Thread: Chances of someone being executed under 30

Senior Member Frequent Poster joe_con's Avatar

Chances of someone being executed under 30

I personally don't think you will see someone executed again under the age of 30. Danny Lopez was the last inmate executed under 30 and I don't think you will see that happen again. He was executed in 2015.

The Factors
    -The killer would have to be 18-27
    -The killer would have to be caught right away
    -The Killer would have to kill in Texas, Alabama, South Dakota and maybe Oklahoma if they actually get up and running again.
    -The Killer would have to pled guilty and waive their right to a trial and a sentencing phase(if that is even possible)
    -The Killer would have to have be found competent to do the above mentioned legal actions
    -The Killer would have to waive all legal appeals and again be found competent to do so
    -The Courts would have to not find some new issues with the method of execution during this whole process

Thoughts on this?

Heres my view

1. Be 18, 19, or 20 when sentenced to death
    2. Be sentenced in either Texas, Oklahoma or Virginia
    3. Exhaust appeals in less than 10 years
    4. Be executed without getting a bogus stay like Milam

Bobsicles,

Although I can't help but laugh everytime I see your username, I can be serious in my post and say this thread is ridiculous in more ways then one. Somebody being executed under 30 is not a longshot at all.... in texas you can murder at 18-20 years old... go to trial by 21-23, be sentenced and lose all appeals in 6 years or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter33 View Post
    Bobsicles,

Although I can't help but laugh everytime I see your username, I can be serious in my post and say this thread is ridiculous in more ways then one. Somebody being executed under 30 is not a longshot at all.... in texas you can murder at 18-20 years old... go to trial by 21-23, be sentenced and lose all appeals in 6 years or less.
    If it is so ridiculous how come it hasn't happened since 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by joe_con View Post
    If it is so ridiculous how come it hasn't happened since 2015?
    It would’ve happened with Blain Milam last year. However, as you know, the clown circus stayed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thakker View Post
    It would’ve happened with Blain Milam last year. However, as you know, the clown circus stayed it.
    Exactly my point, I see a trend and the trend is that it is not likely to see someone executed under 30 again unless they meet those factors I pointed out.

Thread Information