Thread: What countries are likely to reinstate the death penalty?

What countries are likely to reinstate the death penalty?

I want to say the Philippines. However, who knows if they will. The were a chamber short in 17. I thought in the midterms they would’ve definitely reinstated it.

None of them will restore because of the financial benefits of not reinstating it. Token enforcement isn't worth all the big banks and corps from refusing to do business in your nation.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

I really wanted Duterte to be successful in reinstating it. It gave me hope after his midterm wins. The more countries that have it, the more drugs we can get.
    Last edited by Neil; 01-29-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Senior Member Frequent Poster joe_con's Avatar
    Duterte himself should be executed, that guy is a self admitted murderer. Would be classic if he gets the DP reinstated and ends up being the first one to be executed.

Not gonna lie, I love the man.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

New Zealand was thinking about reinstating it after Christchurch
    South Africa was talking about reinstating it
    Sweden and Haiti were debating the matter
    Britain might since they left the EU
    Colombia was thinking about reinstating it because of Pedro Lopez and Luis Garavito
    Philippines was talking about reinstating it some time ago
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Turkey’s president keeps talking about it. However, he’s taken no action. He’s just a squawk-box Duterte is possibly the only one who will be successful enough to do so. The more countries that have capital punishment the better it is for the United States. In particular, it would be beneficial to us if countries like the UK and New Zealand ever revived it. My conversation with Ryan did make see it’s going to be very difficult for it to be reimposed in the UK given it still has to do business with the European Union. It would be far greater of a chance once they are dismantled.

Turkey does have the death penalty. It's just extrajudicial. Erdogan's to busy ferrying jihadists around in the middle east to make it official.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

The UK would be a solid country to execute people there are many murderers there that must die. New Zealand as well. South Africa would’ve been a good death penalty country but they abolished it 1995. They were very successful in executed people and now look at it. I worry a lot that crime will once again run afoul in this country. Look at countries that don’t have it. South Africa’s murder rates have surged to unbelievable heights. Europe is constantly under assault. The crimes taking place in the Philippines were out of control until Duterte took office. Although, Duterte himself is vile. He has killed so many drug lords there and eased the crime rates there.

Thread Information