Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murder Trial Set for Megan Boswell in 2020 TN Slaying of Evelyn Mae Boswell

Senior Member CnCP Legend

Murder Trial Set for Megan Boswell in 2020 TN Slaying of Evelyn Mae Boswell

2 arrested in connection to disappearance of 15-month-old Tennessee girl: reports

By Paulina Dedaj
    Fox News

Investigators in Tennessee looking into the disappearance of a 15-month-old girl have arrested two people in connection to the case, according to reports.

William McCloud and Angela Boswell were arrested Friday in North Carolina on one count of possession of stolen property, WCYB reported, citing the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office.

Police say the pair was found inside a vehicle linked to the disappearance of Evelyn Boswell, who was last seen on Dec. 26. The relationship between the suspects and the child was not immediately known, and they have not been charged with her disappearance.

Despite being last seen almost two months ago, Evelyn was only reported missing on Feb. 18, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

On Friday, investigators released images of a BMW and said the individuals with that vehicle “are believed to have information” pertaining to Evelyn’s whereabouts.

The girl’s mother, Megan Boswell, told police that her daughter was with someone she trusted to watch her while she was at work, but she declined to name that person, FOX8 reported.

Police said the mother is cooperating with the investigation but her information has been inconsistent, WCYB reported.

“The reason I didn't report it or anything was I knew the person who had her, and I didn't want them to run away with her," Boswell previously told the station. "And as soon as they thought anything was going on, they just kinda vanished. So I'm just kinda worried, you know, about where they are at. What they're doing with her at this point in time."

Evelyn was still reported missing at the time of Boswell and McCloud’s arrests.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-arreste...oddler-reports
    Last edited by Steven; 10-28-2022 at 04:50 AM.

I think they just found this babies remains.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Remains thought to be missing 15-month-old found in Tennessee

The remains believed to be that of Evelyn Boswell were found in a search of property belonging to a relative of the toddler’s mother.

By Phil Helsel
    NBC News

Remains thought to be those of a 15-month-old Tennessee girl who has not been seen since December were discovered Friday evening, officials said.

Evelyn Mae Boswell's mother and grandmother were arrested last month, and officials say the investigation has been complicated because the toddler's relatives have given conflicting statements.

The remains were found after investigators "searched a property belonging to a family member of Evelyn's mother, Megan Boswell" in Blountville, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said.

An autopsy is pending, and the investigation remains ongoing, the bureau said.

No new charges related to the apparent discovery of the child’s body were announced.

Megan Boswell, 18, was arrested by the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office last month and charged with making false reports after investigators determined she provided false information, officials have said.

The toddler was not reported missing until last month but hasn't been seen since late last year.

Sullivan County Sheriff Jeff Cassidy said last week that statements Boswell made delayed the investigation.

"Every time we talk to her, her story changes," Cassidy said then. "I'm serious when I say that. Every single time."

Court documents say Boswell initially told police that her baby was with her father, whom she was to meet at a store in Colonial Heights, NBC affiliate WCYB of Bristol, Virginia, has reported. The father, who is stationed with the military in Louisiana, did not have the child.

Megan Boswell's mother, Angela Boswell, and her boyfriend were arrested in Wilkes County, North Carolina, in February after investigators searching for the child put out an alert saying the people in the car they were driving may have information about the case.

Neither has been charged in connection with the disappearance, but they have been charged because the owner of the BMW reported it stolen, according to WCYB. Both have recently been released on bond, according to the station.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...essee-n1152046

Megan Boswell seeks release from jail amid investigation into daughter’s death

Associated Press

BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee mother jailed for allegedly giving false information in the disappearance of her infant daughter has been asking a judge to release her from prison.

The remains of Megan Boswell’s daughter, 15-month-old Evelyn Mae Boswell, were found nearly five months ago inside a shed owned by her grandfather.

The child’s teenage mother, Megan Boswell, has been jailed in Sullivan County on charges she lied about her daughter’s whereabouts.

Her attorney, Brad Sproles, has been pushing a judge to lower the $150,000 bond on 11 counts of filing a false report, The Knoxville News Sentinel reported. So far, Sullivan County Judge James Goodwin has refused.

Sproles said told Goodwin on Friday that Megan Boswell has already served five months in the false report case. He said if she had been tried and convicted she would likely qualify for probation.

Goodwin left Megan Boswell’s bond intact and postponed her hearing in the false report case until Aug. 28.

The discovery of the toddler’s body March 6 followed a search across three states for the girl. Megan Boswell was arrested Feb. 25. Authorities said her inaccurate and conflicting statements had impeded the investigation.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/crime-trac...ughters-death/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Evelyn Boswell’s mom posted child killers deserve the death penalty ‘months before murdering her toddler’

Megan Boswell, 19, of Tennessee, also wrote messages online about how much she loved her daughter weeks before allegedly murdering the child.

She has now been charged with two counts of felony murder, one count of aggravated child abuse, one count of child neglect, and one count of abuse of a corpse.

"During the course of the investigation, it was determined that Megan Boswell killed Evelyn and disposed of her body,” a TBI spokesperson said in a statement released Thursday.

Just a few months before the 15-month-old child was last seen alive, Boswell repeatedly professed her love for Evelyn on her social media accounts.

“I'm not the best mom in the world, but I try so hard for this little beauty,” she wrote alongside photos of Evelyn on September 6 last year.“I can't even explain the love I feel for her, and I know she loves me too.

“Lately my life’s been really sucky but she'll come reach for me and say ‘mom mom’ and my heart melts and I'm reminded of her unconditional love.”

Boswell went on to declare that she was a “young mom” but that her life was “so much better with this angel”.

“My life wasn't ruined when I had her, she gave me a purpose and a reason to wake up everyday and to better myself,” Boswell continued.

“There’s no love like the love from your child!”

Boswell also told her followers that she would “teach Evelyn not to be a bully, but I'm also gonna teach her to not take s**t from anyone either”.

In another post that same month, Boswell shared a meme which stated that anyone who wanted to “know what true love is” should “have some kids”.

The following day she reposted a quote which stated: “the person I needed the most taught me I don’t need anybody.”

On September 10, she shared another message, in which she expressed support of the death penalty for child killers.

“If we can put dogs down for biting folk then we can put a human down for raping & killing a 6 year old.”

Her public posts stopped less than a week later. About two months later, Evelyn disappeared.

But it wasn’t until February of this year that Evelyn’s grandfather, Tommy Sr Boswell, reportedly realized the child was missing and reported the matter to authorities.

Authorities issued an Amber Alert and worked desperately to search for the missing toddler in Tennessee and other states. Investigators received more than 1,000 tips in relation to the toddler's disappearance, according to the TBI.

After a 16-day search, Evelyn's remains were found in a pile of diapers, clothing and toys in an “outbuilding” on property belonging to one of Boswell's relatives in Blountville, Tennessee.

She was wearing the same clothes she had last been seen in on December 26, police said.

The mother was already being held in Sullivan County jail with making false reports in connection to her daughter's disappearance.

She was indicted on 11 counts of making false statements in May.

Boswell has also been charged with one count of failure to report a death under suspicious, unusual or unnatural circumstances, and twelve counts of false reports.

"If found guilty of felony murder, she could spend the rest of her life in prison," lawyer Don Bosch said.

Boswell initially told investigators Evelyn was with her dad – but it was discovered he was actually on duty in the military and stationed in Louisiana.

She allegedly then changed her story and told authorities that her mother, Angela Boswell, took the toddler to a campground in Mendota, Virginia.

Police did not find the child there, either.

Investigators said Boswell’s inaccurate and conflicting statements delayed and impeded the investigation.

Angela and her boyfriend William McCloud were arrested in North Carolina amid the investigations.

The Grandmother was charged with theft and violating probation.

Evelyn’s father, Ethan Perry, and his family released a statement yesterday regarding the tragic death of his daughter.

“Our focus has always been Evelyn and now on the investigation and bringing all of those responsible to justice,” it read.

“We have complete faith and confidence in law enforcement to do just that.

“We ask you all again to please respect our privacy.

“At the same time, we would also like to thank the public for their outpouring of love for Evelyn and law enforcement for their incredible dedication to this case.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/124682...ering-toddler/
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Megan Boswell pleads not guilty to murder of her daughter

WCYB

SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. — Megan Boswell pleaded not guilty Friday to the murder of her daughter, baby Evelyn Boswell.

Megan Boswell's attorney has filed a motion for a change of venue.

Megan Boswell made her first court appearance Friday since being charged with the murder of her daughter earlier this month.

A grand jury indicted Boswell on 19 charges earlier this month, including felony murder and child abuse.

She was charged with false reporting back in February and later charged with 10 more counts of false reporting.

Evelyn's remains were found on family property in Sullivan County back in March 2020.

The toddler was last seen in December and wasn't reported missing until February.

The next hearing date has been set for December 3.

https://wcyb.com/news/local/megan-bo...pears-in-court

Prosecutors to seek life imprisonment without parole for Megan Boswell

The Sullivan County District Attorney General’s office stated Friday in court that they would be seeking a sentence of life imprisonment without parole should Megan Boswell be found guilty in the death of her daughter, Evelyn.

The district attorney’s office will not seek the death penalty against Megan Boswell.

Megan Boswell has been charged with 2 counts of felony murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated child neglect, and other charges.

She has pleaded not guilty to all 19 of the charges she faces. Megan appeared in court virtually from the Sullivan County Jail, where she’s been held since her arrest in February 2020.

District Attorney General Barry Staubus made the announcement in court Friday morning.

According to court documents, the state is seeking the sentence due to the fact that Evelyn was a person less than 12 years of age and Megan is a defendant over the age of 18.

Boswell’s attorney, Brad Sproles, stated the defense still needed to go through some recordings that hadn’t been provided to them.

The district attorney general’s office is still going through some of the information before sharing it with Sproles.

Following the hearing, Sproles told News Channel 11 he was not surprised the state chose not to seek the death penalty against her.

“I think the law was probably against the state for the death penalty,” said Sproles.

Staubus said based on legal precedent from the Tennessee Supreme Court, he determined life imprisonment without parole was the best option for state prosecutors to pursue.

Staubus cited the huge amount of evidence, including forensic, interviews, and reports, as a complicating factor in the case. He said prosecutors are still waiting for some forensic evidence to be returned.

“So we’re not finished with the process. And of course when we recieve that, we have to provide that to defense counsel, and they have to be able to review it and evaluate it before trial,” said Staubus.

Megan spoke at one point in Friday’s proceedings.

“Mr. Sproles and I have resolved any issues I had with his representation, your Honor,” she said.

“Alright, so you’re good to go forward?” Judge James Goodwin asked.

“Yes sir,” said Megan.

Sproles addressed the moment after court.

“I’m sure you can understand, in a serious case like this there’s sometimes some issues,” he said. “You don’t always agree on things. And she had expressed some concerns to me. And we met and talked about those. I left it in her discretion what she wanted to do. She apparently decided we had worked through our issues, and she wanted me to continue on as her attorney.”

Sproles has been going through the stacks of information he’s been given with Megan.

“She reads through it, asks good questions about it. So I have no complaints about her at all,” he said.

Sproles also addressed the change of venue motion he had previously filed due to the heavy media coverage surrounding Megan’s case. On Friday, he said the motion was filed prematurely.

“It was simply everybody I talked to asked me, you know, they would say, ‘Hello.’ And the next thing out of their mouth was, ‘Are you going to ask for a change of venue?’ So I went ahead and filed it,” Sproles said. “I know that it was early. There’s some procedures that we will have to follow in that motion. I think the judge will have us and the state take some steps before he finally rules on that motion. There’s some things that we can do, such as jury questionnaires, to test out the jury pool to see if there’s prejudice because of the publicity.”

Sproles also said more motions could be filed, based on the evidence.

Judge Goodwin set a status hearing for May 14. Attorneys said by that date, they hope to have reviewed all the evidence involved in the case.

(source: WJHL news)

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

I’m getting real tired of my state not seeking the death penalty for crimes such as this
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Your state is not a death penalty state it hasn’t been a big death penalty state since the 90s. Nearly 60 percent of DR there is from the decade of the 90s. It’s executed 13 people since Gregg and very unlikely to execute again.
    Last edited by Neil; 01-29-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Tennessee Tot Evelyn Boswell Was Suffocated by Blanket and Foil, Pathologist Testifies

By Allison Quinn
    Daily Beast

Tennessee toddler Evelyn Boswell, the 15-month-old girl whose weeks-long disappearance in 2020 ended in heartbreak after her remains were found on family-owned property, was suffocated by a blanket and aluminum foil, a forensic pathologist testified.

The revelation was made Friday at a hearing to discuss which photos can be used as evidence in the trial against Boswell’s mother, Megan, who is accused of murdering her daughter and going to great lengths to cover it up.

Dr. Darinka Mileusnic-Polchan, the chief medical examiner in Knox and Anderson counties, testified that the jury should see certain photos of the toddler’s body, as they would help them decide whether the death was deliberate or accidental, WJHL reported.

According to Mileusnic-Polchan, the 15-month-old’s body had been folded in an unnatural position when she was found in a storage shed on property owned by the Boswell family. Photos from the grim crime scene were also said to demonstrate how tightly

Evelyn had been wrapped up in foil and a blanket—so much so that the pathologist said her face was somewhat flattened.

Agent Brian Fraley of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation testified that detectives found Evelyn’s body inside a “trash can” placed inside a playhouse in the shed.

“We received a call from the defendant’s father talking about property—a storage shed on the property. He believed it may have been valuable for us to look in it and search, so we did respond and search that,” he said.

He said the toddler’s body was found inside a black trash bag that was spotted after agents removed several other trash bags from inside the playhouse.

“I observed a leg and a foot attached on top of this trash wrapped in that same described fleece blanket…” Fraley was quoted saying by WJHL.

Megan Boswell, then 18, never reported her daughter missing after she vanished in early 2020, and police said she’d given conflicting accounts of what happened to the toddler from the get-go. She now faces a slew of charges in her daughter’s death, including felony murder, abuse of a corpse, felony child abuse, and aggravated child neglect.

“She claimed that it was an accidental death—that she and her boyfriend at the time were sleeping in bed with [Evelyn] and when they woke up that morning that she was unresponsive…that she had been smothered,” Fraley testified about what the young mom told investigators.

With her trial scheduled to begin on Feb. 6, 2023, Boswell on Friday also requested a new attorney, though the judge denied that motion, WBIR-TV reports.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tennessee...010856446.html

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information