Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many executions will Alabama have this year?

How many executions will Alabama have this year?

Given the Price episode last spring, Alabama has not put anyone to death. Who is on that list that didn’t choose nitrogen gas? I know we’re not really supposed to talk about DPIC, but Robert Dunham is correct about these lawmakers. They don’t know what they’re doing when it comes to setting up a new protocol. Florida seems to be the only state that has successfully mastered that.

Bobby Waldrop and Artez Hammonds could possibly be executed this year

My question is why don’t more states look for etomidate? Florida got them with no problems. Instead, Oklahoma and Alabama are wasting their time with nitrogen gas which will just give inmates more legal challenges. Nebraska used fentanyl. That’s useless because they won’t get drugs like that again.

Again Durham makes basic observations that we also made about the method change.

Alabama in their indefinite wisdom didn't mark down or record all of the people that switched. They even tried to get a warrant for Jarrod Taylor and discovered that he switched after his attorney showed them so.

States don't switch to actual realistic methods because they don't want to actually carry out executions, in Alabama's case their legislators are all brainlets. They just want to make it look like they want to.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

AL did so in a knee jerk reaction. AL actually wants to execute but as you said are brainlets.

I still say Taylor's attorney may have forged it since he wasn't listed with the other 48 who chose nitrogen. AL should have tried their luck accusing Taylor's attorney of fabricating it and tried to ram it through a 5-4 SCOTUS.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

The attorney general there should be their next governor. He actually cares about executing people. Dunham even gave him heat with his push to execute Price. Dunham always attacks conservative politicians who want to execute inmates. Dieter, looking at his old videos, his main target was John Ashcroft. John Ashcroft would always seek the federal death penalty. He even moved the DC Sniper’s trial from Maryland to Virginia. Virginia was such a good death penalty state during that era.

Yes Steve Marshall is a great AG. But Kay Ivey is a great governor who will deny clemency 100 percent of the time.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Robert Dunham hates Steve Marshall. Like how Richard Dieter hated John Ashcroft. Of the two, I wonder who is more anti? It’s a close race. People are getting sick of rinos that’s why even trump backed candidates we’re decimated later on. The Louisiana Governor’s race was an example of that. In that race the Trump backed candidate didn’t support the death penalty. Not to support the death penalty there is a mistake. I’m shocked the DeWine went on to win. I’m also surprised Trump endorsed him. Had Jim Renacci stayed in the race, Ohio would still be executing people. Renacci should primary DeWine. If not, then Dave Yost should challenge him. The only reason DeWine stopped executions were due to his faith. He’s just using Merz as a reason to stop them. I don’t want to attack faith, but governors in the past and in the present, regardless of faith, still allowed executions to go through. Pete Ricketts and Ron Desantis are two recent examples.
    Last edited by Neil; 01-18-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Of all the warrant ready inmates in Alabama, I only know four that didn’t choose Nitrogen. Bobby Waldrop, Artez Hammonds, Michael Taylor, and Jarrell Lee. I’m not sure about Nathaniel Woods

How do you know they didn't choose nitrogen?
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information