father. White, who lives in Georgia, said every day after school he would see his son’s gamer tag pop up on his television screen.

“When he gets home from school he would try to get some gaming in before his mom comes home for a couple minutes or whatever but like, Friday, I didn’t see it come up,” said White.

Kornegay went before a judge Friday afternoon who ordered him held without bond.

https://www.witn.com/2023/03/06/fath...g-son-ex-wife/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information